Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2019, 07:24 AM

19,718 posts, read 12,289,701 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Instead of having only American food (cobs of corn and hamburger), we can eat food from other places, like Italian, French, Chinese, Japanese, Indian, etc. Diversity also brings fresh ideas to the table. Think Google and Apple, for example.

Your problem is that when you hear the word 'diversity' you immediately think about black people and equate it with crime.
Then when they talk of increasing diversity they mean exchanging more recipes.

Old 04-22-2019, 07:29 AM

19,718 posts, read 12,289,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nedergras View Post
You mean like how the limousine liberals that live in gated communities aren't racist but the working class is racist because they exhibit too much toxic masculinity by driving a truck that they also use for work instead of a commuter car?
Those LLs are racist. Those truck guys can be a problem. Not fun being stuck in the middle.

Old 04-22-2019, 07:30 AM

63,054 posts, read 29,249,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
The often parroted phrase, "Diversity makes us stronger," is one of the most mindless statements that has been shoved down our throats. There is zero evidence to support such a claim. Of course, everyone should be treated equally but that doesn't mean we must seek out diversity for the sake of diversity.
I agree with you. To elaborate some diversity within a country is ok but too much of it results in culture clash including not being able to communicate with one of other due to different languages being spoken. A country loses its identity when diversity becomes equal to the native population of a country. I like the uniqueness of each nation. Too much diversity and it's no longer identifiable and they become mutt nations.

Old 04-22-2019, 07:33 AM

78 posts, read 37,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafd View Post
I am a white male who has worked from the age of 18 until I retired at 65. I have an advanced degree partly through hard work, partly through good luck. I have more in common with the black guy across town, or the Hispanic down the block than I will ever have with the Koch brothers or the President.

All you need to know about people is there are those who work and those who don't.
Yeah because the average white person is like Trump or the Koch brothers!

Old 04-22-2019, 07:34 AM

1,415 posts, read 1,097,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Those LLs are racist. Those truck guys can be a problem. Not fun being stuck in the middle.

Isn't it fun living in this new America the liberals want so badly for the rest of us? Either you're faking rich like one of them while the real rich live in their homogenous neighborhoods, or you're labeled racist for being a foul mouthed working class American. This liberal utopia where there's no middle class, just rich and poor.

Old 04-22-2019, 07:41 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,392,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I agree with you. To elaborate some diversity within a country is ok but too much of it results in culture clash including not being able to communicate with one of other due to different languages being spoken. A country loses its identity when diversity becomes equal to the native population of a country. I like the uniqueness of each nation. Too much diversity and it's no longer identifiable and they become mutt nations.
Absolutely. We should have an immigration system based on merit, not race. All races are equal as far as actual potential and ability, but not all cultures are equal. Allowing a country to be overrun with people from a less advanced culture without the said people being integrated is suicide.

Old 04-22-2019, 07:41 AM

6,159 posts, read 4,633,197 times
To me, living around people who have value systems that are radically different from my own is a much, much bigger deal than what race my neighbors are.

Old 04-22-2019, 07:43 AM

8,446 posts, read 4,764,720 times
Many people seem to drastically overestimate the amount of diversity that is required to provide international cuisine to a community.

Old 04-22-2019, 07:44 AM

1,415 posts, read 1,097,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jowel View Post
To me, living around people who have value systems that are radically different from my own is a much, much bigger deal than what race my neighbors are.

Exactly why people don't want to live in areas where the predominant thinking is don't snitch because no one wants to see their house riddled with bullet holes.

Old 04-22-2019, 07:45 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,705,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
I often hear liberals tout "diversity" as being a wonderful goal that is obviously advantageous to everyone. The term "diversity" has been highjacked from genetics, in which genetic diversity is favorable for adaptation, and applied to social interractions with the presumption that it provides the obvious benefit seen in evolution.

I am wondering what is the touted advantages of "diversity", as I see more negatives than positives. I understand the goal and perceived benefit, but I rarely see that occur when implemented. Any thoughts?
Ah, another racist post full of mistakes. Do you need remembering that the USA built itself on the "fruits of many nations"....Einstein, Von Braun and many others having made the modern world? Enrico Fermi - why, that sounds Italian! People like you said Italians and other Catholics turned this country to chit. Yep....

The first benefit of diversity is sitting right here. Me. I am a much stronger human being due to being of mixed heritage. Furthermore, going forward, my kids and grandkids and cousins are throwing some Asian, Irish, British and other "stocks" into the mix, making the line even strong and (hopefully) more disease resistant.

"You see more negatives"...I can only assume you are not a Capitalist, as areas with diverse populations in the USA generally have higher GDP and incomes.

So my "thoughts" are that you are 100% wrong. If you want "lack of diversity" head up to the hollers and see what the economic and social benefits of 100's of years of "lack of" has accomplished. Why are Boston and NYC and the Bay Area and LA and even certain areas in Texas and Florida BOOMING, whilst areas with less "diverse" populations are stagnating?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies