Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2019, 05:49 PM

4,960 posts, read 2,241,281 times

Advertisements

I am not going to get into a prolonged argument here - disagree at will. But know that you are wrong if you do and you will ultimately be proven wrong just as the City Data poster was wrong when he disagreed with me that Trump would beat Clinton.

Bob Barr was not owned by the Democrats today. Per the Mueller report, there was no underlying crime. With no underlying crime, there is no obstruction of justice. Perhaps an obstruction of injustice, but not justice.

If the Democrat's only source of ideas going into 2020 is AOC, you will lose. And you will lose bigly. Democrat representatives have become a ****show.

And yes, I've read the Mueller report. And yes, Trump is an undisciplined ***hat. But he is genuine. And he is owning the Democrats and NeverTrumper's *** unless they genuinely begin working for average American's too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2019, 05:49 PM

7,826 posts, read 2,731,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Until he disappoints libs when he doesn’t give them what they want
Maybe some...but Mueller is the only person that will be able to put an end to this chapter in any significant way. Barr sure as hell hasn't.

Old 05-01-2019, 05:53 PM

51,655 posts, read 25,850,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
Why rely on a newspaper when you can read the letter yourself?

"March 27, 2019

The Honorable William P. Barr
Attorney General of the United States
Department of Justice
Washington, D.C.

Re: Report of the Special Counsel on the Investigation Into Russian Interference in the 2016 Presidential Election and Obstruction of Justice (March 2019)

Dear Attorney General Barr:

I previously sent you a letter dated March 25, 2019, that enclosed the introduction and executive summary for each volume of the Special Counsel's report marked with redactions to remove any information that potentially could be protected by Federal Rule of Criminal Procedure 6(e); that concerned declination decisions; or that related to a charged case. We also had marked an additional two sentences for review and have now confirmed that these sentences can be released publicly.

Accordingly, the enclosed documents are in a form that can be released to the public consistent with legal requirements and Department policies. I am requesting that you provide these materials to Congress and authorize their public release at this time.

As we stated in our meeting of March 5 and reiterated to the Department early in the afternoon of March 24, the introductions and executive summaries of our two-volume report accurately summarize this Office's work and conclusions. The summary letter the Department sent to Congress and released to the public late in the afternoon of March 24 did not fully capture the context, nature, and substance of this Office's work and conclusions. We communicated that concern to the Department on the morning of March 25. There is now public confusion about critical aspects of the results of our investigation. This threatens to undermine a central purpose for which the Department appointed the Special Counsel: to assure full public confidence in the outcome of the investigations. See Department of Justice, Press Release (May 17, 2017).

While we understand that the Department is reviewing the full report to determine what is appropriate for public release — a process that our Office is working with you to complete — that process need not delay release of the enclosed materials. Release at this time would alleviate the misunderstandings that have arisen and would answer congressional and public questions about the nature and outcome of our investigation. It would also accord with the standard for public release of notifications to Congress cited in your letter. See 28 C.F.R. § 609(c) ("the Attorney General may determine that public release" of congressional notifications "would be in the public interest").

Sincerely yours,

Robert S. Mueller, III
Special Counsel
Touché.

Old 05-01-2019, 05:53 PM

46,307 posts, read 27,131,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Nobody responded. Time's a wasting.

I'm glad Barr is taking a stand on this. There is no way he should allow himself to be the punching bag of a bunch of snotty lawyers in their 20s.

He was not a punching bag...he put many people in their places today....many tired to make a point with a questions and barr, very clearly stated that they are trying to take 2 situations and make them one, when they have to be 2 situations....

Old 05-01-2019, 05:55 PM

51,655 posts, read 25,850,631 times
The idea that it is beneath Barr's dignity to give straight answers to anyone, snotty or not, is ridiculous.

He's the Attorney General of the United States and House members want to know what he's up to.

Old 05-01-2019, 05:55 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,428,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Jasper View Post
I am not going to get into a prolonged argument here - disagree at will. But know that you are wrong if you do and you will ultimately be proven wrong just as the City Data poster was wrong when he disagreed with me that Trump would beat Clinton.

Bob Barr was not owned by the Democrats today. Per the Mueller report, there was no underlying crime. With no underlying crime, there is no obstruction of justice. Perhaps an obstruction of injustice, but not justice.

If the Democrat's only source of ideas going into 2020 is AOC, you will lose. And you will lose bigly. Democrat representatives have become a ****show.

And yes, I've read the Mueller report. And yes, Trump is an undisciplined ***hat. But he is genuine. And he is owning the Democrats and NeverTrumper's *** unless they genuinely begin working for average American's too.
He is genuine about his money and Russia. Trump needed Russia and Wikileaks to win. He barely scrapped the election win. The majority didn't vote FOR him. He has the lowest approval ratings in history and he has not been over 50%, he has 17 investigations pending. Trump isn't owing anyone but his attorneys and his base.

Old 05-01-2019, 06:00 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,512,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
He was not a punching bag...he put many people in their places today....many tired to make a point with a questions and barr, very clearly stated that they are trying to take 2 situations and make them one, when they have to be 2 situations....
I agree. He DID put people in their places. And some of them were practically accusing him of protecting a treasonous president, the worst being that senator from Hawaii.

By "punching bag," I meant what would happen if he appears tomorrow. The Democrats know that they have to observe some semblance of decency, but if they can get their lackeys to question Barr - which is what they're planning to do tomorrow - the hearing will descend into a level of hostility we haven't yet seen. (Hard to imagine it could be worse, but it could.)

What possible reason would the Nasty Dems have for siccing their staffers on Barr, rather than question him themselves?

Old 05-01-2019, 06:00 PM

10,513 posts, read 5,171,947 times
Watch Barr stammer and fumble when Sen. Kamala Harris asked if the White House ever suggested that he open an investigation into anyone:

https://youtu.be/ktdi_L0rYkk

Barr's a liar. That's been established already. Now this video shows he's not very good at lying -- his stammering and body language give it away...

Old 05-01-2019, 06:01 PM

27,660 posts, read 16,151,349 times
Embarrassing for the dems if they had shame. Two years deranged investment down the drain. I think theyre afraid Barr is going to expose the sham insurance policy/coup. I’d be looking over my shoulder if I were Barr.

Old 05-01-2019, 06:06 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,512,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Embarrassing for the dems if they had shame. Two years deranged investment down the drain. I think theyre afraid Barr is going to expose the sham insurance policy/coup. I’d be looking over my shoulder if I were Barr.
He made it obvious that he's investigating that. That's why the Dems are working overtime to deligitimize him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies