Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2019, 03:58 PM

9,254 posts, read 3,591,520 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post
Barr is so desperate he tries to undermine Mueller's memo as "snitty". Yet the radical right was saying a few weeks ago that if Mueller had an issue with Barr's summary, he would have said it. Now that Mueller is saying it, they try to discredit him. The usual tactics of defending the indefensible.
Yep - there were a lot of posters on this board, many of whom are actively defending Barr on this thread, who repeatedly hung their hat on the argument that we should blindly trust Barr’s interpretation because Mueller’s silence was proof it was accurate. Now that it appears that the opposite is true, these intellectually dishonest posters won’t eat their words.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2019, 04:02 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,277,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Amy KLUB-A-STAFFER decides to not ask questions of A.G. Barr but instead says she is going to give a speech but then can't resist asking A.G. Barr a question/questions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Democrats and Leftists are as bipolar as they come.
Amy wasn't being Bi-Polar -- she was collecting Campaign Video about all the Bills she is trying to pass and asking AG Barr to make commitments on those Bills. He said he would certainly look at them and be happy to work with her. She threw in a few questions in her last 30 seconds, but her entire purpose was to elevate herself in her campaign.

The bizarre questions came from Kamala Harris ..... all about attempting to establish that AG Barr did not "reinvestigate" all the Mueller findings/evidence. Sure sounded like she thought Mueller was incompetent and that AG Barr should have personally checked his work on his 445 page Report as Special Counsel. Really bizarre of Harris.

Old 05-01-2019, 04:02 PM

2,486 posts, read 826,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
So you're fine with a major newspaper printing a virulently anti-Semitic cartoon that is virtually identical to one put out by Nazis in 1940?
Of course they are!

They are hypocritic fools!

These people do not have a clue to how bad they are. I am ashamed to call them Americans at this point.

They are not!

They are spoiled brats pointing their ignorant fingers at everyone else for not being blind followers in duck step with their insanity.

This is REALLY becoming absurd.

How dare they claim "not my America" when THEY are the one's being aholes to the 10th!

Old 05-01-2019, 04:08 PM

46,307 posts, read 27,131,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Barr suggested today that Trumps attempted firing of Muller because of his ridiculous theory of conflicts doesn't make it corrupt, do you want to see the details of that from McGhan or you just don't care.

Where is your law degree from? Does it meet the threshold of being corrupt? Be specific, not your opinion, but show how there is enough evidence to go beyond a "reasonable doubt"....

2 of the top United States law enforcement officer, after 22ish months....and all those lawyers involved, and who knows who else was used, could not come to a conclusion? You agree, or you just don't care....

Old 05-01-2019, 04:17 PM

57,323 posts, read 26,245,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Amy wasn't being Bi-Polar -- she was collecting Campaign Video about all the Bills she is trying to pass and asking AG Barr to make commitments on those Bills. He said he would certainly look at them and be happy to work with her. She threw in a few questions in her last 30 seconds, but her entire purpose was to elevate herself in her campaign.

The bizarre questions came from Kamala Harris ..... all about attempting to establish that AG Barr did not "reinvestigate" all the Mueller findings/evidence. Sure sounded like she thought Mueller was incompetent and that AG Barr should have personally checked his work on his 445 page Report as Special Counsel. Really bizarre of Harris.
Kamala Harris' questions were pretty on point as to who decides charging in the DOJ, he also couldn't or wouldn't answer if Trump asked him to open an investigation. Tough questions but should have been simple yes or no answers.

17,440 posts, read 9,277,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Barr sounds shaky and Graham sounds goofy.

He's the chair of the Senate Judiciary Committee that is holding a hearing on a report that he states, "Can't say I read it all."

Good grief.
Serious Question here ..... how many of those Senators do you HONESTLY think have read that 445 page report?? I suspect only 2 of the Senators have read every word - Ted Cruz and Ben Sasse. On the up-side, the Senators have better Staff than the House Democrats do. They all use Staff to do the real work and grind out Talking Points for them .... that's why the Democrats want to bring in their Staff to interrogate AG Barr.

Senator Graham was the ONLY Senator that had the honesty to say "I haven't read it all" - he said he had read most of it, but not every word. The rest of them didn't say any way at all what they had read, but you could pretty much tell from their questions that they were pretty clueless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
Wow, going to give Sen. Ben Sasse his due, he just asked an excellent question. He's just gone straight to the top of the list of the few Republicans I respect. Actually a really important discussion we should be having.
Ben Sasse is one of our more interesting Senators -- very, very smart and knows a LOT about a LOT of things. I expect he is one of the very few who actually read this report himself - he doesn't strike me as a Senator that needs someone to spoon-feed him with something to say.

Sasse is a 'Man With a Plan' .... I fully expect him to run for President, but possibly after I'm long gone.
He is in no hurry and just keeps elevating his profile and keeps his nose to the grindstone.

8,924 posts, read 5,633,295 times
Miss Graham was running interference for Barr. What a drama queen. Barr is a known snake. Do some research and see what a low life partisan HACK he really is. When a politician says I don’t recall it’s just a way out of answering the question. Now, he is refusing to testify in the house. They need to LOCK HIM UP.

Old 05-01-2019, 04:21 PM

51,655 posts, read 25,850,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
Miss Graham was running interference for Barr. What a drama queen. Barr is a known snake. Do some research and see what a low life partisan HACK he really is. When a politician says I don’t recall it’s just a way out of answering the question. Now, he is refusing to testify in the house. They need to LOCK HIM UP.
Bar came off as a BSer and not a very good one at that.

Old 05-01-2019, 04:22 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,633,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Barr spanked their ass today......he corrected everyone and attempted to let them know that there are 2 sides, not what you feel is right. That's why there are thresholds within the law...called "burden of proof/reasonable doubt" the left has failed...again....with 22 months..... and who knows how many lawyers and everything else that went along with this investigation.....
Take the F ing blinders off. Too much Faux news for you....

Old 05-01-2019, 04:24 PM

2,486 posts, read 826,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
Take the F ing blinders off. Too much Faux news for you....

Says the horse chasing a carrot.

There is no cure for stupid. I wish there were.

I do notice that insanity of the left has been raised to psychotic. THAT tells me you people are REALLY worried. THAT is awesome!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies