Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will the Michael Cohen testimony bring enough dirt on Trump to impeach?
Yes, i believe it will 44 14.15%
It will definitely hurt Trump but not enough to impeach 104 33.44%
No, basically it will be a nothingburger 163 52.41%
Voters: 311. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2019, 07:41 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,100,064 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
I want Trump to hang on for the rest of his term.

Two reasons for this:

-1- He will continue to be an albatross around the neck of the Republican party, and eventually expose them all for their hypocrisy, greed and general overall 'swampiness'.

-2- If Trump leaves office before his term completes, Pence will become president, and this will not be counted as a term because it is under two years. As an incumbent he would have an advantage getting the nomination and could possibly (however unlikely) be in the white house for as much as 9 years.

~

I do understand that the right thing to do would be to clean the white house of Trump vermin and Trump stench, that would be the most moral and ethical approach to governing. However, I think most Democrats today are done with any idea of impeaching, unless more treason and/or corruption comes to light that can not ethically be ignored. For the long-term good of the country Trump is simply more useful as a real time example of the depravity and corruption of the Republican party than as a martyr.
Good point.

Old 03-01-2019, 08:34 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,550,307 times
Quote:

Two reasons for this:

-1- He will continue to be an albatross around the neck of the Republican party, and eventually expose them all for their hypocrisy, greed and general overall 'swampiness'.
Yes, the longer tRump remains in the WH, the more damage he inflicts on the GOP, who continue to support him in the face of his clear criminality and bigotry.

Quote:
-2- If Trump leaves office before his term completes, Pence will become president, and this will not be counted as a term because it is under two years. As an incumbent he would have an advantage getting the nomination and could possibly (however unlikely) be in the white house for as much as 9 years.
I'm not convinced that Pence will emerge unscathed from this mess.

Quote:
~

I do understand that the right thing to do would be to clean the white house of Trump vermin and Trump stench, that would be the most moral and ethical approach to governing. However, I think most Democrats today are done with any idea of impeaching, unless more treason and/or corruption comes to light that can not ethically be ignored. For the long-term good of the country Trump is simply more useful as a real time example of the depravity and corruption of the Republican party than as a martyr.
If tRump is booted out by next year's election, that would be the most valid form of rejection. But if his crimes are exposed as intolerable, then the Pubs in congress could possibly be forced by the public to support his removal.

After all, very few of them have loyalty to anything other than their own political futures. I doubt they'd risk election defeat by going over the cliff for tRump's already fetid "reputation."

Fabulously entertaining!

Old 03-01-2019, 08:39 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,603,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Nothing impeachable. At all. You see how people are now "looking for a crime" rather than investigating one right? If not, you're an idiot.

If it was good enough for WJC then it's good enough for Crooked Trump.

Old 03-01-2019, 09:05 AM

8,775 posts, read 11,910,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
I've only seen a few clips from the hearings, but I have seen probably 60% of the 'Trump Dynasty' show on A & E. However, I didn't see it in total, nor in 'broadcast/chronological order', which I'd like to do. I'll look to see if A & E is showing it again, or if it is on Netflix.

Very interesting, isn't it? I may watch it again if it shows again. A lot to absorb. I was fascinated with how his 'relationship' with Russia began but it makes sense.

Old 03-01-2019, 09:05 AM

8,704 posts, read 11,124,091 times
Quote:

Two reasons for this:

~

The problem for you is that he has already revealed the 'swampiness' of the democratic party. All the crap the Obama admin pulled, strongarming all of the agencies from the doj to the fbi to the IRS. It should be appalling even to you loyal democrats. Not only that but your party showed what a sham they were by allowing HrC to take over the party and quietly not allow anyone of substance to run against her. You know Biden is pissed off. You know they did everything possible to quell the Bernie movement.

The country is doing great in spite of the democrats. Just imagine if you all pulled in the same direction...pathetic.

Old 03-01-2019, 09:42 AM

37,221 posts, read 19,219,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
Still counting on that impeachment, dems? Are the walls still closing in? Is the noose still tightening? What's your next avenue of false hope?
Why would we impeach him before he has the opportunity to take the entire GOP with him when he goes? There is plenty of time to jail him in 2021.

Old 03-01-2019, 09:43 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,091,461 times
So much for the "Russia collusion" narrative:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ld4Qg_BXbco

Old 03-01-2019, 09:43 AM

32,113 posts, read 34,739,914 times
Quote:
For the long-term good of the country Trump is simply more useful as a real time example of the depravity and corruption of the Republican party than as a martyr.
I agree. Let him continue to blow up the party.

This is a dream scenario, but the best thing that could happen would be that the GOP self-destructs and the Democratic Party becomes the party of the "center right," which it would probably be in many other developed nations. Today's GOP has easily got to be the most far right of any major political party in the developed world.

Old 03-01-2019, 09:46 AM

37,221 posts, read 19,219,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Bingo.

If Republicans ever come to the conclusion that backing a President who is openly committing crimes, and quite possibly treason, is a poor idea, they'll dump Trump in a New York minute.

Couldn't help but notice that in Cohen's recent Congressional hearing, not a single, solitary Republican proclaimed that Trump was a good guy. Not one.
None of the republicans in the hearing were in the least concerned with the alleged criminal activity of a sitting president. It was one of the most shameful displays of party over country in the nation's history.

The Wonkettte article yesterday summed it up better than any other one I saw. Look it up.

Old 03-01-2019, 09:46 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,091,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
I agree. Let him continue to blow up the party.

This is a dream scenario, but the best thing that could happen would be that the GOP self-destructs and the Democratic Party becomes the party of the "center right," which it would probably be in many other developed nations. Today's GOP has easily got to be the most far right of any major political party in the developed world.
If today's GOP is "far right" (considering how many liberals have infiltrated it - Kristol and Boot and Wilson and Navaro and so on and so on), you really are smoking some good stuff my friend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies