Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2019, 08:33 AM

5,660 posts, read 5,089,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnluver8956 View Post
Being Christian is a "bad choice"? They are implementing full on Sharia Law!
Being Christian is a choice, and in Brunei it appears to be a bad one... in addition to the other bad choice on which this thread is focused.

Old 03-30-2019, 08:44 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 4 days ago)

27,185 posts, read 13,469,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zazel View Post
Poor old George, he is gay and does not have the balls to come out. LMAO
LOL - he's going to boycott The Dorchester Collection of hotels.

I somehow don't think most people could ever erven afford to stay at any of these hotels in the first place or even eat their, indeed the Dorchester in London has 3 Michellin Stars.

Dorchester Collection - Wikipedia

Old 03-30-2019, 08:47 AM

19,642 posts, read 12,231,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Very simple solution. If Brunei and or its laws offends you then don't go there. The USA really isn't in any position to lecture anyone else on governing people. The childish behavior of our 2 major parties is an international joke.
The west thinks the whole world is its playground. The big issue here is an American gay couple can't go to Brunei and Instagram themselves french kissing on a train. That is the extent to which we care about human rights.

Old 03-30-2019, 09:42 AM

59,088 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandraMoore66 View Post
Well, can't rep you again but I oh so want too! This comment made me laugh so hard!

"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz
Why would anyone want to be rich and powerful if they can't have a harem of hot women? Isn't that basically why men go to work every day?

Men would cease to do much of anything if there were no women."

Well, can't rep you again but I oh so want too! This comment made me laugh so hard!"

I worked in D.C in a LOT of law firms.

MANY women from all over the country come to D.C to work in these law forms with 1 SINGLE GOAL in mind. FIND AND MARRY RICH LAWYER.

I women DIDN'T care, what do they spend BILLIONS of dollar a year trying to "look attractive" if NOT to get the attention of men?

Blouses NOT buttoned up on purpose to show cleavage, very short skirts, push up bras and enough make up to HIDE any facial imperfections, etc".

"WOMEN would cease to do much of anything if there were no men."

It goes BOTH ways!

Old 03-30-2019, 09:54 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,270,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Brunei is implementing a new law where the punishment for being gay or engaging in adultery is getting stoned to death. It applies not only to the Muslim majority, but also to religious minorities and, beware, foreigners such as tourists.
Time to boycott the Beverly Hills Hotel, which the Brunei government owns
Rough crowd.

Keep them "over there"....their type IS NOT WELCOME IN THIS COUNTRY.

Old 03-30-2019, 10:19 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
Brunei is implementing a new law where the punishment for being gay or engaging in adultery is getting stoned to death. It applies not only to the Muslim majority, but also to religious minorities and, beware, foreigners such as tourists.
Oh no. Looks like that is going to end the thriving tourist industry that is Brunei.

Old 03-30-2019, 03:21 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,749,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Oh no. Looks like that is going to end the thriving tourist industry that is Brunei.
Hehe, I read they were already having big problems attracting tourists, I suppose that will get much worse now.

Old 03-30-2019, 03:22 PM

1,893 posts, read 1,010,747 times
Quote:
Trump would have been stoned to death eight or nine times if he lived there for his adulteries. Here in the USA, you're elected President of the county, not stoned.

Old 03-30-2019, 03:45 PM

16,083 posts, read 6,853,083 times
Quote:

and they say the United States is the evil empire....................Bah.... wah..............

Old 03-31-2019, 01:08 AM

21 posts, read 17,287 times
Quote:
Your view makes no sense. Having sex is a big part of being human. Nor is it separate from feeling, they belong together. You can't feel homosexual and not want to have sex with someone of your own sex.

Nor do I share your mixing homosexuality, child abuse, and adultery as if they were all the same category.
The same category?? You seemed to somehow missed the REASON these are being lumped together.I assigned no category, that is another label of yours. Not mine. How disingenuous of you.

People like you who encourage labeling people due to a feeling they experience need to back off. It's disingeous and abusive.

Shame on YOU.

You are not a liar because you feel like telling a lie. You are not a thief because you feel like stealing something. You are not a homosexual because you feel like engaging in a homosexual act. You are not a murderer because you feel like killing someone.

We are not defined by our feelings, PERIOD. Or we'd all be in big doo doo. We are defined by our ACTIONS.
Let's add a few more:
I am not on-board with labeling someone as “A necrophilliac” due to a feeling
I am not on-board with labeling someone as "incestous" due to a feeling

If you have a sexual feeling towards someone raping you, it doesn't define you as "enjoying it, or wanting it" nor "being attracted to them."
Our genitals are not reliable sources to define our personhood. And no one better be defining our personhood for us.

Last edited by Shikoba; 03-31-2019 at 01:24 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies