Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2019, 09:15 AM

5,660 posts, read 5,090,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Sportsfan View Post
Sounds great for you but what about the gay people in those countries? Once again is another example of extremist religious views.
What about them, indeed! Sounds like an internal problem for those countries to deal with as they see fit. Why is this of any concern to us?

Old 03-31-2019, 09:27 AM

6,835 posts, read 2,402,729 times
The LGBT community may have it hard here in the U.S., but thankfully I am not aware of any state or national law that has a "If you gay, you will be stoned" law still on the books.

Old 03-31-2019, 09:31 AM

3,930 posts, read 2,099,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
The LGBT community may have it hard here in the U.S., but thankfully I am not aware of any state or national law that has a "If you gay, you will be stoned" law still on the books.
And we must stay alert and fight for any slippery slope that gets us there.

Stoning and gassing those different from you doesn’t happen overnight.

Old 03-31-2019, 09:40 AM

349 posts, read 260,704 times
Quote:
The LGBT community may have it hard here in the U.S., ......
You're joking, right?

Old 03-31-2019, 10:01 AM

6,835 posts, read 2,402,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WacoBill View Post
You're joking, right?
No, I am not joking! Despite them having the rights of many other people here on paper, in practice it is another story. Discrimination against people who are not straight White and cisgendered men happens a lot! This Republican recognizes that.

To be clear: I don't agree with the LGBT lifestyle (raised conservative) and I see both marriage and having or adopting kids as a thing for a biological male and biological female. However, the LGBT does have such rights though I do not agree with it. Also, I am not about to vote for laws that would deny them the rights. I once tried that in the fall of 2005 as 1 of the people that voted for the Defense of Marriage Act. I don't know how that faired.

There are times on Twitter where I have gotten myself in figurative hot water in this scenario: Twitter Account A is someone who IDS as genderqueer, non-binary, or whatever. I will tell them that that there are male, female, and intersexed people. I will also tell them that they sex/gender they are is the one they are born with.

Know this: if I saw an LGBT person getting beat up, especially if it was because they are LGBT, I would step in to help. I think it is better for me to die saving them than them dying from a hate crime. The same goes for me helping anyone!

Old 03-31-2019, 10:11 AM

1,380 posts, read 1,450,987 times
Don't cheat on your spouse or have sex before you get married, don't be a "fudge-packer" and you won't have any problems.

Old 03-31-2019, 10:23 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,854,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa1 View Post
Here’s an idea, if you’re gay (like I am) avoid countries where you are not welcomed. There are plenty of places in the world where you can be yourselves and get ‘stoned’ the fun way.

good choice.

Quote:
Sounds great for you but what about the gay people in those countries? Once again is another example of extremist religious views.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
What about them, indeed! Sounds like an internal problem for those countries to deal with as they see fit. Why is this of any concern to us?

workin_hard is right, its their country, they choose the laws they follow, not us. if you dont like their laws, then dont go there, its that simple. and if you do have to go there, then before you go, learn their laws and customs, and FOLLOW THEM to avoid any problems with the law. its called common sense.

its lust like if you go to another country and break their drugs laws, you get punished according to their rules, not ours.

Quote:
Quote:
And we must stay alert and fight for any slippery slope that gets us there.

Stoning and gassing those different from you doesn’t happen overnight.

beach, you are sort of right, it may not happen overnight, but it does happen fairly quickly depending on circumstances. and we must stay alert and avoid ANY slippery slope, not just the one you are referring to.

Old 03-31-2019, 12:20 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,752,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dozerbear View Post
Yes, and Yes. There are a few different opinions on punishment, and method of carrying out a death sentence.

(Bolded sentences in original)

https://archive.islamonline.net/?p=659

And results of a Pew survey done in 2013.

https://www.pewforum.org/2013/04/30/...iety-morality/
What a long winded description, didn't they have a single word for homosexuals?
I wonder what the morality survey would have revealed in Western countries... Sure, it is legal and people know it, but do they think it is moral?

Interestingly, in many countries where homosexual activity is illegal, it only is illegal for men, not women.
I wonder if those countries signed the global humans rights declaration, which I think says men and women have the same rights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikoba View Post
The same category?? You seemed to somehow missed the REASON these are being lumped together.I assigned no category, that is another label of yours. Not mine. How disingenuous of you.

People like you who encourage labeling people due to a feeling they experience need to back off. It's disingeous and abusive.

Shame on YOU.

You are not a liar because you feel like telling a lie. You are not a thief because you feel like stealing something. You are not a homosexual because you feel like engaging in a homosexual act. You are not a murderer because you feel like killing someone.

We are not defined by our feelings, PERIOD. Or we'd all be in big doo doo. We are defined by our ACTIONS.
Let's add a few more:
I am not on-board with labeling someone as “A necrophilliac” due to a feeling
I am not on-board with labeling someone as "incestous" due to a feeling

If you have a sexual feeling towards someone raping you, it doesn't define you as "enjoying it, or wanting it" nor "being attracted to them."
Our genitals are not reliable sources to define our personhood. And no one better be defining our personhood for us.

I don't get the whole point of your aggressive rant. Nor did you understand what I was referring to with category.
Feelings are a big part of being humans. Without feelings lead to actions. Some actions are optional, others not. You are mixing what you seem to think are analogies, but they aren't. Your examples are not the same, they are not the same category of examples.

When you are homosexual, you feel that way AND you need to live it out. Just like heterosexuals can usually not do without living out their sexuality. Why else do you think there is prostitution? You can't tell a heterosexual they can't have sex in their entire lives because it is natural to have sex. And it is the same for homosexuals.

Rape and such wild pseudo-examples of your analogies are different in that they are not based on mutual consent.

Old 03-31-2019, 06:37 PM

349 posts, read 260,704 times
Quote:
No, I am not joking!...........
OK, I get it. You're not gay, but you support someone else's right to be gay.

In America, there will always be some demographic on the receiving end of some kind of negativity (physical or verbal): Gays are murdered in a nightclub. A gay murders people in a nightclub. White MAGA-hat-wearing thugs assault half-black gay Jewish man.

But, for the most part, gay people in America got it made, as compared to the rest of the world. And they will march down the street and openly laugh in your face to make sure you know it.

Old 03-31-2019, 06:52 PM

35,081 posts, read 31,322,562 times
These Islamic countries are the complete opposite of Western progressivism, and would just as soon see the people who benefit by progressivism dead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies