Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2019, 04:52 PM

13,693 posts, read 9,014,113 times

Advertisements

I have no problem with redaction of the Mueller report for public consumption. I assume that the 'gang of eight' will receive a full report with no redactions.

Old 03-29-2019, 06:00 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,378,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
“I hear gossip,” Hersh tells NPR on Monday. “[Butowsky] took two and two and made 45 out of it.
Butowsky released an audiotape.What Butowsky said about is irrelevant. Hersh's words tell the story.

Old 03-29-2019, 06:10 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,273,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I have no problem with redaction of the Mueller report for public consumption. I assume that the 'gang of eight' will receive a full report with no redactions.
Barr sends his letters and will give his report to the Chairmen of House and Senate Judiciary Committees. Nadler and Graham

I actually read these letters and reports. That is who they are addressed to.

Old 03-29-2019, 06:12 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,012,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
The Mueller Investigation paid for itself.

At a reported cost of $25 million, Mueller probe has paid for itself
Paul Manafort effectively has paid for the Russia investigation.

https://thinkprogress.org/at-a-repor...-76fdcee15c9b/

There is more to come for Trump with investigations coming from the House and the SDNY. People should sit back, relax and enjoy the ride.
But this assumes the property seized from Manafort will be disposed of for full value, 100 cents on the dollar, not pennies on the dollar to insider cronies, or locked away in storage and forgotten (at ongoing expense to taxpayers).

It also assumes that whatever loot is collected by government will be wisely and prudently spent to defray investigation costs. Neither of these assumptions are likely to be good. More likely the millions spent on the investigation is money down the drain.

Old 03-29-2019, 06:14 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,012,645 times
https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...tigation-cost/

Quote:
On social media, complaints about Mueller’s spending are sometimes met with a retort that the investigation paid for itself.
We... found there isn’t a direct link...[P]roceeds from forfeited assets would not directly pay the bills of the investigation. The money goes toward the Justice Department’s Assets Forfeiture Fund. The attorney general can use that fund to pay for "any necessary expenses associated with forfeiture operations such as property seizure, detention, management, forfeiture, and disposal."

Old 03-29-2019, 06:48 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,273,672 times
According to the letter, "(1) material subject to Federal Rule of Criminal Procedure 6 (e) that by law cannot be made public; (2) material the intelligence community identifies as potentially compromising sensitive sources and methods; (3) material that could affect other ongoing matters, including those that the Special Counsel has referred to other Department offices; and (4) information that would unduly infringe on the personal privacy and reputational interests of peripheral third parties" will not be released.

AG Barr said the report that he and Mueller are working on to make sure redactions are done properly will be ready by Mid April (14 or 15th)

Nadler has responded to AG Barr's letter of today - Washington Post

4:05 p.m.

House Judiciary Committee Chairman Jerrold Nadler says an April 2 deadline still stands after Attorney General William Barr said he would deliver a redacted version of special counsel Robert Mueller’s Russia report by mid-April if not sooner.

Nadler also says Democrats want to see the full report, not a redacted version.

Barr said in his letter that he would be available to talk to the House panel on May 2 and the Senate a day earlier. Nadler says he will take that date “under advisement,” but would like Barr to come sooner.

I can't help but notice how the Washington Post 'softened' the Nadler Buffoonery.

From the Hill -- Nadler also welcomed Barr’s willingness to testify to Congress on May 2 and said he would take that date under consideration; however, he underscored that House Democrats view it as “critical” that the attorney general appear before the committee “immediately” to explain his four-page letter from Sunday outlining Mueller’s core findings.

"As I informed the Attorney General earlier this week, Congress requires the full and complete Mueller report, without redactions, as well as access to the underlying evidence, by April 2,” Nadler said in a statement Friday afternoon. “That deadline still stands.”

What a Buffoon Nadler is ... Does he think that the US Attorney General and Special Counsel take orders from Him?? "Hard deadline and don't you dare miss it -- OR ELSE !! - StompyFoot-StompyFoot-StompyFoot!!!

Jerry Nadler has made it clear that he has no concept of what "Federal Rule of Criminal Procedure" is and doesn't even understand the Federal Laws that the US Congress has passed. Grand Jury testimony and evidence can't be revealed at all UNLESS there is an indictment (and Mueller still redacted a lot of it).

National Security issues can't be revealed and also must be redacted .... if Nadler can't understand that, they he has no place on the House Judiciary Committee -- much less the Chair of that Committee.

What in the world are the Democrats thinking???? They make it clear they don't even know what US Law is and what Due Process is ...... More than that -- they don't care. They are acting like 4 year old brats.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 03-30-2019 at 10:34 AM.. Reason: deleted quoted post

Old 03-29-2019, 07:24 PM

57,317 posts, read 26,228,587 times
So why did he even write the memo last week, is he going to be coming up with a 3rd memo. He also added some very weird items to the redactions beyond grand jury testimony and ongoing investigations.

So why is there a need for the AG to summarize Mueller's report, it stands on its on merits. We don't need some half baked response from Trumps appointed AG.

Barr part 2;
Quote:
"I am aware of some media reports and other public statements mischaracterizing my March 24, 2019 supplemental notification as a 'four-page summary of the Special Counsel's review.' My March 24 letter was not, and did not purport to be, an exhaustive recounting of the Special Counsel's investigation or report," Barr said. "As my letter made clear, my notification to Congress and the public provided, pending release of the report, a summary of its 'principal conclusions' -- that is, its bottom line. The Special Counsel's report is nearly 400 pages long (exclusive of tables and appendices) and sets forth the Special Counsel's findings, his analysis, and the reasons for his conclusions. Everyone will soon be able to read it on their own. I do not believe it would be in the public's interest for me to attempt to summarize the full report or to release it in serial or piecemeal fashion."

Old 03-29-2019, 07:34 PM

57,317 posts, read 26,228,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
According to the letter, "(1) material subject to Federal Rule of Criminal Procedure 6 (e) that by law cannot be made public; (2) material the intelligence community identifies as potentially compromising sensitive sources and methods; (3) material that could affect other ongoing matters, including those that the Special Counsel has referred to other Department offices; and (4) information that would unduly infringe on the personal privacy and reputational interests of peripheral third parties" will not be released.

AG Barr said the report that he and Mueller are working on to make sure redactions are done properly will be ready by Mid April (14 or 15th)

Nadler has responded to AG Barr's letter of today - Washington Post

4:05 p.m.

House Judiciary Committee Chairman Jerrold Nadler says an April 2 deadline still stands after Attorney General William Barr said he would deliver a redacted version of special counsel Robert Mueller’s Russia report by mid-April if not sooner.

Nadler also says Democrats want to see the full report, not a redacted version.

Barr said in his letter that he would be available to talk to the House panel on May 2 and the Senate a day earlier. Nadler says he will take that date “under advisement,” but would like Barr to come sooner.

I can't help but notice how the Washington Post 'softened' the Nadler Buffoonery.

From the Hill -- Nadler also welcomed Barr’s willingness to testify to Congress on May 2 and said he would take that date under consideration; however, he underscored that House Democrats view it as “critical” that the attorney general appear before the committee “immediately” to explain his four-page letter from Sunday outlining Mueller’s core findings.

"As I informed the Attorney General earlier this week, Congress requires the full and complete Mueller report, without redactions, as well as access to the underlying evidence, by April 2,” Nadler said in a statement Friday afternoon. “That deadline still stands.”

What a Buffoon Nadler is ... Does he think that the US Attorney General and Special Counsel take orders from Him?? "Hard deadline and don't you dare miss it -- OR ELSE !! - StompyFoot-StompyFoot-StompyFoot!!!

Jerry Nadler has made it clear that he has no concept of what "Federal Rule of Criminal Procedure" is and doesn't even understand the Federal Laws that the US Congress has passed. Grand Jury testimony and evidence can't be revealed at all UNLESS there is an indictment (and Mueller still redacted a lot of it).

National Security issues can't be revealed and also must be redacted .... if Nadler can't understand that, they he has no place on the House Judiciary Committee -- much less the Chair of that Committee.

What in the world are the Democrats thinking???? They make it clear they don't even know what US Law is and what Due Process is ...... More than that -- they don't care. They are acting like 4 year old brats.
Barr wrote the summary memo, not Barr. So what was the point of last weeks memo, to get it out there for Trump's Michigan rally. I haven't heard that Muller is working with Barr, why didn't Barr ask Mueller to write the memo.

Old 03-29-2019, 07:38 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,274,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Barr wrote the summary memo, not Barr. So what was the point of last weeks memo. I haven't heard that Muller is working with Barr, why didn't Barr ask Mueller to write the memo.

Mueller reports to Barr only......that's the reason Mueller didn't take his report to Congress or CNN or MSNBC first.....last week was a summary and conclusion. No collusion, no conspiracy, no impeachment recommendation and no more indictments. What part of that you can't comprehend?

Old 03-29-2019, 07:44 PM

51,654 posts, read 25,836,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
So why did he even write the memo last week, is he going to be coming up with a 3rd memo. He also added some very weird items to the redactions beyond grand jury testimony and ongoing investigations.

Just heard that Barr has sent a third memo. Things seem to be in a bit of a scramble.

Nadler told him to quit fooling around and send over the full, unreacted report, pronto.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies