Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2019, 10:17 AM

37,110 posts, read 41,284,508 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
I am sure you would just love insurance premiums raised for every man, woman, and child who does not get their yearly flu shots as well.
Or those who do get them could get a discount on their premiums.

Old 05-04-2019, 10:31 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,753,600 times
The Bill that died on the Senate floor in Colorado was written by a GSK lobbyist. The vaccines that the Co Rep wanted to add to the schedule were all vaccines made by GSK. The group that was pushing for this bill was led by this lobbyists and was disguised as a parent led group due to concerns. GSK stood to make a lot of money if this bill passed. Thankfully it didn’t go anywhere because real parents raised concerns and at least the Republican legislators listened.

Arizona and Idaho have both introduced legislation to make it easier for people to get vaccine exemptions. I guess not all states are trying to make them harder.

Old 05-04-2019, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
The Bill that died on the Senate floor in Colorado was written by a GSK lobbyist. The vaccines that the Co Rep wanted to add to the schedule were all vaccines made by GSK. The group that was pushing for this bill was led by this lobbyists and was disguised as a parent led group due to concerns. GSK stood to make a lot of money if this bill passed. Thankfully it didn’t go anywhere because real parents raised concerns and at least the Republican legislators listened.

Arizona and Idaho have both introduced legislation to make it easier for people to get vaccine exemptions. I guess not all states are trying to make them harder.
Please tell us exactly how much money GSK would make, since you seem to have inside info. Thanks.

Edited to add: Break it down by vaccine while you are at it.

Last edited by suzy_q2010; 05-04-2019 at 11:39 AM..

Old 05-04-2019, 11:31 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,492,759 times
Quote:

1 do you have proof of this???

2. vaccinations help the community... not getting vaccinations hurt the community...

so do you want to be part of the society/community...or do you want to be a loner/slacker???

Old 05-04-2019, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Please tell us exactly how much money GSK would make, since you seem to have inside info. Thanks.

Defensive much?

Old 05-04-2019, 11:38 AM

5,644 posts, read 13,231,635 times
Quote:

Where did you get that information from??

One of your anti vaxxer propaganda sites???

"Mullica, a Democrat who represents a district in the Denver area, said he started looking at options to improve this. This week, a bill he sponsored to tighten vaccination protocols for parents raised hopes among public health groups. It died in the state Senate on Thursday afternoon."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.6a8baa183a8b

At least people in Washington State had the benefit of common sense and effective legislators

In Washington, the state’s Senate passed a bill in April to eliminate personal and philosophical exemptions to vaccines after the state’s worst measles outbreak in two decades.

"REAL" parents shouldn't have to worry about their children being exposed to vaccine preventable illnesses, unfortunately rabid Anti vaxxers who made death threats against the ER Nurse turned House Representative who sponsored the vaccine bill are making inroads with uneducated parents...

Lastly since you brought politics into the discussion and believe "Republicans saved the day"

Maybe you should listen to your "Republican in Chief"

"On the other side of the aisle, President Donald Trump also weighed in Friday. He told reporters outside the White House that people in places such as New York “have to get the shot. The vaccinations are so important.”
https://www.denverpost.com/2019/04/2...polis-measles/

Old 05-04-2019, 11:39 AM

5,644 posts, read 13,231,635 times
Quote:
Defensive much?
Report "Fake News" to support your anti vaxxer status much?

Old 05-04-2019, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Defensive much?
I take it you cannot support your statement.

Old 05-04-2019, 12:38 PM

I live in Colorado and have watched the process closely from start to finish and was active in trying to get it shut down. That’s where I learned about it. It is true that the all but one of Republicans were against it and all but two democrats were for it. I think Donald Trump is crazy and he has nothing to do with this. I have been a democrat most of my life but not so sure after this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
Where did you get that information from??

One of your anti vaxxer propaganda sites???

"Mullica, a Democrat who represents a district in the Denver area, said he started looking at options to improve this. This week, a bill he sponsored to tighten vaccination protocols for parents raised hopes among public health groups. It died in the state Senate on Thursday afternoon."

At least people in Washington State had the benefit of common sense and effective legislators

In Washington, the state’s Senate passed a bill in April to eliminate personal and philosophical exemptions to vaccines after the state’s worst measles outbreak in two decades.

"REAL" parents shouldn't have to worry about their children being exposed to vaccine preventable illnesses, unfortunately rabid Anti vaxxers who made death threats against the ER Nurse turned House Representative who sponsored the vaccine bill are making inroads with uneducated parents...

Lastly since you brought politics into the discussion and believe "Republicans saved the day"

Maybe you should listen to your "Republican in Chief"

"On the other side of the aisle, President Donald Trump also weighed in Friday. He told reporters outside the White House that people in places such as New York “have to get the shot. The vaccinations are so important.”
https://www.denverpost.com/2019/04/2...polis-measles/

Old 05-04-2019, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
I take it you cannot support your statement.

You’ve talked proudly about your math skills before so I’m sure you could do the calculations. I don’t really care though if you believe it or not. The Bill FAILED! . It’s pretty obvious that they would make money with the addition of several vaccines and it’s also very easy to verify their involvement in this bill.

Have a nice day!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies