Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2019, 04:52 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,068,169 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
It would do nothing other than making people feel like they "did something."

I realize this will accomplish very little but I'm not the one pushing for it. If I can get concealed carry nationwide out of it with the stipulations I outlined I'm all aboard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2019, 04:55 PM

11,346 posts, read 16,711,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
The NFL has voluntarily relinquished it's non profit status as have many other sports leagues because there isn't really any benefit to it. The NFL itself can make $0 profit so there is nothing to tax, it's a management company that distributes revenue to the team owners where it is taxed.
Yeah, 10 days ago.

Old 02-24-2019, 05:01 PM

8,196 posts, read 2,847,072 times
The NRA is saying that they have been targeted by these leftists.
The only people who would boycott the NRA already don't patronize them. No harm done. Nothing lost. Next.

Old 02-24-2019, 05:03 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,068,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
Yeah, 10 days ago.

??? AFAIK it was a few years back, all besides the point because there is little or nothing to tax. They got rid of it because they will no longer have to file public records.

Old 02-24-2019, 05:08 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,537,022 times
Not the smartest stunt by the NRA. "Target Practice" seems pretty self-explanatory. The people here defending same are the same ones who went insane over Maxine Waters.

Old 02-24-2019, 05:08 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,811,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
I realize this will accomplish very little but I'm not the one pushing for it. If I can get concealed carry nationwide out of it with the stipulations I outlined I'm all aboard.
It is always their endgame that I am worried about, and would rather not be a "criminal" when my older parents leave me all their weapons.

Old 02-24-2019, 05:11 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,647,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
And if such picture was published by a liberal gun owners group and had Trump in it you guys would be calling for mass arrests..

in short Todd, you know you are making excuses solely to defend your "side". You know it , I know it ever poster here INCLUDING trump supporters know it.
Well, I will say it is refreshing to know that you understand the way "your" side is portraying this is ridiculous. And yes, you are absolutely right, there would be people going crazy on the right if this article was somehow aimed at Trump or some other prominent Republican officials. What can I say, there are snowflakes on both sides of the aisle. Just glad we can admit that and move on.

Old 02-24-2019, 05:12 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,012,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Anyone with half a brain can tell from the article's summary in blue that they are saying exactly the opposite of how you're trying to portray it.

Democrats are targeting gun owners

Duh......

Yawn.....

Next.......
As much as I would love to get in a dig against the NRA, this is correct. If you read the words in large blue print just under the headline, it's clear what the intended meaning is:

Quote:
Congressional Democrats target gunowners for persecution with extreme firearms transfer bans.
It's in all caps, and extremely large print that can't be missed--unless one wishes to be deliberately obtuse, and, as revealed by google.com, there's a lot of that out there.

And BTW, it's been shown definitively, by the numbers, that the NRA is not primarily a lobbying arm of the gun industry. The money involved is fairly low by DC standards. It would not be enough money for the NRA to wield the power that it does. The NRA is a membership-driven organization, with over 5 million members. It's the MEMBERSHIP we need to target....OOPSIE

Old 02-24-2019, 05:13 PM

7,420 posts, read 2,711,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
It's the NЯA, did you expect smarts?

Clever...could not rep you.
What else have you authored?

Old 02-24-2019, 05:13 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,914,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
The NRA is tax-exempt?

Why?

To be tax-exempt, an organization is supposed to promote social welfare, further the common good and general welfare, civic betterment, social improvements, and so forth.

NRA does none of this.

NRA is a political lobbying front for gun manufacturers.
Good questions. I don't have answers for them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies