Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will the Michael Cohen testimony bring enough dirt on Trump to impeach?
Yes, i believe it will 44 14.15%
It will definitely hurt Trump but not enough to impeach 104 33.44%
No, basically it will be a nothingburger 163 52.41%
Voters: 311. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2019, 11:26 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,088,583 times

Advertisements

Yeah, whatever you say, Mark....

https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/1101158459679170560

Old 02-28-2019, 11:28 AM

2,267 posts, read 1,946,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Well, the plot thickens. The gruesome twosome, Jordan and Meadows, have referred Cohen to the Justice Department based on suspicion of perjury regarding Cohen’s denial that he sought a job in the White House and his denial that he had reportable contacts with foreign entities. Yes, this refers to the form nonsense that riled up the internet and Representative Hill. Way to stay focused on what’s important, gentlemen.

The reportable contacts is comical. They MISREAD a form THEY created, grilled him about it erroneously, and then were corrected on the record about it.

Now they still want to pursue this. Comical.

Old 02-28-2019, 11:30 AM

12,601 posts, read 7,231,047 times
Quote:
Well, the plot thickens. The gruesome twosome, Jordan and Meadows, have referred Cohen to the Justice Department based on suspicion of perjury regarding Cohen’s denial that he sought a job in the White House and his denial that he had reportable contacts with foreign entities. Yes, this refers to the form nonsense that riled up the internet and Representative Hill. Way to stay focused on what’s important, gentlemen.
Gaslight
Obstruct
Project

Old 02-28-2019, 11:30 AM

8,168 posts, read 3,129,341 times
This morning on my drive into work I turned on the radio, just like I did the same time of the day yesterday. Big difference is yesterday all that was being aired was the live broadcast of the House Oversight Committee. The station even broke into the regularly scheduled program to listen in on it.

This morning however, not a stitch of talk in regards to it. As said yesterday, in 6 months to a year from now, it will be completely forgotten about. Today proves that this is already starting.

Sorry dems/libs, you didn't win the lottery......again.

Old 02-28-2019, 11:31 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,376,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchampagne232000 View Post
There was one. A single young republican who asked legitimate questions. Forgot his name but he was above the poop throwing.
You’re likely referring to Justin Amash of Michigan.

Old 02-28-2019, 11:36 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,088,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
Gaslight
Obstruct
Project
I love this.

Old 02-28-2019, 11:36 AM

7,447 posts, read 2,835,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
This morning on my drive into work I turned on the radio, just like I did the same time of the day yesterday. Big difference is yesterday all that was being aired was the live broadcast of the House Oversight Committee. The station even broke into the regularly scheduled program to listen in on it.

This morning however, not a stitch of talk in regards to it. As said yesterday, in 6 months to a year from now, it will be completely forgotten about. Today proves that this is already starting.

Sorry dems/libs, you didn't win the lottery......again.
You can keep assuming everyone has the same goldfish memory you do, but it probably is not a safe bet.

Old 02-28-2019, 11:39 AM

8,168 posts, read 3,129,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
You can keep assuming everyone has the same goldfish memory you do, but it probably is not a safe bet.
Your first mistake is assuming. Your last mistake is to act upon that assumption accordingly.

Old 02-28-2019, 11:42 AM

2,267 posts, read 1,946,248 times
Quote:
You’re likely referring to Justin Amash of Michigan.

Yep. Googled Amash and it was him. The lone Republican that put Country over party. I'll be following his career now. Probably has a bright future ahead of him.

Old 02-28-2019, 11:50 AM

8,775 posts, read 11,910,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSmallHome View Post
Trump has been a liar and a con man his whole life, which his supporters would know if they had bothered to learn his history before jumping on his bandwagon. He's provenly lied every day he has been in office. Now, suddenly, his supporters are all concerned about lying? LOL. They forget that Mueller no doubt has corroborating evidence for every statement Cohen is making. Even when that is shown to be the case, they will STILL defend Trump. What a bunch of brainwashed loonies. And the Republican "leadership" in Congress is simply spineless and bought-off.

Don't know if any of you folks have seen it but the past couple of days there's been a marathon showing of The Trump Dynasty on TV. Starts way back with ancestors all the way to today. It's shown in three parts, two hours each, and isn't biased one way or another. It IS very honest though and you learn about his associates and 'ways'. Tons of print and media. Anyway, if you get the chance to watch it, do. It actually explains soooo much of who he is and why he is the way he is.

I have been watching the hearings. I like hearing for myself what people are saying so I don't have to depend on the news people to tell me and context, etc.. Sometimes they leave out things they shouldn't. I think Cohen is being truthful this time around. And I liked it when he told them he thought he was there to talk about Trump and all they wanted to do was make sure he knew HE was a 'rat'. Not exactly like that but how I interpreted it. It'll be interesting to see where it all goes.

Have to admit the past couple of years have not been boring.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies