Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2020, 10:30 PM

5,462 posts, read 3,032,982 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
She freaks out about Muslims in Congress. There ya go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by serger View Post
A lot of whining.

Several questions:

1. What is your proposed policy on illegal settlements?
2. What is your proposed policy on occupied territories? (Previously you indicated "winner takes all", lol. So, as I asked before, in your opinion, should Germany be part of Russia, or any of the other former soviet republics? After all the former Soviet Union defeated nazi Germany in WW2, after being attacked and suffering unimaginable losses.
3. What about the humongous amounts of aid given to a developed country courtesy to the US taxpayer?

I'll wait.

P.S. Btw, I do have more questions if you manage to answer the the ones above, lol. And before you try to label me, I have a lot of problems with the other side in this conflict as well.
For all questions this is the answer : You must be a liberal or you must be an anti semite for talking about me/my religion/israel.

Old 02-10-2020, 03:29 AM

35,000 posts, read 16,964,237 times
Quote:
Several questions:

2. What is your proposed policy on occupied territories? (Previously you indicated "winner takes all", lol. So, as I asked before, in your opinion, should Germany be part of Russia, or any of the other former soviet republics? After all the former Soviet Union defeated nazi Germany in WW2, after being attacked and suffering unimaginable losses.
Is Israel supposed to wait till the end of time, or the next Intifada for negotiations to start? The Arab leadership will never negotiate unless forced by changing realities on the ground. The Russians sure protected themselves by rearranging the map and where people lived. As did the Czechs.

Old 02-10-2020, 05:36 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,497,447 times
Quote:
A lot of whining.

Several questions:

3. What about the humongous amounts of aid given to a developed country courtesy to the US taxpayer?

I'll wait.

P.S. Btw, I do have more questions if you manage to answer the the ones above, lol. And before you try to label me, I have a lot of problems with the other side in this conflict as well.
Why are you asking for my solutions? I'm not an expert in international relations, particularly when one of the players wants to obliterate the other from the face of the Earth. That wasn't the topic. The topic was that antisemitism is driving much of the Israel-hate we see today. Anyone who can't acknowledge this is in denial.

And my "winner takes all" - don't remember that, was that another post from a year ago? - was predicated on the fact that Arab countries attacked Israel, Israel defeated them, and is thus entitled to keep the land they won in a war which was waged against them. (Other countries have scooped up significant amounts of land during war. Where's your condemnation for THEM? Again, double standards.) But to answer your question, I'd be fine with giving half the land back to Jordan so they can form "Palestine," but of course Israel would need to maintain a military presence for protection. In return, the Palestinians, led by the Hamas terrorists, would have to agree to let Israel live in peace.

Finally, since you say you have problems with the other side, I hope you see that the stumbling block is the Hamas-led Palestinians. They have been offered land/statehood and a peace solution before, more than once, but they've always turned it down. That's because they want Israel gone entirely.

Old 02-10-2020, 06:54 AM

35,000 posts, read 16,964,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
I see we're near the 1-year anniversary of when you started this thread. You don't really expect the responses now will be any different than a year ago, do you ? The false extremes, double standards, and nutty analogies never change.
What has changed is that the Arab states are increasingly lining up with Israel. And another year of low oil prices.

Old 02-10-2020, 09:58 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,879,874 times
Jews tend to have money therefore they must be evil per the left.

Old 02-10-2020, 01:51 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,800,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
(I put the following is an unrelated thread, but it's really worthy if its own thread).....

The anti-Semitism on the left is spreading. And for those anti-Isrseli leftists who keep insisting that being against Israel does not have Antisemitisim at its root, let me ask you the following:

Why are leftists choosing to denigrate Israel, protesting with the anti-Israel BDS movement, when we barely hear a peep against against countries that are truly brutalizing Muslims? What about the Buddhist country of Mynamer (sp?), and what they've done do the 1 million Rochingya Muslims in that country? The Buddhists won't even allow Muslims to be citizen there (while Israel has Muslims in elected leadership positions)! And what about Syria and its treatment? What about the Kurds? I could go on and on.

WHY is the condemnation focused solely on the Jewish country? Why are leftists so willing - and even eager - to condemn Jews, yet there's not a word about other countries doing far worse?

Here's an article showing the tie between the hard left and Nazism:

Why Such a Surge of Worldwide Anti-Semitism, by Alan Dershowitz — Dr. Naomi on Israel
I just don't like how the country of Israel is treating the Palestinians.

This alone should bother any person with a conscious.

Court Compensates Palestinian Woman Delayed at IDF Checkpoint With Dying Baby

Human Rights, Pregnancy and Israeli Checkpoints

Old 02-10-2020, 02:02 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,497,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
I just don't like how the country of Israel is treating the Palestinians.

This alone should bother any person with a conscious.

Court Compensates Palestinian Woman Delayed at IDF Checkpoint With Dying Baby

Human Rights, Pregnancy and Israeli Checkpoints
Yes, those stories are awful. But we could also dig up plenty of stories of awful treatment of Israelis by Palestinians. I imagine those stories would bother you too. True?

Old 02-10-2020, 02:20 PM

2,264 posts, read 970,896 times
I'd be happy if Uncle Sam just gave up his side job as overseer of Israel's Palestinian plantations. Then, as a US citizen I'd no longer be complicit in the subjugation and eventual extermination of five million human beings.

Old 02-10-2020, 02:27 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,730,816 times
Quote:
A lot of whining.

Several questions:

None of the towns are illegal as they were built on land no one had deeds to. No deeds, the land belongs to Israel. If you think the land should go to the losers of a war, then why are you not proposing for it to go to Jordan as it was the last country it was part of of?

Quote:
When is Russia going to return the 1/3rd of Poland they took, annexed and made part of Ukraine and Belarus?

Quote:
Why don't you look at the USAID budget. Guaranteed Israel is not listed there. Israel gets it's funding at the same time as Egypt & Jordan as it's all part of a Treaty the US penned itself into. Israel really doesn't need it especially when 100% must be spent in the US on junk the US Military sector wants to send to Israel that Israel has to repair before using it. Israel is very good at repairing US junk as they still have a fleet of US Vietnam era CH-53 Sea Stallion helicopters (called Yasur) still in use.

Quote:
I'll wait.
Go for it.

Last edited by Pruzhany; 02-10-2020 at 03:35 PM..

Old 02-10-2020, 03:24 PM

57,227 posts, read 26,172,300 times
A few months back Trump didn't have issue with Israel's west bank settlements, Netanyahu read the so called peace proposal as an opportunity to invoke Israeli law over the settlements. The US ambassador now indicates not so fast.

Very disjointed policy breaking with prior administration, the US shouldn't be the arbiter of any peace proposal.

Quote:
JERUSALEM — A U.S. envoy warned Israel on Sunday not to declare sovereignty over West Bank land without Washington's consent, pushing back against calls for immediate action by ultra-nationalists within Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's coalition.
U.S. President Donald Trump's Middle East peace plan, unveiled on Jan 28, envisages Israel keeping key swathes of the occupied territory where Palestinians seek statehood. But the question of timing has opened up a rare rift between the allies.
Netanyahu initially pledged a speedy "application of Israeli law" - de facto annexation - to Jewish settlement blocs and the Jordan Valley, delighting his religious-rightist base ahead of Israel's March 2 election, where he hopes to win a fifth term.

https://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2020...nians-usa.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies