Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2019, 05:14 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,775,066 times

Advertisements

All the nra is now is a Russian cash laundering vehicle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2019, 05:18 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,012,645 times
Here is a random Washington Post article. The headline is "DC Madame defender has new target: Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.34efba4fcf13

Should we be outraged at that headline? Should we start a campaign to boycott, or perhaps take away their FCC license? No, only an idiot would think that. I'll leave the readers to connect the dots between 'idiot' and this thread.

Old 02-24-2019, 05:18 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,068,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
It is always their endgame that I am worried about, and would rather not be a "criminal" when my older parents leave me all their weapons.

The bill has exemptions for close relatives, estates etc. at least the version I read. That said the law would be somewhat meaningless as far as that goes because you could always claim they were given to you before it was enacted.

Old 02-24-2019, 05:38 PM

19,781 posts, read 22,680,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
For starters someone I know has given me a gun on loan and it would be illegal under that law. Secondly there is no details in that bill such as what the fee will be. Any such bill would need to specify any fees charged will be no more than to cover expenses which should be no more than a few dollars.
So? Go shoot your friends firearm with him.

I don’t loan out my firearms to ANYONE. They are my responsibility and kept in a safe.

Old 02-24-2019, 05:42 PM

46,302 posts, read 27,117,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
All the nra is now is a Russian cash laundering vehicle.

Any proof? Other than a few people in russia are NRA members?

Old 02-24-2019, 06:01 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,068,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
So? Go shoot your friends firearm with him.

That doesn't apply in this situation.

Quote:
I don’t loan out my firearms to ANYONE. They are my responsibility and kept in a safe.
That's your prerogative but if your friends cannot be trusted with your guns I'd suggest finding some new friends.

Old 02-24-2019, 06:07 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,572,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Anyone with half a brain can tell from the article's summary in blue that they are saying exactly the opposite of how you're trying to portray it.

Democrats are targeting gun owners

Duh......

Yawn.....

Next.......
this. just another sad dim attempt to make something out of nothing.

Old 02-24-2019, 06:58 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,908,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Obviously provocative...

I would not have endorsed it, but maybe this has something to do with it...

From 2013... UK Daily Mail
Gabby Giffords still loves guns: Shot congresswoman watches husband take target practice with same model of weapon that nearly killed her

Gabby Giffords’ husband likes to do target practice with exactly the same kind of gun which was used to shoot her - as she cheers him on from their porch.

Mark Kelly shoots pots and water bottles at a family ranch in Arizona with a Glock 9mm whilst the former Congresswoman shouts: ‘Excellent! excellent!’ with a smile on her face.

The same gun was allegedly used by Jared Loughner in January 2011 to shoot her in the head on his rampage which left six dead and five others injured.

The couple admit they still love the ‘gun culture’ and argue that their knowledge of guns gives them more credibility with the gun lobby and the National Rifle Association.
That is because the Giffords family is shock of shockers gun owners. All they want is for the gun laws to be effective enough to prevent what happened to Gabby Giffords at her town hall meeting. The problem is the NRA has empowered gun nuts since at least the Brady Bill was a Bill. This shows how much the NRA is tone deaf.

Old 02-24-2019, 11:07 PM

1,663 posts, read 877,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
The requirement for private transfer background checks is unenforceable as there is no database to begin with. Multiple law enforcement leaders have noted this on so many occasions. It would do nothing other than making people feel like they "did something." While also leading politicians to ultimately say that we need registration to fix the flaw they created.
The latest example of of this was in Nevada a few weeks ago. During a hearing for a new background check law, a state lawmaker asked a lawyer for everytown for gun safety how it was supposed to be enforced.

Quote:
“The ultimate goal of this type of legislation is not to put people in jail but rather to create a culture of compliance where law abiding gun sellers require background checks...”
Or in plain english, it's not about safety, it's about acclimating lawful gun owners to ever increasing restrictions and controls. https://www.nraila.org/articles/2019...-of-compliance

Swalwell is is a moron who apparently doesn't remember his own " call for violence", when he implied that the government would use nuclear weapons on American soil to enforce gun control.
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/rep-eric-swalwell-give-me-your-guns-or-else-i-nuke-you

He's just being a drama queen. Next.

Old 02-24-2019, 11:09 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,133,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Its an outrage i tell ya lol
Where is the joke here?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies