Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2019, 07:42 AM

73,019 posts, read 62,607,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaLisa2323 View Post
That's unfortunate because the Cheerios commercial was adorable.
I loved it. I was jealous because I was wishing I could be the father in that commercial. But the hate that commercial received pretty much told me that the top #1 time interracial mixing is loathed is when a Black male is part of it.

Old 03-01-2019, 07:46 AM

195 posts, read 130,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I loved it. I was jealous because I was wishing I could be the father in that commercial. But the hate that commercial received pretty much told me that the top #1 time interracial mixing is loathed is when a Black male is part of it.
I've seen a number of adverts featuring bm/ww that are very much celebrated.

Old 03-01-2019, 08:04 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,088,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
Humans still judge each other by skin color, facial features, sexual orientation, etc.

People that are mixed might feel disconnected since they would have to choose a "race". Also, they might inherit facial features that might appear odd.
In some parts of Africa, the Africans are so racist that they will cannibalize their fellow man if they have "white features" (are "albino" or whatever).

Racism/racists come in ALL colors - I've seen hate out of every color of man you can think of towards people that don't look like them. There was a gentleman named Ray Widstrand that was beaten to a vegetative state in my neighborhood because he was a white man. I could give you all sorts of other examples of inhumane behavior out of any number of people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
That does not mean that there were not other races in your ancestry, merely that the level of saturation has fallen since then. It also could be an error.

What were your mother's results, out of curiosity, or yours?

You just can't live with the fact that 23&Me "messed up", can you? You just can't believe there are people wholly of European descent?

My father was. I actually thought those "tests" were a scam to make people think that we're all "mixed" but the fact that my father's results came back 100% European made me actually believe they might not be a scam. Granted there were some "surprises" in his (we always believed my father to be entirely Scandinavian, and there was "Irish" in there - though I guess there is a lot of Viking blood in the Irish, so...), but, still...100% NORTHERN EUROPEAN.

As far as my mom, she never did hers, and I never did mine (yet).

Old 03-01-2019, 08:08 AM

62,959 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
ANYONE might inherit facial features that may appear odd to someone else. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

In 60+ years I have yet to see 'oddness' attributable to having parents of separate unique ethnic origins. Never.

Of course you wouldn't as one's looks has nothing to do with ethnic origins but race.

Old 03-01-2019, 08:50 AM

If there is any "agenda" in terms of race mixing, I do not care. As long as interracial marriages are legal, people who want to marry interracial will do so. Don't like it?Feel free to relocate to a country where interracial marriage is illegal. I can think of two countries where this takes place: North Korea and Saudi Arabia.

Old 03-01-2019, 09:08 AM

Quote:
If there is any "agenda" in terms of race mixing, I do not care. As long as interracial marriages are legal, people who want to marry interracial will do so. Don't like it?Feel free to relocate to a country where interracial marriage is illegal. I can think of two countries where this takes place: North Korea and Saudi Arabia.
Those are two of the most xenophobic countries on the planet - strangely they would never allow the UN to force "refugees" down their throats.

Maybe you and the left should start working on "diversifying" these racist and xenophobic countries, eh?

(I guess it's just the West that has to have this inorganic diversity forced into its fabric.)

Old 03-01-2019, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Those are two of the most xenophobic countries on the planet - strangely they would never allow the UN to force "refugees" down their throats.

Maybe you and the left should start working on "diversifying" these racist and xenophobic countries, eh?

(I guess it's just the West that has to have this inorganic diversity forced into its fabric.)
I would never want to go to those countries. Both are crazy dictatorships with some violent rulers. I like to live in places where democracy is there. Anyway, we weren't talking about refugees, which can be of any race. I notice no one complains about Ukrainian and former Yugoslavian refugees coming here (and they have been coming here). I was talking about race mixing. And by the way, I was born and raised in the West. I just happen to be Black. What do you really mean be "the West"?

Something else. Plenty of South Asians and Southeast Asians moving to the UAE, especially Dubai. It's not just the West getting diversity.

Old 03-01-2019, 09:27 AM

Quote:
I would never want to go to those countries. Both are crazy dictatorships with some violent rulers. I like to live in places where democracy is there. Anyway, we weren't talking about refugees, which can be of any race. I notice no one complains about Ukrainian and former Yugoslavian refugees coming here (and they have been coming here). I was talking about race mixing. And by the way, I was born and raised in the West. I just happen to be Black. What do you really mean be "the West"?

Something else. Plenty of South Asians and Southeast Asians moving to the UAE, especially Dubai. It's not just the West getting diversity.

Let me know when oil-rich Gulf States start taking in Syrian refugees.

Old 03-01-2019, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Let me know when oil-rich Gulf States start taking in Syrian refugees.
Here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Refuge...rian_Civil_War

Many refugees in Jordan, where there is plenty of oil. And Turkey has taken in the most refugees of any country.

Now stick to the topic. This is about race mixing and interracial marriage, not refugees. Want to talk about refugees, start your own thread.

Old 03-01-2019, 09:39 AM

I get it...you can't wait until America turns into Puerto Rico or Brazil.

Well...some of us don't think those are places that America should emulate.

Sue us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies