Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2019, 07:54 AM

2,662 posts, read 1,380,584 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
It's not as simple as Democratic or Republican.

Georgia is a Republican state. It's a weird state. It has one of the highest crime rates in the USA. However, it has Atlanta. It has alot of Fortune 500 companies there and one of the best engineering universities in the USA, Georgia Tech. Then take Alabama next door. It's also a red state. It's largest city, Birmingham, has more in common with Buffalo than Atlanta or Charlotte. Alabama is one of the poorest states in the USA, and one of the most crime ridden, more so than Georgia is. Alabama is home to Huntsville, which has a major NASA research center. On the flip side, it has crime-ridden Birmingham, which shares some similarities to the rust belt.

And then the flip side. California is a liberal state. It is a state of vast contrasts. It has alot of innovation coming from Silicon Valley. On the flipside, alot of homelessness in Los Angeles. Los Angeles itself is home to many aerospace companies. Then take fellow liberal state Minnesota. One of the best states for education and quality of life. One reason it doesn't attract MORE people is because alot of people refuse to put up with Minnesota winters. Oddly, those Minnesota winters inspired some innovation. The very first indoor climate controlled shopping mall was invented in Edina, Minnesota.

It's not as simple as D vs R. It's more localized.
Yes, but when you look at it from a statewide perspective there is a clear trend of the vast majority of the more prosperous and innovative states being blue states and the poorer less innovative ones being red states. That is not a coincidence. At the statewide level it really is that simple.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2019, 07:57 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman249 View Post
Majority of the big cities are liberal and vote blue!
I am coming up blank to find a Big City that is not a Progressive Fascist Plantation.

Old 03-17-2019, 08:10 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,308,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
because the liberal Democrats are so fixated on President Trump that they have just let the infrastructure collapse.

Thread fail in the opening sentence. Well done. This is a perfect example of the TRUE TDS.

Infrastructure has been failing for the last 50+ years. How can you blame that people reacting to the bad decisions of Trump? Sure, a lot of people want to Make America Great Again, and to do so, we have to get Trump out of office. But infrastructure cannot be blamed on him, nor his detractors. Now, we can blame Trump for failing to address the problem (like all of the recent POTUS's from Dem and Reps in the last 40-50 years)

I stopped reading after the first sentence. Once I see a snowflake playing the fake victim card, I pretty much know the rest of the writing is also going to be a bunch of projecting and fake blame. The only people that have any syndrome related to Trump are the whack-jobs who are still supporting him.

... and most infrastructure spending comes from the state and federal levels. If the big cities didn't have to bail out all the rural Trump-voting districts, they'd probably have nicer schools, roads and bridges.... Just saying.

Old 03-17-2019, 08:14 AM

57,311 posts, read 26,236,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I am coming up blank to find a Big City that is not a Progressive Fascist Plantation.
Why do you worry so much about large cities, they are doing quite well.

Old 03-17-2019, 08:40 AM

4,445 posts, read 1,451,436 times
Let the lights go out in the big cities for a few days and you'll find out just how wonderful and progressive and diverse the denizens can be. You might be rethinking those strict gun laws when the people used to having things provided for them come away empty. They are going to be coming for yours. Enjoy your center of culture and civic goodwill.

Old 03-17-2019, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncguy50 View Post
Let the lights go out in the big cities for a few days and you'll find out just how wonderful and progressive and diverse the denizens can be. You might be rethinking those strict gun laws when the people used to having things provided for them come away empty. They are going to be coming for yours. Enjoy your center of culture and civic goodwill.
Some of you folks seem to believe that folks in the larger cities don't work hard even though our cities are where the vast majority of our nation's economic output and innovation emanates from.
It us legal to own guns in cities and quite a few folks do. And most liberals arent opposed to all forms of gun ownership. And in the cities LE usnt 20-30 minutes or more away and has more than a couple of officers on duty (not always the case in rural areas...on some shifts an entire 450 square mile county where I lived would be covered by two deputies)
And I like in a very rural region for over twenty years...and...trust me...there us NO shortage of people living off if the system and doing no work there. Znd sone...not most, but some....of thise people are pretty scary.
One guy knocked out phone service to an entire area by cutting a phone cable before committing a burglary.
I would not want to be living in an isolated rural homestead when the lights go put there.

And, yes. I know, a lot of guys who live out there like to talk as though they are Rambo and can take out any bad guy or assemblage of bad guys with their gun.
Doesn't always work out that way. Often the bad guys win. Guns can be nevessary...but i also wouldnt want to do without my close at hand LE presence here in the city.

Old 03-17-2019, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
And yet our cities are more prosperous and innovative than most of our rural, conservative areas. And most of have no clue we are living on fascist plantations...we are just going about enjoying our lives.

Old 03-17-2019, 10:15 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,213,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertbrianbush View Post
And yet our cities are more prosperous and innovative than most of our rural, conservative areas. And most of have no clue we are living on fascist plantations...we are just going about enjoying our lives.
And our Rural Conservative areas grow a whole lot more food and animals you like to eat in the big city.

Without them, you'd be a whole lot hungrier and the cotton you wear would not existent.

Old 03-17-2019, 10:31 AM

4,445 posts, read 1,451,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertbrianbush View Post
Some of you folks seem to believe that folks in the larger cities don't work hard even though our cities are where the vast majority of our nation's economic output and innovation emanates from.
It us legal to own guns in cities and quite a few folks do. And most liberals arent opposed to all forms of gun ownership. And in the cities LE usnt 20-30 minutes or more away and has more than a couple of officers on duty (not always the case in rural areas...on some shifts an entire 450 square mile county where I lived would be covered by two deputies)
And I like in a very rural region for over twenty years...and...trust me...there us NO shortage of people living off if the system and doing no work there. Znd sone...not most, but some....of thise people are pretty scary.
One guy knocked out phone service to an entire area by cutting a phone cable before committing a burglary.
I would not want to be living in an isolated rural homestead when the lights go put there.

And, yes. I know, a lot of guys who live out there like to talk as though they are Rambo and can take out any bad guy or assemblage of bad guys with their gun.
Doesn't always work out that way. Often the bad guys win. Guns can be nevessary...but i also wouldnt want to do without my close at hand LE presence here in the city.
LOL. Well, maybe your rural area had only two deputies because that's all they needed.

And I agree it doesn't always work out for the good guys with a gun, but it works out enough to give people pause before they decide to rob you or worse.

Old 03-17-2019, 10:34 AM

34,065 posts, read 17,096,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
The democrats have run these places for 50 years.....what did you think was going to happen? LOL

Too many takers - not enough producers -- too much corruption -- too much bureaucracy. Too many welfare collectors -- too many baby daddies who don't work. Too many teen age mothers who have the skills to flip burgers and not much else. It's not rocket science.

I am approached daily in NYC by able bodied bums seeking a handout. While within 2 blocks, stores have help wanted signs out.

Long ago, we ALL called them what they TRULY are - BUMS.

https://www.bing.com/images/search?v...vt=0&eim=1,2,6
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies