Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2019, 10:11 AM

10,105 posts, read 7,406,923 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Okay....you just accused me of not providing evidence and not being able to read minds....then you set me strait by making assertions without evidence and reading the mind of Jesse Lee Peterson for your evidence of him not bashing black people, but liberalism.

I get it. Don't do as you do....do as you say.
How did I read Patterson's mind?

It doesn't make sense to assert a black man bashes black people in a general sense.

He criticizes liberals. Not every liberal is black.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2019, 10:12 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,709,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemVegas View Post
How did I read Patterson's mind?

It doesn't make sense to assert a black man bashes black people for being black.

It does not have to make sense to be true. Truth is often stranger than fiction.

Old 03-06-2019, 10:12 AM

7,520 posts, read 2,810,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Condoleezza Rice isn't a race hustler. She is a Republican. However, she isn't a Republican to the tune of Jesse Lee Peterson. Peterson IS a race hustler. He will basically make remarks that show he is very critical of the Black population. And it seems like his audience likes this.

Being a Black Republican doesn't make someone a conservative race hustler. It is about mentality and the things a person says and does.
You didn't answer about the other ones I listed. Steele and Sowell are particularly vocal on racial and political issues.

Old 03-06-2019, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
It does not have to make sense to be true. Truth is often stranger than fiction.
The truth is you are a leftwinger who doesn't like black conservatives so you demonize them.

Old 03-06-2019, 10:14 AM

Quote:
The truth is you are a leftwinger who doesn't like black conservatives so you demonize them.

Did you just read my mind? How ironic.

Old 03-06-2019, 10:16 AM

That's not reading your mind. Based on what you said, you dont' like black conservatives.

You don't know most white conservatives so how could you make a inference on their beliefs about 'black leaders'. You have to talk to people to get an idea of what they believe. I am talking to you.

I think most white conservatives would not know who you mean when you say black leaders. I think Obama is about the only person who could be described as a black leader but he no longer has political power.

Old 03-06-2019, 10:16 AM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Tribalism is all over America. People generally look out for their own group first. This has been part of American society from the very beginning.
So you agree! And yes people general do look out for their own group/tribe but at the expense of truth and facts. Tribe first facts not so much.

Old 03-06-2019, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
You don't see how transparent any of this is, when you only present the opinion that black conservatives are essentially house negros, but black leftists are seemingly just the best, of the best, of the best minds of thought that humanity has to offer.

AOC is a perfect example of a useful loud mouth to the leftist agenda. She is a blithering idiot, and yet the left-leaning news media have made her a star in the Democratic Party, and she is making endless loops on the cable TV 24/7 news.

Like I said, you don't have to be special to be a darling on the left, you just need to be loud.

Its called the laws of supply and demand my friend. Its hard to rise to the top in a field with many competitors.....and easier to rise in a field with fewer competitors. Its just like a job opening. If their is a job opening and you are one of 1,000 people who applied....you are going to have something special to standout among the rest. If you are one of 10 people applying....you don't have to stand out as much.

Old 03-06-2019, 10:20 AM

Quote:
That's not reading your mind. Based on what you said, you dont' like black conservatives.

You don't know most white conservatives so how could you make a inference on their beliefs about 'black leaders'.

If I said it then you would have quoted it. You did not quote it because I never said it.....but I thought it and you read my mind supposedly.

Old 03-06-2019, 10:21 AM

Reading minds means you make assertions about what people believe without talking to them or even knowing their names or hearing them make some public statement or seeing them take a public action that supports your assertion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies