Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2019, 01:48 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,734,389 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
As a black conservative, forced racial diversity only hurts me. When people see me at work they may think I'm a racial quota or affirmative action slot.

Racial diversity needs to be natural, when you force it, disaster happens. Like people of color dropping or transferring out of their racial quota Ivy league slots because their high schools did not fully prepare them for the rigorous coursework of college.

As a black man, we are 14% of the American population so we will never be the majority anywhere in this country, yet liberals continue to shove this divisive racial crap down our throat.

Yet...here you are talking about race. Actions create equal and opposite reaction. We are just talking about it, in reaction, just like you are now.

Old 04-22-2019, 01:49 PM

2,361 posts, read 2,544,216 times
Nationalities: Better food. Better conversation. Places to stay or eat when we travel overseas (families of our local friends).

Gender/sexual preference: interesting people. Learn a lot...including the inherent goodness of the vast majority of people. (goes for nationalities too)

different ages: see last category.

different races who are us citizens: see last 2 categories.

Personally, I have a deep affection for both black and hispanic cultures, arising from close proximity to them when i was growing up. While my family had a black maid (because my mother taught school for whole days for years), Lavinia took me home to her house in Houston's 5th Ward when I got out of school. I ate their food, played with the kids my age, occasionally went to weekday church services with them, made friends I had for years.

I also spent most summers on my mother's family's ranch in South Texas, where hispanics worked as cowhands and handymen. When I grew to teenage years, hispanic girls were the first ones I ever kissed.

I've dated and had relationships with black, hispanic, and Chinese women.

My life is far richer for those experiences, which continue to happen. I feel sorry for those who haven't had similar experiences.

Old 04-22-2019, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
He wants towns that are 100% white. It doesn’t matter what town-OP just wants to rag on diversity. Hasn’t got the memo about mostly white towns with high crime that’s related to opioid and heroin addiction.
I think craigiri is pointing out what other people believe, not what he himself believes.

Old 04-22-2019, 01:51 PM

7,191 posts, read 4,782,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
What on earth are you talking about?

`
Seriously?

You didn’t get the memo? Wow.

Southern Baptists, Evangelicals and undereducated people believe that the Pope is the Antichrist, that Roman Catholics are NOT Christians and that the only real Bible is the King James Bible.

Pesky little details like Emperor Constantine and the Council of Nicea are anathema to these folks.

Old 04-22-2019, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
There is no excuse for ignorance. When you spend all your time with people who look ike you, think like you, worship like you, are in the same general economic class as you, that breeds ignorance. Funny thing about diversity. Humans are more alike to one another than they are different. It's just that the outward appearances stops some folks in their tracks. Ignorance.
Taken to its logical end, it can lead to townspeople whose eyes are just a little too close together and their noses flattened just a bit. Or more than a little or a bit; I've seen it in isolated villages in eastern Europe. Nature punishes genetic non-diversity.

Old 04-22-2019, 01:59 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,761,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
Seriously?

You didn’t get the memo? Wow.

Southern Baptists, Evangelicals and undereducated people believe that the Pope is the Antichrist, that Roman Catholics are NOT Christians and that the only real Bible is the King James Bible.
That is simply not true. Please stop trying to play denominations against each other.

Old 04-22-2019, 02:12 PM

30,145 posts, read 18,747,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Some of this is self fulfilling prophecy. If you assume people are nice....that is how you treat them and in return that is how the respond. If you assume someone to be negative then more than likely you will treat then negatively (maybe unintentionally) and then they respond negatively....which then allows you to think "I knew it. Just like I thought". This is what happened to black people for centuries. America assumed the negative, then treated them negatively....and hence the resultant reaction is negative.

The gap between action and reaction confuses a lot of people. Reactive energy is often conserved and released at a future time. If you hang a picture up on a wall, the energy you used to defy gravity to put it up there is preserved by the hook. Years later you are walking by and the picture falls from the wall. You then think the picture fell all on its own. No one did anything to make it fall. Well....wrong! The equal and opposite reaction of what goes up is that it comes down. Whoever hung the picture up is responsible for it coming down....eventually, for if they would have never lifted it up it would have never fallen down.

Many of the problems with minority, blacks in particular, that are coming out now is similar to the picture. It's the equal and opposite reaction to the negative energies directed at black people, pent up due to racial oppression, being released when the pressure is no longer great enough to keep it compartmentalized.

So how do you explain the increased murder rates in African nations that did not experience slavery? Do they suffer from "slavery PTSD" because they heard about what happened to fellow blacks sent to America?

At some point, one must accept personal responsibility for their lot in life and repeated excuses/rationalizations is the refuge of personal failure.

When one has failed, it is much easier to blame someone else than engage in introspection, as that requires some personal honesty and a will to improve. If one is simply a helpless "victim", it exhonerates one of any responsibility and need to improve- everything will be all better IF.............whatever perceived insult or transgression is eliminated or rectified.

.................. what a load of crap.

Old 04-22-2019, 02:14 PM

6,014 posts, read 2,261,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackjackpershing View Post
Umm hmm. Whatever makes you sleep better at night or justify that list in your mind of the 25 most murderous countries in the world. Sleep well

I do, what the hell are you scarred of? Unless you think there is Congolese assassin hunting you down, what the heck are you scarred of?

Heck most Americans rarely leave the state they were born in so becoming worried about a South African Ninja hanging from your bedroom roof to slay the big bad American is nonsense, I don't get it.

Old 04-22-2019, 02:20 PM

7,195 posts, read 5,744,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
That is simply not true. Please stop trying to play denominations against each other.
I live in the Bible belt and I have heard this. The self-described "real Christians" sometimes think that Catholics, Mormons, Congregationalists (United Church of Christ), and other denominations are "fake Christians." Of course it's not all of them, but it's not just one or two, either. I wish I were kidding.

Old 04-22-2019, 02:24 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,799,516 times
I heard a lot of parents at my kid’s very white, very liberal very middle class elementary school talk a lot about how great diversity is. Yet when it came time to choose a middle school, I heard some of those same parents say things like, “It would crush his soul” to go to XYZ school, aka the very diverse school, racially, culturally, economically, down the street. One parent who actually gives lectures on white privilege and diversity was going to send her kids to private school if they didn’t get into the school of her choice (white, rich, etc.). It was a very funny time.

Last edited by MissTerri; 04-22-2019 at 02:52 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies