Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2019, 05:42 PM

3,006 posts, read 1,494,787 times

Advertisements

I think of condemnation as a fatal act, such as by a jury or vigilante mob. Even as futile chatter on the internet, it's a harshly judgemental word, like trying to throw feces by spitting. It leaves an aftertaste.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2019, 05:43 PM

15,640 posts, read 10,398,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justus978 View Post
Q: Why are there 44 members of congress and 13 members of the senate that hold duel citizenship...
I'm not inclined to respond to posts like yours. prove me wrong for my inclination and post a reference to your assertion.

Last edited by texan2yankee; 04-11-2019 at 05:51 PM..

Old 04-11-2019, 05:51 PM

2,974 posts, read 1,985,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
your post is a bold face lie, Justus. I'm not inclined to respond to posts like yours. prove me wrong for ignoring your assertion and post your proof.

..not wrong at all...do your own homework.... i could give a rat's pattuti whether you agree, ignore or stamp your feet ...facts, sometimes they're tough to swallow...

Old 04-11-2019, 05:56 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,123,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justus978 View Post
Q: Why are there 44 members of congress and 13 members of the senate that hold duel citizenship with Israel?

A: Because Israel is special
Yep.

Yet people are all freaked out about one crazy Somali chick.

Old 04-11-2019, 05:56 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,271,773 times
I'll condemn her--I strongly believe that the 9/11 comment was totally inappropriate and extremely insensitive. Just wrong.

And I'll tell you why I believe that more Americans do not condemn her.

I always marvel that more Americans do not condemn Trump for his offensive, insensitive and rude, crude comments.

But, here's the thing--many people have no idea he has even said these things as they don't watch or read news--too busy with life. And he's the president, so one would think that people would pay attention.

Omar is just one Congresswoman, and I'd be hard pressed to tell you what place she represents. I do watch and read news, but did not know about the comment until I read it here.

So, a lot of the country is either not paying attention or have become totally inured to outrageously offensive comments due to the normalization of Trump. It is difficult to top him in the offensive comment department.

Old 04-11-2019, 06:04 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,886,302 times
Speaking for myself, I find her harmless and amusing. Her own party doesn't know quite what to make of her. Yes she is a bit of a loon, but she isn't evil by nature.
The better question is why don't more Americans condemn people like Maxine Waters and Sheila Jackson Lee. Now those 2 are just wrong in every way imaginable. Water's makes Hillary look like Mother Theresa.

Old 04-11-2019, 06:07 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,123,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Speaking for myself, I find her harmless and amusing. Her own party doesn't know quite what to make of her. Yes she is a bit of a loon, but she isn't evil by nature.
The better question is why don't more Americans condemn people like Maxine Waters and Sheila Jackson Lee. Now those 2 are just wrong in every way imaginable. Water's makes Hillary look like Mother Theresa.
This is one of the few rational posts on this thread.

Old 04-11-2019, 06:16 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,510,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
Q. Why are both parties beholden to force Americans to give welfare payments to Israel and fight their wars for them?

A: Because Israel is "special."
Q. Why are we back to mocking Israel, with the code word "special" sarcastically used in connection with the Jewish state, when the thread topic is Omar and her offensive comments?

A. Because there's a lot of disdain for Jews, and "some people" can't help but condemn Israel whenever they get a chance.

Old 04-11-2019, 06:23 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,510,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
I've condemned both of them. They're bigots. But when conservatives condemn them, Leftists call us racist and say we're picking on them because they're black. And if we condemn Omar, we are told we are picking on her because she's Muslim.

The only people the radical left allows to be criticized are Jews, often via mocking language about "special" Israel or the "rich" AIPAC people.

Old 04-11-2019, 06:25 PM

2,974 posts, read 1,985,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Q. Why are we back to mocking Israel, with the code word "special" sarcastically used in connection with the Jewish state, when the thread topic is Omar and her offensive comments?

A. Because there's a lot of disdain for Jews, and "some people" can't help but condemn Israel whenever they get a chance.

..."some people"....hmm pot, meet kettle...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies