Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will the Michael Cohen testimony bring enough dirt on Trump to impeach?
Yes, i believe it will 44 14.15%
It will definitely hurt Trump but not enough to impeach 104 33.44%
No, basically it will be a nothingburger 163 52.41%
Voters: 311. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2019, 06:47 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,888,047 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
He prepared his testimony with only him and his attorneys. He had contact with SDNY, Mueller, and possibly a couple more investigative agencies to find out what topics were taboo <<for now>>. It would have been impossible for him to have testified without having prior contact with a lot of people. Go back and read the transcript of his testimony if you want the truth.
The GOP members knew that
They just wanted to act like SDNY/Mueller and any other agency was acting to “collude” with Cohen as part of the Deep State that Trump always hauls out when he needs to make people afraid of hearing the truth

I think the next round of interviews are going to be sans gloves
Weisselberg, Don Jr, some other Trump employees including Trump’s secretary
They are going to make them come down to DC (maybe they will even get to stay at the Post Office Hotel at an employee discount) and face more direct and specific questioning from the Dems on the Committees they face
You can write off the GOP members since apparently they won’t be running for office in 2020–
They certainly seem not to care about what their constituents might think their lack of interest in what are obvious crimes Trump has committed...

They can ignore them until Trump is out of office I guess but maybe they just plan on Trump ALWAYS being in office—
Maybe that’s why they didn’t ask any pertinent questions about illegal acts Trump has committed or seems likely to do in future...

Old 02-28-2019, 06:49 PM

5,717 posts, read 3,148,043 times
The far-left butt-hurt is so funny. Such hopes. Such dreams. All crushed. The tears never get old.

Old 02-28-2019, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
You’re likely referring to Justin Amash of Michigan.
Thanks
I didn’t watch lot of it because it was so bombastic and just rude
Even some Dems with their comments were not that impressive
Their aides wrote them up I guess and they hadn’t reviewed them before hand was my take
I wish some of them had asked about the RNC money side
As far as I know there is no investigation going on about that—except maybe the NRA/Butina stuff—
But nothing about Cohen’s role
So why they couldn’t ask about that and any untoward collections he made or Trump asked him to so—
Guess that would be opening a new can of worms
But SOMEONE needed to be asking those questions
I can’t believe Cohen had no records of what he did for the RNC that were in the confiscated “boxes”...

Old 02-28-2019, 06:53 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,682,105 times
The so-called Trump business Empire will go the way of the DoDo bird. Not to say the world will miss it...which says something about the "innovation" involved.

In the end one realtor and landlord is the same as another and there are an endless supply of both.

Old 02-28-2019, 06:57 PM

18,025 posts, read 27,472,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
The far-left butt-hurt is so funny. Such hopes. Such dreams. All crushed. The tears never get old.
Look at it this way.

If anybody on the planet had evidence of Russia Collusion against Trump, it would have been Cohen.

So if it happened, how the hell did they miss it when they raided his office and obtained all his stuff?

So what was this big charade about?

It was a hail mary Pick Six!

Ha Suckas! You lost again!

Old 02-28-2019, 06:58 PM

Re Justin Amash
This is a Twitter post he made—
I don’t know what the previous Twitter posts were that made him respond in this way but I—as a Democrat who would trust Trump about as far as I could throw him—find this refreshing and responsible for ANY Congressman/woman to post
If he means it —about supporting the Constitution over blind obedience to the President—then I think he will have to disagree with the GOP more and more...but can keep his soul

If you think my job is to support the president one hundred percent, then you don’t understand what it means to be a representative in Congress. My job is to support the Constitution one hundred percent and to represent all the people of my district by protecting their rights.

And once I Googled him I realized I did see his questions w/o really knowing who he was—
Thought from the tone and topic he was a New Democratic Congress rep—not GOP frankly

Old 02-28-2019, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post

Trump does not seem to have a winning exit strategy, i mean there is always a way out, but a winning one is seeming less and less likely with each step .
When have you EVER seen Trump with an exit strategy==he doesn’t even understand what that is...
He leaves home w/o it all the time
As the trip to Vietnam and the hasty return proves...
Claiming to have spurs is about as close as he has come to an exit strategy...

Old 02-28-2019, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
This morning on my drive into work I turned on the radio, just like I did the same time of the day yesterday. Big difference is yesterday all that was being aired was the live broadcast of the House Oversight Committee. The station even broke into the regularly scheduled program to listen in on it.

This morning however, not a stitch of talk in regards to it. As said yesterday, in 6 months to a year from now, it will be completely forgotten about. Today proves that this is already starting.

Sorry dems/libs, you didn't win the lottery......again.
And yet here we all are...
And will be...

What station were you listening to if you don’t mind saying?
Because MSNBC was still talking about Cohen and so were CNN and I imagine the Fox channel on Sirius was talking about it
I don’t listen to free talk radio over the air—use Sirius

Old 02-28-2019, 07:28 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,914,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
Cohen ADMITS to preparing & coordinating his congressional testimony with: , The DNC , Democratic Party leadership, Chairman Cummings , Chairman Adam Schiff , "Various individuals" in the Democratic party.

you say: "Most importantly he had the opportunity to slam Trump on a variety of topics but he didn't".....because he couldn't or he would get more perjury charges and get more years. He can't say anything different than what he told Mueller and the SDNY or what they already know....if he did, he is toast.........try again...LOL
Out of curiosity, when was that admitted?

Old 02-28-2019, 07:32 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,024,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
This morning on my drive into work I turned on the radio, just like I did the same time of the day yesterday. Big difference is yesterday all that was being aired was the live broadcast of the House Oversight Committee. The station even broke into the regularly scheduled program to listen in on it.

This morning however, not a stitch of talk in regards to it. As said yesterday, in 6 months to a year from now, it will be completely forgotten about. Today proves that this is already starting.

Sorry dems/libs, you didn't win the lottery......again.
Even on the MSM the main focus this morning was the failed peace talks with North Korea. Not any better.

As many have mentioned ---- Cohen's testimoney was just affirmation of what we knew.

It isn't 'news' -- it's -- yeah yeah -- but show the receipts.

Seems Fordham University is first in line to confirm Cohen's claim that they were 'bullied' into not releasing documents.........

Hmmmm -- that Cohen ---
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies