Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will the Michael Cohen testimony bring enough dirt on Trump to impeach?
Yes, i believe it will 44 14.15%
It will definitely hurt Trump but not enough to impeach 104 33.44%
No, basically it will be a nothingburger 163 52.41%
Voters: 311. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2019, 02:43 AM

37,221 posts, read 19,219,451 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
The far-left butt-hurt is so funny. Such hopes. Such dreams. All crushed. The tears never get old.
The "far-left" is quoting easily searchable facts to support their assertions. If you are that fond of their tears, you should consider adding to them by presenting a line of fact-based reasoning in defense of Dear Leader instead of sniping like the republican house committee members did with Cohen. Simply dismissing posts with no reason given makes it appear that there is no defense that will work.

Give it a shot. Any rational and cogent argument will be given immediate and full consideraton. This interaaction is called "debate".

Old 03-01-2019, 02:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Look at it this way.

If anybody on the planet had evidence of Russia Collusion against Trump, it would have been Cohen.

So if it happened, how the hell did they miss it when they raided his office and obtained all his stuff?

So what was this big charade about?

It was a hail mary Pick Six!

Ha Suckas! You lost again!
Could be they found it and it pointed them to others who were involved and had to be investigated as well. Collusion requires more than one party to be involved. It could be that the individuals implicated have sealed indictments waiting to be opened over at D.C. District court when all the players are in.

Cohen's testimony was never about Russia. It was about the matters that "...arose or may arise from the investigation" per Rosenstein's letter appointing Mueller. We know Bob referred a lot of cases to SDNY, EDNY, and EDVA, and possibly other AGs and prosecutors where appropriate. Looks like SDNY will be the first ones to press anything.

Old 03-01-2019, 03:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
Sleep well my friend, in your fantasy world...
Actually, I have been a little upset with myself for not including "Witness Tampering" and "Insurance Fraud". Not enough to lose any sleep, however. I like being rested so I can fully appreciate getting up and watching increasingly large pieces fall off Off Brand Nixon and his Ship of Fools every day.

The Trumptanic is going down. I can't wait for all the rats to start putting on life preservers and bailing out. It will happen. As things go further south for Donnie, an increasing number of his former supporters will abandon him to escape the stench of association. That's politics.

Old 03-01-2019, 03:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
Not necessary..2016-2019 same ol same ol different day. Same ol lies about "size" etc...

What is needed is someone to now calculate Donald Trumps ACTUAL vocabulary bank of words....

After watching the biography (s)...I d say it s close to MAYBE a total of 50 regularly/repetitively used words
impromptu with an interjected Proper noun such as Manafort, Cohen, Paul Ryan....Maralago, Mexico, California...
And MAYBE an additional 100 combination of nouns verbs and adverbs maybe a few adjectives but even that many is attributed to his speech writer changing it up.

Id say watch just for that. You ll only need about 15 minutes in to hear those 50 that he uses today.
And to also learn/know Cohen in ten years knows the Trump of 50 years plus.

A lyin president with a vocabulary of at most 150 words. Winning Republicans. They ll reap what they sow.
According to analysis, he speaks at a fourth-grade level, the lowest of the last fifteen presidents. That would put him at the communication level of a ten-year-old.

The methodology used to analyze his speech is cited here.

https://www.newsweek.com/trump-fire-...H0qoYt31XpGoaU

Old 03-01-2019, 03:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissPickel View Post
And totally undeserving of any apology from Rashida Tlaib.
I love that she read her statement into the record twice.

Old 03-01-2019, 03:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Nothing impeachable. At all. You see how people are now "looking for a crime" rather than investigating one right? If not, you're an idiot.

And damn if those accusations of "racism" weren't the stupidest things I've heard coming out of the mouths of politicians. That freshman congresswoman is disgusting.
Actually, as long as he goes to jail for his crimes, we really don't care whether he is impeached or not. We're just wondering if SDNY will eventually try to indict him without impeachment, or whether they will be forced to wait until he leaves office to prosecute. Whatever. We got lotsa popcorn.

Old 03-01-2019, 04:37 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,836,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Actually, as long as he goes to jail for his crimes, we really don't care whether he is impeached or not. We're just wondering if SDNY will eventually try to indict him without impeachment, or whether they will be forced to wait until he leaves office to prosecute. Whatever. We got lotsa popcorn.
Sealed indictments that are unsealed on the day Trump is no longer POTUS is likely what is going on. This gives Congress time to live up their their Constitutional responsibility.

Old 03-01-2019, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Sealed indictments that are unsealed on the day Trump is no longer POTUS is likely what is going on. This gives Congress time to live up their their Constitutional responsibility.
SDNY may try to indict Donnie with or without impeachment, for state level crimes that he cannot pardon. If not, they will have charges waiting as soon as he is replaced. His children, however, are not subject to the same treatment. They can be indicted any time, and he still can't do anything about it.

Congress will only do what is right when they are forced into it by the possibility of public censure for continuing to support a criminal. They blow with the wind.

Old 03-01-2019, 05:57 AM

46,302 posts, read 27,117,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
If there was collusion, the FBI would have known about it before the election since they were listening in on everyone involved with the campaign, unbeknownst to any of them. So far the only thing they’ve been able to make seem inappropriate was the meeting Don Jr had with the Russian lawyer, which sounds bad until you learn that the Russian lawyer met with Fusion GPS both before and after that twenty minute meeting with Jr. If that’s not fishy, I don’t know what is.

How can anyone believe their crap? Well, we are talking about the same people that think hormone therapy can turn men into women and world record smashing female athletes, or that we can do away with carbon fuels and nuclear energy in ten years and improve our quality of life instead of utterly destroying it. But still, they should be able to figure this one out.

And lets not forget, Obama told his IT folks to stand down....because they knew Russia was meddling....

Old 03-01-2019, 06:01 AM

5,717 posts, read 3,148,043 times
Still counting on that impeachment, dems? Are the walls still closing in? Is the noose still tightening? What's your next avenue of false hope?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies