Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2019, 03:35 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,360,489 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
I have listened to the good governors comments personally. Trumps comments are a reasonable representation of what that dirtbag said. d

it is post delivery abortion. ie execution.
That is all nonsense.Once born the kid has the same rights as any person.

If there is no known way to prevent the death of the child the parents may determine how to proceed. And may often be a complex call. Do you call for the utmost available treatment even if it causes the baby to suffer more and for a longer period before dying? Or does one provide palliative care to keep the baby free from pain until it passes? Having been involved in such decision making their is no joy - only pain..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2019, 03:35 PM

15,866 posts, read 21,452,288 times
Do people arguing for heroic measures for infants who are incompatible with life support universal healthcare?

Old 04-30-2019, 03:41 PM

27,623 posts, read 21,136,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Do people arguing for heroic measures for infants who are incompatible with life support universal healthcare?
No...the "Save The Fetus/Screw The Child" crowd are never in line with what they preach.

Old 04-30-2019, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
No...the "Save The Fetus/Screw The Child" crowd are never in line with what they preach.

And screw the parents who have to watch their child die an excruciating, prolonged death only to then be handed a bill in the multiples of tens of thousands of dollars - even with insurance.

And screw the medical professionals who are forced to ignore what is right for a knee-jerk reaction based on someone else's half-baked "principles."

Old 04-30-2019, 04:08 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,999,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Need a pacemaker due to irregular heart activity? Nope. Either one lives on one's own without medical intervention or one is left to die because one is nonviable. Treat everyone the same as born alive babies who are left to die if they're supposedly nonviable, as well. Equal Protection Clause.
Quote:
Need a heart, lung, liver, kidney, or bone marrow transplant? Nope. Either one lives on one's own without medical intervention or one is left to die because one is nonviable. Treat everyone the same as born alive babies who are left to die if they're supposedly nonviable, as well. Equal Protection Clause.
Quote:
Are you all getting it, yet? The left wants born alive babies to die but will spare no cost in providing expensive medical interventions to let everyone else with costly nonviable (without medical intervention) conditions to live.
You’re the reason the ignore feature exists.

Old 04-30-2019, 04:22 PM

I will also point out this quote from InformedConsent in response to a post of mine about having survived stage IV cancer at 23 and dealing with the financial ramifications of that through most of my 20s:

Quote:
It may sound harsh, but that's why it may be considered wiser to let nature take its course instead of sabotaging one's entire future. You'll be struggling your entire life. It's the choice you made.

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...l#post54003593

So, I've gotta say, it's pretty disingenuous to suggest that we go through heroic measures to keep an infant who is incompatible with life and will never live to see their 1 week birthday, much less 1 year, when you argued that I should have died a painful and entirely preventable death before I turned 25 because doing so caused financial strain.

Evil. Pure, unadulterated evil.

Old 04-30-2019, 04:41 PM

27,623 posts, read 21,136,796 times
Quote:
I will also point out this quote from InformedConsent in response to a post of mine about having survived stage IV cancer at 23 and dealing with the financial ramifications of that through most of my 20s:

So, I've gotta say, it's pretty disingenuous to suggest that we go through heroic measures to keep an infant who is incompatible with life and will never live to see their 1 week birthday, much less 1 year, when you argued that I should have died a painful and entirely preventable death before I turned 25 because doing so caused financial strain.

My take on this when Trump threw his tacky MAGA hat into the ring and actually found supporters was totally accurate...Trump gave permission for sociopaths to emerge from their dank closets. That response to your post was astonishing and disgusting.

Old 04-30-2019, 04:50 PM

46,968 posts, read 26,011,859 times
Quote:

Wow. I do not often agree with a characterization of evil, but there we have it. Hope things have improved for you.

Old 04-30-2019, 05:19 PM

24,005 posts, read 15,096,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
You’re the reason the ignore feature exists.
I can't figure out if it is willful ignorance or just plain ol mean as as hell.

Old 04-30-2019, 06:57 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,830,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Northam was discussing babies born with "severe deformities." So maybe the baby is deformed, can't really breath well on it's own. Are the mother and doctor discussing whether they want the abnormal baby to suffocate, cuz mommy doesn't want it?
What medical care would you recommend for a baby born with Anencephaly?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anencephaly
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies