Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2019, 06:29 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,508,176 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
Again, the fact that you refuse to answer direct questions as to why American income theft victims should be forced to give welfare payments to Israel tells me all I need to know.

And why is any criticism of Israel "anti-Semitic?" You sound like Al and Jesse where everything is "racist."
No, but SOME criticism of Israel is driven by underlying anti-semitism, especially when it comes up on a thread that is about a different topic altogether.

The hate for Israel is scary, especially in the face of rising antisemitism. If you were a Jew, you'd understand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2019, 06:35 PM

2,974 posts, read 1,985,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
No, but SOME criticism of Israel is driven by underlying anti-semitism, especially when it comes up on a thread that is about a different topic altogether.

The hate for Israel is scary, especially in the face of rising antisemitism. If you were a Jew, you'd understand.

....i don't think its scary at all...as a Jew i'm sure you've thumbed through a few pages of the Talmud, there's your answer as to why the jews are held in such disdain....

Old 04-11-2019, 06:36 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,884,675 times
Quote:
I've condemned both of them. They're bigots. But when conservatives condemn them, Leftists call us racist and say we're picking on them because they're black. And if we condemn Omar, we are told we are picking on her because she's Muslim.

The only people the radical left allows to be criticized are Jews, often via mocking language about "special" Israel or the "rich" AIPAC people.
Come now. Can anyone really say that Israel gets nothing but cash and free passes from the USA? Even when we catch them stabbing us in the back we bend over to make it seem like they were justified for doing it.
AIPAC is absolutely an issue and their interests are not what is good for the USA but how to manipulate our government to the advantage of Israel.

I have no issue with the people of Israel, I just dont believe that we owe them one drop of American sweat. It sucks what happened to the Jews in the 30's and 40's in Europe, but we didn't do it, Germany did it. Why are we on the hook to be their sugar daddy?

Singling out Omar? She has a lot of catching up to do before she comes close to the damage Israel's government has done to the USA.

Lets instead of singling out an individual, let's instead look at the 2 major parties and how they have fleeced America.

Old 04-11-2019, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justus978 View Post
....i don't think its scary at all...as a Jew i'm sure you've thumbed through a few pages of the Talmud, there's your answer as to why the jews are held in such disdain....
wow! So you're saying Jews are held in such disdain because their religion is so worthy of disdain.

(And to anyone normal reading this, do you still doubt that some of these Isrsel-haters are antisemitic as well?)

Old 04-11-2019, 06:39 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,884,675 times
Quote:

Why must it be hate and not skepticism? How many times have we caught Israel spying on us, stealing our most precious secrets, selling them to our enemies?

It wasn't the Palestinians that we caught trying to sell Patriot missiles and the technology to China. It wasn't Canada or England or Germany. It was Israel, and it wasn't the first time Israel was caught red handed stabbing us in the back.

Old 04-11-2019, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Come now. Can anyone really say that Israel gets nothing but cash and free passes from the USA? Even when we catch them stabbing us in the back we bend over to make it seem like they were justified for doing it.
AIPAC is absolutely an issue and their interests are not what is good for the USA but how to manipulate our government to the advantage of Israel.

I have no issue with the people of Israel, I just dont believe that we owe them one drop of American sweat. It sucks what happened to the Jews in the 30's and 40's in Europe, but we didn't do it, Germany did it. Why are we on the hook to be their sugar daddy?

Singling out Omar? She has a lot of catching up to do before she comes close to the damage Israel's government has done to the USA.

Lets instead of singling out an individual, let's instead look at the 2 major parties and how they have fleeced America.
NO, But after reading some of these comments, can you deny that SOME of the posters complaining about Israel are vehemently antisemitic, and that their laser-focus hostility toward the Jewish state might have something to do with it?

Read one up, where that poster said, essentially, Jews deserve to be held in disdain because of the teachings of their disdainful religion. Now how can a normal person separate out that degree of antisemitism from any criticism he has of Israel? Once he reveals such Jew-hate, he loses credibility.

Old 04-11-2019, 06:53 PM

2,416 posts, read 2,024,551 times
Two countries in the world I would definitely never visit? - Israel and Saudi Arabia ... OK throw in Brunei.
Despicable theocracies.

PS the sooner religion - all religion - is consigned to the dustbin of history, the better.

Old 04-11-2019, 06:54 PM

10,244 posts, read 16,377,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
As a Minnesotan I’m embarrassed even though the idiots who voted her in are not really Minnesotans and have no business in this country.
I’m still trying to decide what is more hurtful....the fact that you’re calling me an idiot, telling me that I’m not a Minnesotan, and telling me that I have no business in this country? Or the fact that this is all coming from somebody who named themself after a fart joke.

Also, for the record Ilhan Omar received nearly 78% of the votes in the Minnesota 5th (267,703 to be exact) so you’re disparaging quite a few fellow Minnesotans there friend. Most would consider that a landslide victory.

Old 04-11-2019, 07:02 PM

2,974 posts, read 1,985,127 times
Quote:
NO, But after reading some of these comments, can you deny that SOME of the posters complaining about Israel are vehemently antisemitic, and that their laser-focus hostility toward the Jewish state might have something to do with it?

Read one up, where that poster said, essentially, Jews deserve to be held in disdain because of the teachings of their disdainful religion. Now how can a normal person separate out that degree of antisemitism from any criticism he has of Israel? Once he reveals such Jew-hate, he loses credibility.

...before you attack my credibility....'have you read the Talmud?"...i thought not

Old 04-11-2019, 07:16 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,122,326 times
Quote:
Q. Why are we back to mocking Israel, with the code word "special" sarcastically used in connection with the Jewish state, when the thread topic is Omar and her offensive comments?

A. Because there's a lot of disdain for Jews, and "some people" can't help but condemn Israel whenever they get a chance.
a.) Because many politicians have used the word "special," as in we have a "special relationship" with Israel.

b.) I hold no disdain for anyone who minds their own business and respects property rights.

I notice you still avoid the question of why American income theft victims should be forced to give $3 billion a year in welfare to Israel...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies