Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2020, 03:15 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,508,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
It's not surprising though. Black people are being talking about in other aspects, as if they are some kind of problem in society.
Look at the other demographic groups mentioned in the post you quoted:

"Talking about voting blocs happens across just about every demographic. College educated men, college educated women, non-college educated whites, evangelicals, blacks, Jews, Hispanic/Latino, voters under 30, voters over 50, etc, etc, etc."

Which of those voting blocs ended up 89%-8% in favor of one candidate over the other in 2016 and consistently votes for the same party's candidate by similar or higher margins ? Only one that I know of and that's why that bloc's voters are unique and particularly important.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2020, 04:39 PM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Look at the other demographic groups mentioned in the post you quoted:

"Talking about voting blocs happens across just about every demographic. College educated men, college educated women, non-college educated whites, evangelicals, blacks, Jews, Hispanic/Latino, voters under 30, voters over 50, etc, etc, etc."

Which of those voting blocs ended up 89%-8% in favor of one candidate over the other in 2016 and consistently votes for the same party's candidate by similar or higher margins ? Only one that I know of and that's why that bloc's voters are unique and particularly important.
On city-data though, Blacks get talked about ALOT, and in many cases, not for good reasons. My point is that it goes beyond voting.

Old 03-25-2020, 07:45 AM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times
With America being brought to its knees like this thanks to Covid-19, I wonder how much more this will effect who votes for whom.

Old 04-15-2020, 05:06 AM

3,406 posts, read 1,905,678 times
#WalkAway

Old 04-15-2020, 05:18 AM

3,406 posts, read 1,905,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
Exacly. Nothing applies to whites. It only seems to apply to blacks. Evangelicals get a pass on everything. Angry white men get a pass when they vote as a block.
Angry white men is a misnomer. Just like angry ANYBODY! What's puzzling is why so many black people describe successful black people as being "too white!" Is it because being a successful black person is a bad thing, or is it jealousy that causes them to feel that way? Each person needs to take care of themselves! I'm white, and I've supported and mentored black people in my job. Good people reside in ALL races! Blacks are waking up to the fact that Trump is DOING more for THEM, than Obama did in EIGHT YEARS of smooth talking! Fact be told, Obama did more for Latinos than he did for blacks!!! In South Carolina, and other places, Biden got what he wanted from blacks (USED THEM!), and will turn on them if elected! Biden's other problem is that Bernie is pushing Biden WAY left, which is BAD for blacks, AND for our country! #WalkAway

Old 04-15-2020, 05:41 AM

25,737 posts, read 12,815,111 times
I support Democrat Representative Vernon Jones of Georgia who is African-American. He supports Trump because of what Trump has done to help African-Americans:

-pre-pandemic Af-Am employment at all time highs, w/ wages growing (why didn't Obama do that?)

-helping traditional Black Colleges

-advocating for more balanced criminal sentencing amongst Judges

Vernon Jones is under attack from his own party for supporting Trump, and he's fighting for his political life in an upcomming early June election. I hope Congressman Jones wins. We need more politicians like him who look beyond race and party lines, and instead, follow the facts.

Old 04-15-2020, 05:45 AM

2,643 posts, read 2,443,847 times
If Trump plays his cards right....he gets at most 5% of the black vote. The endorsement of a totally unknown Georgia state legislature rep who voted for Bush twice wont persuade anyone

Old 04-15-2020, 05:48 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,175,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
I support Democrat Representative Vernon Jones of Georgia who is African-American. He supports Trump because of what Trump has done to help African-Americans:

-pre-pandemic Af-Am employment at all time highs, w/ wages growing (why didn't Obama do that?)

-helping traditional Black Colleges

-advocating for more balanced criminal sentencing amongst Judges

Vernon Jones is under attack from his own party for supporting Trump, and he's fighting for his political life in an upcomming early June election. I hope Congressman Jones wins. We need more politicians like him who look beyond race and party lines, and instead, follow the facts.
There is no looking beyond race in your post. You claim we need more politicians like Jones who look beyond race but at the beginning claims he supports Trump because of what Trump has done to help African-Americans. That is a complete focus on race.

Old 04-15-2020, 05:52 AM

30,371 posts, read 19,170,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkm370 View Post
If Trump plays his cards right....he gets at most 5% of the black vote. The endorsement of a totally unknown Georgia state legislature rep who voted for Bush twice wont persuade anyone
Trump did significantly better than 5% in 2016 and will get much more in 2020. My prediction is somewhere between 15-20%....quid pro quo Joe's goose is cooked.

Old 04-15-2020, 06:18 AM

2,643 posts, read 2,443,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Trump did significantly better than 5% in 2016 and will get much more in 2020. My prediction is somewhere between 15-20%....quid pro quo Joe's goose is cooked.
The last time any Rep got that much of the black vote was 1960 and that was just because Prodestant blacks refused to vote for a Catholic. Trump will absolutely crater on the black vote. Last Quinnipiac poll had him at 7% vs Biden and that was before the economy started tanking
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies