Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2019, 06:08 PM

4,960 posts, read 2,241,281 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post
He is genuine about his money and Russia. Trump needed Russia and Wikileaks to win. He barely scrapped the election win. The majority didn't vote FOR him. He has the lowest approval ratings in history and he has not been over 50%, he has 17 investigations pending. Trump isn't owing anyone but his attorneys and his base.
I'd be too if I posted such a useless, unintelligent post lacking any evidence or context as a rebuttal to mine.

See you in 2020.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2019, 06:15 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,916,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
No he did not and no the report did not, the report specifically says they had insufficient evidence to proceed/recommend criminal charges.
You forget it is actually not (yet) possible to criminally charge or civilally sue a sitting President.

Old 05-01-2019, 06:18 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,571,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
And when Barr pressed Mueller in the phone. Mueller admitted the summary wasn’t inaccurate

Basically Mueller or someone in his team is throwing a hissy fit because the media coverage of Trump wasn’t negative enough after his report was finalized.
Except that is not what Mueller has stated.

The complaint about media coverage was to complain that Barr's summary was being covered as an accurate account of the Mueller report, " ...causing confusion "

It wasn't. We KNOW that now.

Old 05-01-2019, 06:18 PM

37,195 posts, read 19,232,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy64 View Post
Maybe some...but Mueller is the only person that will be able to put an end to this chapter in any significant way. Barr sure as hell hasn't.
Mueller has been confirmed to testify on the 15th. I'm certain the questions he is asked are going to be epic, and his repsponses devastating.

Barr, meanwhile, is going to try to hide and lick his wounds. Nadler has said if he doesn't negotiate an appearance in good faith in 24 hours, a contempt citation will be issued. We may see AG Barr in jail before this is over. That is certainly within the purview of the House.

Old 05-01-2019, 06:19 PM

9,254 posts, read 3,591,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
No he did not and no the report did not, the report specifically says they had insufficient evidence to proceed/recommend criminal charges.
Completely false. The report expressly says Mueller would not opine as to whether the evidence was sufficient because of the OLC guidelines. It’s right there in black and white.

What’s with the easily disprovable falsehoods on this thread? Do you guys just assume people won’t read the Mueller report or letter to Barr and just take your word for what’s in there? I read it. I’m not falling for this tomfoolery.

Old 05-01-2019, 06:20 PM

37,195 posts, read 19,232,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
The idea that it is beneath Barr's dignity to give straight answers to anyone, snotty or not, is ridiculous.

He's the Attorney General of the United States and House members want to know what he's up to.
More specifically, who he represents, the United States or Donald Trump. The House will get an answer, one way or another.

Old 05-01-2019, 06:20 PM

4,960 posts, read 2,241,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Watch Barr stammer and fumble when Sen. Kamala Harris asked if the White House ever suggested that he open an investigation into anyone:

https://youtu.be/ktdi_L0rYkk

Barr's a liar. That's been established already. Now this video shows he's not very good at lying -- his stammering and body language give it away...
He seemed respectful to her frequent interruptions while she questioned the veracity of the Mueller report.

Mueller issued his report and Barr accepted it as is and summarized it "accurately" per Mueller's admission.

But hey, don't let facts get in the way of your losing narrative.

I honestly can't blame you as the only person in the Democratic party proposing ideas is AOC.

Old 05-01-2019, 06:21 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,625,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Jasper View Post
I am not going to get into a prolonged argument here - disagree at will. But know that you are wrong if you do and you will ultimately be proven wrong just as the City Data poster was wrong when he disagreed with me that Trump would beat Clinton.

Bob Barr was not owned by the Democrats today. Per the Mueller report, there was no underlying crime. With no underlying crime, there is no obstruction of justice. Perhaps an obstruction of injustice, but not justice.

If the Democrat's only source of ideas going into 2020 is AOC, you will lose. And you will lose bigly. Democrat representatives have become a ****show.

And yes, I've read the Mueller report. And yes, Trump is an undisciplined ***hat. But he is genuine. And he is owning the Democrats and NeverTrumper's *** unless they genuinely begin working for average American's too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post
He is genuine about his money and Russia. Trump needed Russia and Wikileaks to win. He barely scrapped the election win. The majority didn't vote FOR him. He has the lowest approval ratings in history and he has not been over 50%, he has 17 investigations pending. Trump isn't owing anyone but his attorneys and his base.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Jasper View Post
I'd be too if I posted such a useless, unintelligent post lacking any evidence or context as a rebuttal to mine.

See you in 2020.
KayAnne for the win. Barr was owned and again caught in the act of lying. He cancelled his questioning tomorrow because he knows he has lost. He needs to resign now.

By the way, the Mueller report was just a report of the investigation. Nothing less or nothing more. It was meant for Congress to make decisions on.

Old 05-01-2019, 06:21 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,103,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Mueller has been confirmed to testify on the 15th. I'm certain the questions he is asked are going to be epic, and his repsponses devastating.

Barr, meanwhile, is going to try to hide an lick his wounds. Nadler has said if he doesn't negotiate an appearance in good faith in 24 hours, a contempt citation will be issued. We may see AG Barr in jail before this is over. That is certainly within the purview of the House.
Put him in a cell with Manafort. They should get along well.

Old 05-01-2019, 06:22 PM

5,731 posts, read 2,196,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Embarrassing for the dems if they had shame. Two years deranged investment down the drain. I think theyre afraid Barr is going to expose the sham insurance policy/coup. I’d be looking over my shoulder if I were Barr.
That’s exactly what I think it is. They want to discredit Barr as much as possible before he starts finding answers. What are the Dems hiding here?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies