Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will the Michael Cohen testimony bring enough dirt on Trump to impeach?
Yes, i believe it will 44 14.15%
It will definitely hurt Trump but not enough to impeach 104 33.44%
No, basically it will be a nothingburger 163 52.41%
Voters: 311. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2019, 12:35 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,129,341 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy64 View Post
This is probably the first time a large portion of Americans paid attention to this story...so you can't undo that. Also, this is what things look like when an opposition party holds one of the chambers of congress. There will be much much more public testimony regarding both SDNY and Mueller. Get used to it.
There sure was a lot of attention on Trump during the election. Remind me again what happened there?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kei5QXLQ_kk

Old 02-28-2019, 12:36 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,274,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post

But Trump has surrounded himself with dishonest people. Cohen is NOT a good guy, he has done a lot of bad stuff for Trump. ..

name 1 thing that Cohen has done bad for Trump that is a crime? the real crimes of Cohen that he is going away for 3 years had nothing to do with Trump. It had to do everything about his personal finances and tax fraud.......try again!

If Trump wasn't President, this wouldn't be news.

Old 02-28-2019, 12:39 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,639,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
name 1 thing that Cohen has done bad for Trump that is a crime? the real crimes of Cohen that he is going away for 3 years had nothing to do with Trump. It had to do everything about his personal finances and tax fraud.......try again!

If Trump wasn't President, this wouldn't be news.
those actions are alleged to have been taken on behalf of Trump.. if you don't know this i suggest you actually read the full doc, not just the few lines Fox shouts out to enrage you. It is all there. the court clearly stated Cohen acted on behalf of Trump.

edit ...If Trump were not POTUS he would already be in jail and you would be cheering to see the NY "liberal" thrown in prison...

Old 02-28-2019, 12:42 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,269,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
There sure was a lot of attention on Trump during the election. Remind me again what happened there?
I can only remind you that this is very faulty logic. Different time, different context, different electorate.

Old 02-28-2019, 12:46 PM

3,418 posts, read 7,791,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
who says we can't?

But Trump has surrounded himself with dishonest people. Cohen is NOT a good guy, he has done a lot of bad stuff for Trump.

You want to know the dirt, the details? You go to the fixer not the wife, not peer... The fixer, the hatchet men, the guys who clean up the mess, pay off the strippers, threaten the creditors ..

so expect to see more of Trump's sidekicks his henchmen his bookkeepers......
+1

I agree with this. Cohen is a convicted liar but that doesn't mean he doesn't have valuable information. Police interrogate convicted criminals all the time to get information.

I admit I did not see every minute of it but I thought he was credible. He didn't contradict himself. He was asked the same questions multiple times and always gave the same answer. He was not the only one in the inner circle and what he said matched up with what others have said.

Most importantly he had the opportunity to slam Trump on a variety of topics but he didn't. He stuck to what he knew and what he was involved in. If he did not know, or did not agree with the question or statement he simply said so.

Old 02-28-2019, 12:57 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,274,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMD3819 View Post
+1

I agree with this. Cohen is a convicted liar but that doesn't mean he doesn't have valuable information. Police interrogate convicted criminals all the time to get information.

I admit I did not see every minute of it but I thought he was credible. He didn't contradict himself. He was asked the same questions multiple times and always gave the same answer. He was not the only one in the inner circle and what he said matched up with what others have said.

Most importantly he had the opportunity to slam Trump on a variety of topics but he didn't. He stuck to what he knew and what he was involved in. If he did not know or did not agree with the question or statement he simply said so.

Cohen ADMITS to preparing & coordinating his congressional testimony with: , The DNC , Democratic Party leadership, Chairman Cummings , Chairman Adam Schiff , "Various individuals" in the Democratic party.

you say: "Most importantly he had the opportunity to slam Trump on a variety of topics but he didn't".....because he couldn't or he would get more perjury charges and get more years. He can't say anything different than what he told Mueller and the SDNY or what they already know....if he did, he is toast.........try again...LOL

Old 02-28-2019, 01:06 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,758,281 times
Trump is cherry- picking Cohen’s testimony.

Said he was surprised Cohen said Trump did not collude with Russia.

I am soooo confused. I thought everything Cohen testified was a lie.

( I have consistently said I will be surprised if the special investigation will have evidence to charge Trump with a crime. This is no different than the 7 year investigation into the Clintons, back when. No diff than that investigation, others will be convicted of assorted crimes).

Old 02-28-2019, 01:07 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,639,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMD3819 View Post
+1

Most importantly he had the opportunity to slam Trump on a variety of topics but he didn't. He stuck to what he knew and what he was involved in. If he did not know, or did not agree with the question or statement he simply said so.
I feel a similar way. He seemed surprisingly credible to me, and seemed like he was very concerned about telling the absolute truth to keep his 3 year plea deal intact. It also occurred to me he might be very good at ingratiating himself. between coaching and his long experience skirting the borders of law he might be very good at appearing to be whatever he needs to appear to be. It is very hard to tell from the 5 min format.

However his testimony is what counts and the fact that his deal can be pulled for so much as the slightest lie means it was not in his interest to outright lie. Most likely he wanted to hurt trump but wanted to do it without risking more prison time.

Old 02-28-2019, 02:27 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,914,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
This morning on my drive into work I turned on the radio, just like I did the same time of the day yesterday. Big difference is yesterday all that was being aired was the live broadcast of the House Oversight Committee. The station even broke into the regularly scheduled program to listen in on it.

This morning however, not a stitch of talk in regards to it. As said yesterday, in 6 months to a year from now, it will be completely forgotten about. Today proves that this is already starting.

Sorry dems/libs, you didn't win the lottery......again.
You have a funny definition of "completely forgotten".

As said yesterday by some of the members of Congress, people are capable of doing more than one thing at once. Just because someone isn't talking about the Cohen statements always, that doesn't mean that they have been forgotten.

Old 02-28-2019, 02:30 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,914,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
How funny. Rush just played a clip from Trump's campaign appearance at a black church in 2016 where Cohen introduced him and said how disgraceful it was that the media depicted Trump as a racist. So was he lying then or did he just lie (again) to Congress when he said Trump was a racist?
You realize a person can hold racist thoughts and still interact with Black people, right?

One does not negate the other.

This is like when people use the "token black friend" as a defense that they couldn't possibly be racially biased..."but I have 2 black friends!!!". Uh huh.

Now, I'm not even necesarilly saying that Trump IS a racist. I happen to find it very plausible that he would have said those awful things - but I don't know. All I AM saying is that what you are using as a defense really isn't much of a defense at all from those claims.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies