Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2019, 08:39 AM

8,224 posts, read 3,502,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Maybe because we don't feel like getting shot and killed by some psycho, you maybe think that has something to do with it?
I don't feel like getting shot and killed by a psycho either. I'll be damned if I'll ever endorse wholesale eradication of the means of defense to appease feelz.

I think I have a much better chance at defending myself, other innocents around me, armed, than I do unarmed and solely reliant on law enforcement to respond within minutes while precious seconds matter...

Difference other than thinking and feeling...

I'm not naive to be solely reliant on .gov for a personal responsibility which is safety and security. Unlike you, I have the will and ability to defend myself and others. Do not conflate that with a blood lust or desire to engage in wanton violence. That just means I won't go begging for my life on my knees or stand by and watch others fall victim wishing police would hurry up and get there.

Nobody deserves to be a victim. Nobody. And your approach creates victims by discouraging the constitutional right to keep and bear arms to use up to and including lethal force if necessary to thwart the threat.

Are you really that scared of an insignificant threat?
Better not drive on our roads... your risk of dying at the hands of another are significantly higher on our roads than by a homicidal scumbag...

Oh wait a minute... you're the truck driver who claimed was federally regulated to not be able to possess a firearm which I proved a year ago to be false, aren't you...
Where's your irrational fear over dying in a pile up?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2019, 08:43 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,500,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
https://twitter.com/BernieSanders

quote: This is what real action to stop gun violence looks like. We must follow New Zealand's lead, take on the NRA and ban the sale and distribution of assault weapons in the United States
1. we have a 2nd amendment, they don't

2. NO-ONE has clearly defined just what an assault weapon is

3. Banning/outlawing doesn't work......killing is already against the law, still happens..... cocaine and heroin are against the law/banned also, yet there is a growing heroin epidemic

Old 03-22-2019, 08:43 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,623,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
I don't feel like getting shot and killed by a psycho either. I'll be damned if I'll ever endorse wholesale eradication of the means of defense to appease feelz.

I think I have a much better chance at defending myself, other innocents around me, armed, than I do unarmed and solely reliant on law enforcement to respond within minutes while precious seconds matter...

Difference other than thinking and feeling...

I'm not naive to be solely reliant on .gov for a personal responsibility which is safety and security. Unlike you, I have the will and ability to defend myself and others. Do not conflate that with a blood lust or desire to engage in wanton violence. That just means I won't go begging for my life on my knees or stand by and watch others fall victim wishing police would hurry up and get there.

Nobody deserves to be a victim. Nobody. And your approach creates victims by discouraging the constitutional right to keep and bear arms to use up to and including lethal force if necessary to thwart the threat.

Are you really that scared of an insignificant threat?
Better not drive on our roads... your risk of dying at the hands of another are significantly higher on our roads than by a homicidal scumbag...

Oh wait a minute... you're the truck driver who claimed was federally regulated to not be able to possess a firearm which I proved a year ago to be false, aren't you...
Where's your irrational fear over dying in a pile up?
I'm not afraid of dying in a vehicle crash, because the intended purpose of motor vehicles is transportation, not putting bullet holes in people. You are comparing apples and oranges to build a strawman against me

Old 03-22-2019, 08:44 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,500,230 times
Quote:
Maybe because we don't feel like getting shot and killed by some psycho, you maybe think that has something to do with it?

so why do liberals REFUSE to address the mental health issues...and attach mental health backgrounds to background checks????

is it because 99.99% of liberals are mental

Old 03-22-2019, 08:45 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,623,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
1. we have a 2nd amendment, they don't

2. NO-ONE has clearly defined just what an assault weapon is

3. Banning/outlawing doesn't work......killing is already against the law, still happens..... cocaine and heroin are against the law/banned also, yet there is a growing heroin epidemic
My definition is a rifle(AK,AR15 etc) or high capacity pistol (Uzi,Mac 10,Tec 9 etc) which can be converted to fully automatic

Old 03-22-2019, 08:47 AM

59,138 posts, read 27,349,464 times
Quote:
Wrong, I just don't see the appeal in owning an anti-personnel device, which is what a gun really is

It COULD happen to YOU. In FACT the chances are HIGH then in most other zip codes. I feel sorry for YOUR family!

"Crime in Zip 85034 (Phoenix, AZ)

Crime is ranked on a scale of 1 (low crime) to 100 (high crime)
Phoenix (zip 85034) violent crime is 69.0. (The US average is 22.7)

Phoenix (zip 85034) property crime is 75.9. (The US average is 35.4)

News The Armed Citizen® March 18, 2019

At a Prospect, Conn., car dealership, the owner and an employee were tending to business...News The Armed Citizen® March 15, 2019

Soundly asleep in her bedroom, a 74-year-old woman awakened to the sounds of a burglar...News The Armed Citizen® March 11, 2019

In Columbia, S.C., a pair of escaped convicts looking for an easy target picked the...News The Armed Citizen® March 8, 2019

Coming prepared to rob the place and do harm, an armed burglar entered a Pittsburgh...News The Armed Citizen® March 4, 2019

Comfortably asleep in their beds late at night, a married couple was awakened by the...News The Armed Citizen® March 1, 2019

Acting on the trick in “trick or treat,” a criminal in New Haven, Conn., took...News The Armed Citizen® February 25, 2019

Tensions can rise high during domestic disputes. Due to the quick thinking of one gentleman...

The Armed Citizen® February 22, 2019

Dining out one night with his teenage sons, an armed citizen was called on to...

The Armed Citizen® February 18, 2019

A former elected official and small-business owner stepped up to save his customers after a...

The Armed Citizen® February 15, 2019

California has its share of armed citizens who believe in exercising their Second Amendment rights.

The Armed Citizen® February 11, 2019

A group of Arizona burglars learned the hard way there is not always safety in...

The Armed Citizen® February 8, 2019

A would-be robber should have thought twice before attempting to rob two LSU student-athletes.

The Armed Citizen® February 4, 2019

A couple intervened to help a Houston McDonald's employee being held at gunpoint late one...

Old 03-22-2019, 08:48 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,502,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
I know you mean well, but the government doesn't give us rights, God does. The government is bound to enforce those rights, not make them up. People like me see to that with our votes. I'm the NRA.

The government understands what would happen if it overstepped it's bounds. That defines it for legal purposes. Doesn't get any plainer!
A sky demon gave you your rights?

I thought you were born with them as stipulated by that guy claiming so on a piece of parchment with his "all men are created equal" while he himself owned over 600 slaves and kept a concubine for his sexual pleasure locked up in his basement.

So you see to it no one is subjected to stuff like the TSA goons invading your personal space and trampling on your individual liberties? You personally see to it two teenagers aren't jailed for posting sarcasm on gamer sites. You see to it your very own President does not attempt to stifle the freedom of expression by comedians ribbing him on night time TV?

You've been sleeping on the job there finalmove.

Last edited by BruSan; 03-22-2019 at 09:32 AM..

Old 03-22-2019, 08:53 AM

13,138 posts, read 22,826,985 times
Quote:
My definition is a rifle(AK,AR15 etc) or high capacity pistol (Uzi,Mac 10,Tec 9 etc) which can be converted to fully automatic
Just about any gun can be converted to full auto if you throw enough expertise and money at it. Here's an example of a design that turns a bolt action (just like Grandpa's regular old deer rifle) into semi or full automatic.

https://www.forgottenweapons.com/cha...tomatic-rifle/

Personally I like the real definition of an Assault Rifle:a select fire (semi, auto, burst, ect) rifle that fires an intermediate cartridge.

Old 03-22-2019, 09:06 AM

59,138 posts, read 27,349,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
https://twitter.com/BernieSanders

quote: This is what real action to stop gun violence looks like. We must follow New Zealand's lead, take on the NRA and ban the sale and distribution of assault weapons in the United States
"and ban the sale and distribution of assault weapons in the United States"

Explain how the cities/states with the TOUGHEST gun laws also have the HIGHEST gun crime rates?

How may of this gun crime were commie with LEGALLY purchased guns?

"When you do the SAME THING over and over, DON'T expect a different outcome"

An amendment to the Constitution was passed BANNING alcohol. How did THAT turn out?

It is ILLEGAL to have cocaine and other types of drugs. Has it STOPPED ILLEGAL drug use?

There are MORE gun shootings IN "gun free" zones. Explain THAT.

just passing a "ban" is nothing but "fell good' legislation and will do NOTHING to stop gun crimes.

In FACT, gun crimes will INCREASE juat as they have in Australia because, crooks KNOW you do NOT have guns.

Old 03-22-2019, 09:17 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,125,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
Then if your playing the faith card their is no room for an constructive discussion.....
For all here to see----you deny human rights are inalienable! Dude, you're on the losing side for sure!.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies