Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2019, 01:37 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,830,864 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Owens is a pundit, not a race hustler.

Jackson and Sharpton are race hustlers. They shakedown companies for millions of dollars on claims of unfair treatment based on race. The companies settle and pay them off instead of going to court. That's a race hustler. Numerous examples here.

Race hustlers are not those who go on TV and voice an opinion.

On your link the examples are all nearly or over 20 years old for Jesse Jackson.

I've met Jesse Jackson (more than once) and I don't find him impressive and think he is pretty a$$hole-ish.

But again, he doesn't put down his people in the media in order to appeal to white racists who will support him on TV/YouTube and give him money.

You all fail to realize that Candace Owens and Diamond and Silk and other black conservative media figures/caricatures make money off of their YouTube channels and speaking engagements (those interviews Diamond and Silk do on Fox TV - they are getting paid...) and they also invest in corporations to make money and that donate them money.

Again, you just don't want to admit it. I don't have a stake in this sort of racial game, but it is stupid IMO to not see that Candace Owens is the same thing as Jesse and Al. She is a 21st century, conservative Jesse IMO because she also seems rather a$$hole-ish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2019, 11:52 AM

6,061 posts, read 2,013,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
There have been 2 or 3 instances where Michael Steele has been publicly and privately attacked by members of the RNC and the GOP political sphere. his race randomly being mentioned each time.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/cpa...racial-comment

As for Holmes and Scott, I clearly said FOX News, not Trump himself.

In context, you cant have blinders on to understand this. Its a casual switching of the guard. The 2 people I mentioned are Republicans, but believe the GOP is wrong on racial issues. When ever something happens that sparks a conversation, they are replaced by black pundits who defend the GOP position on race, or blame black people in general for those problems that arise.

Black pundits or even non black pundits who say the GOP isnt doing its job on this issue get pushed off the stage(Rand Paul is a good example of someone who gets replaced as well)
OK, thanks for that link; I read it. It is thin proof for your contention, however. Did this former RNC guy have input in the decision to oust Michael Steele? If not, you have not made your case. It's like saying that the entire Democratic party is anti-Semitic based on the words of Ilhan Omar.

BTW, how do you explain that Steele got his job in the first place if "the GOP is wrong on racial issues?" There was a ton of problems on his watch, starting with the strip-club spending. Does the ouster of DWS prove that the DNC is anti-white?

You still didn't explain how Tim Scott, still a US senator, is being 'silenced.'

Old 03-13-2019, 12:02 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,013,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
On your link the examples are all nearly or over 20 years old for Jesse Jackson.

I've met Jesse Jackson (more than once) and I don't find him impressive and think he is pretty a$$hole-ish.

But again, he doesn't put down his people in the media in order to appeal to white racists who will support him on TV/YouTube and give him money.

You all fail to realize that Candace Owens and Diamond and Silk and other black conservative media figures/caricatures make money off of their YouTube channels and speaking engagements (those interviews Diamond and Silk do on Fox TV - they are getting paid...) and they also invest in corporations to make money and that donate them money.

Again, you just don't want to admit it. I don't have a stake in this sort of racial game, but it is stupid IMO to not see that Candace Owens is the same thing as Jesse and Al. She is a 21st century, conservative Jesse IMO because she also seems rather a$$hole-ish.
If making money is the criterion, what is your view about Bill & Hillary Clinton who piled up 9 figures from politics? Or people like George Stephanapoulos or Tim Russert who parlayed political work into 7 figure jobs?

The criterion should be their ideas and what they say and write, not what money they make. You still didn't respond to my question in #375 regarding your allegation re Michael Steele. Hit & run, is that your style?

Old 03-13-2019, 01:15 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 26 days ago)

29,568 posts, read 16,556,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
OK, thanks for that link; I read it. It is thin proof for your contention, however. Did this former RNC guy have input in the decision to oust Michael Steele? If not, you have not made your case. It's like saying that the entire Democratic party is anti-Semitic based on the words of Ilhan Omar.
As I said before, this isnt the only instance and Michael Steele himself has gone on record discussing the situation.

I get that you dont want to blame the entire GOP, cool, but its a problem that the former GOP chairman himself is talking about. I mean, he was at one point the highest authority on the party. If his word doesnt matter to you, then it doesnt really matter how many people I post links to that have done the same.

Quote:
BTW, how do you explain that Steele got his job in the first place if "the GOP is wrong on racial issues?"
Its called tokenism, Again, Michael Steele himself talks about it, its the very thing Mr.Walters got all this media attention for, and even Tim Scott talked about it.

Quote:
There was a ton of problems on his watch, starting with the strip-club spending. Does the ouster of DWS prove that the DNC is anti-white?

DWS resigned because of the perception of supporting Clinton over Sanders. And while you may honestly believe Michael Steele was fired over strip club spending, I dont.

Just to clarify, Michael Steele wasnt ousted as RNC chairman until 9 months after your argument about strip clubs had been in the news.

I literally cant find a single update to that story after April 29, 2010. Steele left the RNC on Jan 14, 2011.

For further reason why that argument is BS, this isnt the first time the GOP has had money spent at a strip club, some of the resorts they rent out for retreats have stripclubs and they dont close when the GOP is there.

Im pretty sure some place you looked used that to argue it was the reason he was removed as GOP chair, but no, it wasnt.

Quote:
You still didn't explain how Tim Scott, still a US senator, is being 'silenced.'
I did. Media coverage matters. Not showing Tim Scott and in return having on random black conservatives who think black people should "dress better" and "not look like thugs" is silencing him.

If you dont like the word "silence", then simply look at it as him losing access to the broader conservative audience via Fox News.

https://www.mcclatchydc.com/latest-n...224640550.html

Quote:
Sen. Tim Scott is being lauded for helping spur fellow Republicans to take action against one of their own, Rep. Steve King, for comments sympathetic to white supremacists
https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...al-thomas-farr

Quote:
Sen. Scott’s decision is somewhat of a departure from the rest of the GOP, which has embraced curbs on voting rights to shore up their electoral position in states like Michigan and Wisconsin. While termed as an effort to better adequately reflect the priorities of rural voters by some on the right, my colleague Zack Beauchamp has written that “the spread of extreme partisan gerrymandering and voter ID laws, tools used by Republicans to marginalize minorities and other Democratic-leaning constituencies” is evidence that the GOP “is engaged in a systematic and nationally coordinated effort to rewrite the rules of the political game in their favor.”

https://www.npr.org/2016/07/14/48599...lice-in-a-year

Quote:
Scott revealed that he has been stopped seven times in the course of one year as an elected official. "Was I speeding sometimes? Sure. But the vast majority of the time I was pulled over for driving a new car in the wrong neighborhood or something else just as trivial."
you really want to understand the context of my post and the reasoning behind it , Find these articles on FOX.

Old 03-13-2019, 01:55 PM

Quote:
If making money is the criterion, what is your view about Bill & Hillary Clinton who piled up 9 figures from politics? Or people like George Stephanapoulos or Tim Russert who parlayed political work into 7 figure jobs?

The criterion should be their ideas and what they say and write, not what money they make. You still didn't respond to my question in #375 regarding your allegation re Michael Steele. Hit & run, is that your style?

None of them speak primarily on issues related to race. Neither are they black. Thread is about black conservative race hustlers or black race hustlers in general.

I didn't see your post (I have a life outside of forum posting lol - but will go back and look at it now since I have free time).

Old 03-13-2019, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Steele was pushed out as RNC chair due to money mismanagement. Recall the story about RNC spending at a bondage-themed strip club?
https://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/pol...e24578320.html

What is the evidence that speaking "seriously about racism" had anything to do with it? I would like to be proven wrong, but I doubt you can do it. I asked OP for evidence re post #1 in post 361. I never got it. I doubt I'll get it in this case either.

I am not trying to prove anything to you. I mentioned specifically that the GOP would try to "kick out" or "disparage" someone who is black in their party who speaks out about racism within that party.

They did do this to Michael Steele. My comment has nothing to do with his management of the RNC only that he has spoken out about racism within the Republican party and how they want to act like racism doesn't exist. People in the RNC have admitted that they put him as head of the RNC only because he was black. RNC and Republicans have also spoken negatively about him (disparaged him) because of his comments about race specifically.

Which means, they did/do the same thing you claim liberals do. Put a person of color in a position of power to not come off as racist or to engage in some sort of "my black is better than your black" competition.

It is silly to me. I noted I am not invested in a political ideology and I especially think that liberals and conservatives and their respective parties (and I'd also include libertarians) all can be racist and have racist and prejudice in their midst.

People who adhere to these ideologies and parties just don't want to admit it. And IMO the GOP and especially lay conservatives - LOVE to try to highlight some black person who thinks what they think. They will put them on a pedestal. There was a thread recently created here with a black man in a MAGA hat and the OP claimed he was "exceptional" because he got off foodstamps and voted for Trump lol. You all don't see how prejudiced that looks but it is hilariously kind of racist to me.

You can look up the issues with Michael Steele and his comments in regards to race and racism in the GOP. They are easily available on the internet. I'm not one of these internet people who care to prove anything to you or anyone else. My ideas are my own and I don't try to change minds. Just having an interesting discussion.

Old 03-17-2019, 02:59 PM

73,032 posts, read 62,646,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
I am not trying to prove anything to you. I mentioned specifically that the GOP would try to "kick out" or "disparage" someone who is black in their party who speaks out about racism within that party.
It is odd to hear about some Black people talking about "I've left the plantation" when they start voting Republican or switch to the Republican Party. It ends up being the same thing. Just going from one "plantation" to another "plantation". When I've spoken about conservatives that I've met in my life who were racist towards me, I get told that I'm "playing the race card".

The rule is the same. If you don't tell them what they want to hear, you go from a useful idiot to a useless idiot. And I only use the term "idiot" because there are people who say Blacks are considered "useful idiots" to the Democrats.

Quote:
They did do this to Michael Steele. My comment has nothing to do with his management of the RNC only that he has spoken out about racism within the Republican party and how they want to act like racism doesn't exist. People in the RNC have admitted that they put him as head of the RNC only because he was black. RNC and Republicans have also spoken negatively about him (disparaged him) because of his comments about race specifically.
It goes back to the "useful idiot" thing. Michael Steele wanted to be part of the GOP. He also wanted to get rid of the racist elements within it. He felt like he had some things in common with the GOP, but wasn't happy with some of the bigots in it. He called it out. The thing is, he was put in the GOP as a "useful idiot". He was there so when claims of racism surfacce, they could put him up front to dismiss such claims. He refused to do that. And some of the things he dealt with as a Black man being part of the GOP proves that it isn't just some Black people or liberals who disparage Black conservatives. There were fellow GOP members who disparaged him. Of course some people just want me and you to "shut up".

Quote:
Which means, they did/do the same thing you claim liberals do. Put a person of color in a position of power to not come off as racist or to engage in some sort of "my black is better than your black" competition.
And this shows that the GOP is as hypocritical as the Democratic Party. GOP accuses the Democrats of hypocrisy. And yet, there are examples of the GOP doing the same thing. I often wonder "how do you get away with saying 'our Blacks are better than your Blacks' on television". And then I understand this is FOX News. Said persons are saying things that their audience wants to hear.

Quote:
It is silly to me. I noted I am not invested in a political ideology and I especially think that liberals and conservatives and their respective parties (and I'd also include libertarians) all can be racist and have racist and prejudice in their midst.
At this point, I don't think either party is that great. But what is bothersome are people who are dishonest about their intentions. I would prefer that said persons come right out and say "I'm in it for my political party, not your best interests". I've been approached by some individuals who in trying to get me to become Republican, they can't tell me one benefit I get from it. They can only tell me "the country is going down the toilet". They can only tell me "the Democrats are no good". This is in public. On the city-data forums, I get people telling me that "I play the race card" or "the liberals are the real racists. Other things I get include "you're on a plantation". I'm never told how it would benefit ME in the end.

Quote:
People who adhere to these ideologies and parties just don't want to admit it. And IMO the GOP and especially lay conservatives - LOVE to try to highlight some black person who thinks what they think. They will put them on a pedestal. There was a thread recently created here with a black man in a MAGA hat and the OP claimed he was "exceptional" because he got off foodstamps and voted for Trump lol. You all don't see how prejudiced that looks but it is hilariously kind of racist to me.
And some persons admit to adhering to ideologies, and criticize those for not being a part of that ideology. It is about loyalty to ideology. It isn't about how someone like me could benefit from it.

I know the thread you're talking about. I've had facebook for a very long time. One of the things I've seen lately are some ultra-conservative persons that I grew up with becoming "Trump uber alles", as if they worship the guy. It's disgusting. And some of those persons will put up that photo of a Black guy in a MAGA hat or put some photo of a few Black guy in MAGA hats. Those photos are what I call anomalies. Most Black people I see aren't wearing MAGA hats. In fact, I've never seen a Black guy in a MAGA hat in real life. Never. I live in a Republican state. The county I live in voted for Trump to a tune of 68%. Blacks are 15% of the county's population. No MAGA hats among the Black population.

Quote:
You can look up the issues with Michael Steele and his comments in regards to race and racism in the GOP. They are easily available on the internet. I'm not one of these internet people who care to prove anything to you or anyone else. My ideas are my own and I don't try to change minds. Just having an interesting discussion.
I've always been one to try and prove my point. I figured if proof is provided, then said persons cannot plead ignorance. At the end of the day, alot of people are going to believe what they want to believe.

Old 03-17-2019, 03:44 PM

39,875 posts, read 26,526,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
It is interesting that she has the viewpoints she states considering being raised in a liberal area as a black women. Well maybe she has enough intelligence to realize the errors of the Far Left.

For sure, a young black woman espousing conservative views is going to stand out and she does so good for her.
It takes more than just intelligence for a young, black woman to stand up against the errors of the far-left. She is liable to be subject to insults and ridicule and accused of being a "conservative race hustler" for actually having an independent thought in her head. As you can see on this thread, there are some low IQ black people that will attack rather viciously, any black person that dares to get ahead through their own efforts and intellect. And even morso to attack any black person that addresses the results of liberal policies that harm the portion of blacks that embrace a "liberal culture" (as it does any race).

Thankfully-the low IQ blacks that attack someone like this are a small portion of black Americans and are looking for someone to blame for their personal failings. Most American blacks are instead hard working, intelligent and successful.

Old 03-17-2019, 03:52 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 26 days ago)

29,568 posts, read 16,556,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
It takes more than just intelligence for a young, black woman to stand up against the errors of the far-left. She is liable to be subject to insults and ridicule and accused of being a "conservative race hustler" for actually having an independent thought in her head. As you can see on this thread, there are some low IQ black people that will attack rather viciously, any black person that dares to get ahead through their own efforts and intellect. And even morso to attack any black person that addresses the results of liberal policies that harm the portion of blacks that embrace a "liberal culture" (as it does any race).

Thankfully-the low IQ blacks that attack someone like this are a small portion of black Americans and are looking for someone to blame for their personal failings. Most American blacks are instead hard working, intelligent and successful.
What does disliking Candace Owens have to do with "personal failings" ????

Your argument is basically that no one can disagree with someone else truthfully. They must disagree only because they want to be like them.

Old 03-19-2019, 01:54 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,858,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
I quick and easy way to gain promotion and notoriety, as well as an income stream, as a black person is to come out against mainstream black thought....and the "white right" will make a way for you....and make a stage for you.

If you promote the system (of WS)....the system will promote you. Case in point CPAC:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=iFjQQjSQQrA

The competition to have your voice and opinion put on a platform, as a black liberal, is tough. You have to have something really special to rise as a liberal mainstream black voice. However, you need little or nothing to rise as a black conservative voice. They are hustling white conservatives by speaking against mainstream black thought.....and white conservatives reward them for it. If not for their thoughts against the black mainstream.....white conservatives would find little value or worth in these people.....and these people would get little attention.

oh look another thread insulting minorities for not toeing the liberal/progressive view point. did it ever occur to you that perhaps these people are actually thinking, and not just spouting the pablum they have been forced to listen to?

the left keeps saying minorities are not a consolidated block of voters, and then complain when said minorities espouse a different point of view. so which is it. are they a monolithic block of voters that are supposed to vote for liberals/progressives/democrats or not?

are they not allowed to have their own view points? or are you liberals/progressives/democrats trying to force them all to vote the way you tell them to vote?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies