Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2019, 07:31 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,435,673 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
Fine...it's going to be a while..so prop you feet up

Barr said he will release as much as he can without breaking the law

..and all the subpoenas in the world can not make Barr or Mueller break the law
Yea. He s got his own opinion on the law. Its called Trump.

Old 03-26-2019, 07:37 PM

57,233 posts, read 26,182,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye77 View Post
Because, by law, large parts of it can not be released. Why is that so difficult for you to understand??

Face it, you are grasping for straws.
I’m guessing that after 2 years of investigation there is a considerable amount of information that can be released other than a 4 page interpretation from Trumps Ag. Keep smacking your head it might help you understand.

Old 03-26-2019, 07:38 PM

19,835 posts, read 12,092,300 times
Ignorance on proud display. ^

Old 03-26-2019, 07:40 PM

2,070 posts, read 890,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krichton View Post
Great, so the AG that Trump appointed because he auditioned for it based purely on his pronouncement that the Mueller report was illegal, now the president has full legal authority to fire Mueller for investigating him. No conflict of interest there at all.

A little something something I recently stumbled upon -- dated just before the AG's confirmation;

... the Barr family is intent on gaining the nation’s trust. In order to avoid any thorny work situations, Barr’s son-in-law, Tyler McGaughey, will be leaving his job in the Justice Department . . . for a new gig that will seemingly provide even more opportunities for conflicts of interest, this time of the Russian variety!

CNN reports that McGaughey, the husband of Barr’s youngest daughter, has been hired as an attorney in the White House counsel’s office, where he’ll “advise the president, the executive office, and White House staff on legal issues concerning the president and the presidency.” While the division is separate from the legal team that defends Trump in the Russia investigation—a group of leading lights that includes Rudymaybe there was collusionGiuliani—its work nevertheless does “intersect with the investigation.” (Trump reportedly blamed former White House counsel Don McGahn for failing to bring the probe to a close.) Meanwhile, Mary Daly, Barr’s oldest daughter, will be leaving her current job in the deputy attorney general’s office for a gig at the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN), which has had its own Russian intrigues.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019...aw-white-house

It sounds like a family affair.

Old 03-26-2019, 07:40 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,419,137 times
Quote:
...and if Mueller had found anything actionable...he would have charged Trump with a crime

Mueller didn't....

You'll see the report, as much as Barr and Mueller can release without breaking the law...

..but all the hissy fits and subpoenas in the world can not make them break the law......
Again the criminality bar is higher for a president who can't be indicted. That doesn't mean he didn't participate in any wrongdoing. Supporters can stop peddling their rhetoric that the president is an honest and moral guy. He has been a scam artist for decades. If you think he stopped because he is in the WH, GOOD FOR YOU. Other Americans are correct to question the Individual 1 appointee's assessment of crimes and wrongdoing after he wrote a memo against presidential obstruction before he was AG. We ain't buying it until we see the report.

Old 03-26-2019, 07:42 PM

18,431 posts, read 8,264,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
Yea. He s got his own opinion on the law. Its called Trump.
You mean like the FBI, IRS, Loretta Lynch, etc

It's going to be a long time before Barr releases the parts of Mueller's report that he can..
...and then even longer before all those cases work their way through the courts

I'm sure no liberal would want to jeopardize any of those cases,,,, now would you?

Old 03-26-2019, 07:43 PM

25,436 posts, read 9,796,800 times
Quote:
...and if Mueller had found anything actionable...he would have charged Trump with a crime

Mueller didn't....

You'll see the report, as much as Barr and Mueller can release without breaking the law...

..but all the hissy fits and subpoenas in the world can not make them break the law......
From what I understand a sitting president can't be indicted. But I would like to see the report. And I would think Trump would want the world to see his exoneration in print.

Old 03-26-2019, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post
Again the bar is higher for a president. That doesn't mean he didn't participate in any wrongdoing. Supporters can stop peddling their rhetoric that the president is an honest and moral guy. We ain't buying it.
I never said that....LOL...I think he's a hoot and a half...

Old 03-26-2019, 07:45 PM

25,436 posts, read 9,796,800 times
Quote:
Fine...it's going to be a while..so prop you feet up

Barr said he will release as much as he can without breaking the law

..and all the subpoenas in the world can not make Barr or Mueller break the law
Since we paid for it, I hope we get to see it.

Old 03-26-2019, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
From what I understand a sitting president can't be indicted. But I would like to see the report. And I would think Trump would want the world to see his exoneration in print.
...I think you guys have some kind of brain disconnect..

Trump's lawyers have not even had time to go thought it all yet.

You realize there are cases ongoing, right now, against the very people you want to see caught, right?
..and if you saw the report now, unedited, all those cases could be thrown out?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies