Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2019, 11:17 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,119,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
You know why this is really laughable? Because it shows you actually took that inane post you quoted seriously.

Certainly Eliz Warren hasn't diverged from the Kamala-led idea that all teachers deserve about a 20% raise right now ... therefore this would cost EVEN MORE.

No one requires both parents to work. No one requires folks to have kids. No one requires folks to choose some ultra-certified daycare where the workers get paid as if their job extends beyond keeping kids alive and safe and socializing them.

turning the corner, I'm wondering about this ...

What's considered the affordable level for healthcare? 50%?
What are you talking about? For starters, most families cannot live decently on one salary nowadays. After trickle down voodoo was sold it was the beginning of the end of the middle class and it was no longer feasible to live on hubby's salary and health insurance coverage, buy a home, save for retirement and send the kids to college. Which universe are you operating from? And yes...just as Warren states...in the long run it is good for the economy. But the very simple fact that so many on the right do not get is that when families do better and prosper, society as a whole does better and prospers. I find it startling that this needs to be pointed out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2019, 11:24 PM

21,466 posts, read 10,568,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
What are you talking about? For starters, most families cannot live decently on one salary nowadays. After trickle down voodoo was sold it was the beginning of the end of the middle class and it was no longer feasible to live on hubby's salary and health insurance coverage, buy a home, save for retirement and send the kids to college. Which universe are you operating from? And yes...just as Warren states...in the long run it is good for the economy. But the very simple fact that so many on the right do not get is that when families do better and prosper, society as a whole does better and prospers. I find it startling that this needs to be pointed out.
I find it startling that you can’t see the inherent flaws in this plan. Y’all want open borders, $15.00 minimum wage, and an additional 45% of women entering the workforce all at the same time. And don’t forget the looming massive job losses due to automation that they keep promising is coming. All this while they want to put an end to the backbone of our economy and manufacturing base by eliminating fossil fuel extraction (yet more job losses, and well paying ones too). Do y’all ever think?

Old 04-25-2019, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I find it startling that you can’t see the inherent flaws in this plan. Y’all want open borders, $15.00 minimum wage, and an additional 45% of women entering the workforce all at the same time. And don’t forget the looming massive job losses due to automation that they keep promising is coming. All this while they want to put an end to the backbone of our economy and manufacturing base by eliminating fossil fuel extraction (yet more job losses, and well paying ones too). Do y’all ever think?
An you have bought the propaganda. Do you not understand that there are green industries that would provide jobs and if the infrastructure would be addressed that would provide more jobs. You seriously want families to throw up their hands and not get educated and improve their lives for the sake of the corporate welfare kings and queens that want it all and have convinced you that they reign supreme? The right wing is so short sighted and regressive which is why they will neve make it into the future. The USA is becoming a third world banana republic mentality lagging behind due to your type of thinking and gullibility. I'm sure you were convinced that the top percent needed more tax breaks too.

Old 04-25-2019, 11:41 PM

Quote:
An you have bought the propaganda. Do you not understand that there are green industries that would provide jobs and if the infrastructure would be addressed that would provide more jobs. You seriously want families to throw up their hands and not get educated and improve their lives for the sake of the corporate welfare kings and queens that want it all and have convinced you that they reign supreme? The right wing is so short sighted and regressive which is why they will neve make it into the future. The USA is becoming a third world banana republic mentality lagging behind due to your type of thinking and gullibility. I'm sure you were convinced that the top percent needed more tax breaks too.
Yeah sure, I’m the one who’s gullible.

Old 04-25-2019, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Yeah sure, I’m the one who’s gullible.
I am not the one that drank corporate Kool-Aid...That's for chit sure.

Old 04-25-2019, 11:48 PM

Quote:
I am not the one that drank corporate Kool-Aid...That's for chit sure.
Okay, not bothering anymore. Just know that none of what she’s proposing is ever going to happen. The best she could get is maybe some student loan forgiveness programs, which I’m not opposed to as long as the costs of college is curtailed. But she has to stick to one thing and not promise the world because we know it’s not feasible.

Old 04-25-2019, 11:49 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,877,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K12144 View Post
Why would Elizabeth Warren have anything to do with my hypothetical kids and where I choose to send them for childcare? I know plenty of people who are resentful of childcare cost, when to me it seems pretty reasonable for what they get, and it boggles my mind that they want to do their child's care on the cheap. I'm sorry it's expensive, but children are expensive.

Sorry, bub. No kids here. But if I had them, where did I imply that I would expect anyone else to pay the costs?

I don't know. Why not ask parents?

So you don't think care of your children is worth very much?
Maybe most of us just think that Warren isn't qualified to decide what is best for everyone else? That is what this thread is about. Yet another democrat deciding what is best for everyone else. How to pay for it? We'll figure that out later. What will it do to the cost of living? We'll deal with that later. But what it always boils down to is get the money off the middle class.

Old 04-25-2019, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Okay, not bothering anymore. Just know that none of what she’s proposing is ever going to happen. The best she could get is maybe some student loan forgiveness programs, which I’m not opposed to as long as the costs of college is curtailed. But she has to stick to one thing and not promise the world because we know it’s not feasible.
Ask her if she needs an advisor because her experience with finance and economics is so limited.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elizabeth_Warren

Old 04-26-2019, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Ask her if she needs an advisor because her experience with finance and economics is so limited.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elizabeth_Warren
All that proves is that she knows better, but will say anything to get elected.

Old 04-26-2019, 12:09 AM

Quote:
All that proves is that she knows better, but will say anything to get elected.
And you are free to vote for the con-servative standard bearer the grifter birther-in-thief who is currently squatting in The White House...if he makes it that long.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies