Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2019, 10:27 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,757,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
Anti vaxxers post comments claiming vaccines cause autism. They question if the person even had a VPD. Both happened to the Mom in the included link. Or do you think she was attacked by vaccine scientists, pediatricians and people who vaccinate?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.al....outputType=amp
Parent of children who got their children vaccinated and then watched them regress into autism are not “anti-vaxxers”. That’s insane.

Prove that the people posting comments on that page are actually anti-vaxxers. You made the claim and now you need to prove it. Just because people posted comments does not mean they are “anti-vaxxers”. Just like you believe that healthy babies who die shortly after getting their vaccines die of SIDS, not any possible link to vaccines. Just like you don’t believe that there’s any possibility to vaccinations have anything to do with cases where children regress into autism post vaccine. Just because people made comments does not mean that they are actually “anti-vaxxers”. So prove it.

Old 05-06-2019, 10:27 AM

10,920 posts, read 6,915,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Yeah, like the over $800,000 hospital bill to treat a child with tetanus - whose parents refused to let him finish the vaccine series after vaccines helped save his life.
Parents that do this infuriate me to no end.

And they endanger the life of their children. Sickening.

Old 05-06-2019, 10:28 AM

10,920 posts, read 6,915,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Parent of children who got their children vaccinated and then watched them regress into autism are not “anti-vaxxers”. That’s insane.

Prove that the people posting comments on that page are actually anti-vaxxers. You made the claim and now you need to prove it.
There is no connection to autism.

Anyone that thinks a vaccine caused their child's autism is incorrectly linking them.

Old 05-06-2019, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post

Anyone that thinks a vaccine caused their child's autism is incorrectly linking them.
I don’t believe that vaccines are a factor in all autism cases but do see evidence that they are a factor in some and that’s even been proven as with the case of Hannah Poling. A lot of parent who watched their healthy kids regress post vaccine would also disagree with you.

Old 05-06-2019, 10:35 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,954,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post

Repeating something over and over does not make it true. There is not enough evidence to prove that vaccines do not cause autism. And saying vaccines do not cause autism means that any NEW vaccines are also though to "not cause autism." Which is beyond unscientific. You can't prove something that hasn't been manufactured yet causes or doesn't cause anything. Just because it is repeated. Ever see idiocracy? "Brawndo. It's what plants crave. It's got electrolytes."

I think of it every time I hear that phrase about autism. Because it has not been proved. Although lots and lost of people think it has. Because they just keep repeating it.

Old 05-06-2019, 10:37 AM

Sure you’ll be interesting to see some more studies on this subject.
https://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...64410X0800100X

Quote:
Here, array technology was used to assess the expression kinetics of immune response genes with association to asthma and allergy in peripheral blood mononuclear cells (PBMC) of five healthy infants after vaccination with Infanrix-Polio + Hib. At 12 h after in vitro re-stimulation of the PBMC with pertussis toxin (PT) antigen, 14 immune response pathways, 33 allergy-related and 66 asthma-related genes were found activated.

Old 05-06-2019, 10:38 AM

11,411 posts, read 7,812,838 times
Quote:
What do you propose then? It sounds like you are speaking out of both sides of your mouth. They have the right not to vaccinate but don’t have the right be around other people because there’s a slight, minuscule chance they might have an illness that a vaccine happens to exist for? You want to ban them from society but still believe they have choice? Really confusing stance.
I want waivers only for those with medically contraindicated reasons not to vaccinate. I also would like parents who can’t get these to have the option to use online public school or homeschool instead regardless of their child’s vaccination status. Unvaccinated kids educated or cared for at home pose no risk to kids sitting in a public classroom.

Kids need to go to daycare and school since most parents work and they need educations. These places (and anywhere else where people are in close contact) are the perfect conditions for spreading measles. Parents of infants too young to be vaccinated or of school age kids who cannot medically be vaccinated can avoid places like malls and parks during measles outbreaks, but they should not have to be impacted financially or otherwise by people who don’t want to vaccinate just because.

In other words, I prefer that those who choose not to vaccinate for reasons other than medical ones bear the consequences of that choice instead of burdening parents who don’t have a choice.

Old 05-06-2019, 10:42 AM

11,411 posts, read 7,812,838 times
Quote:

Prove that the people posting comments on that page are actually anti-vaxxers. You made the claim and now you need to prove it. Just because people posted comments does not mean they are “anti-vaxxers”. Just like you believe that healthy babies who die shortly after getting their vaccines die of SIDS, not any possible link to vaccines. Just like you don’t believe that there’s any possibility to vaccinations have anything to do with cases where children regress into autism post vaccine. Just because people made comments does not mean that they are actually “anti-vaxxers”. So prove it.
LOL. Yes, it was parents who vaccinate that harassed the mother for saying people should vaccinate. Or maybe it was pediatricians who fire parents for non vaccination. Or maybe it was pharmas who sell vaccines. So much deflection.

When you hear hoofbeats, think horses not zebras.

Old 05-06-2019, 10:44 AM

Quote:
I want waivers only for those with medically contraindicated reasons not to vaccinate. I also would like parents who can’t get these to have the option to use online public school or homeschool instead regardless of their child’s vaccination status. Unvaccinated kids educated or cared for at home pose no risk to kids sitting in a public classroom.

Kids need to go to daycare and school since most parents work and they need educations. These places (and anywhere else where people are in close contact) are the perfect conditions for spreading measles. Parents of infants too young to be vaccinated or of school age kids who cannot medically be vaccinated can avoid places like malls and parks during measles outbreaks, but they should not have to be impacted financially or otherwise by people who don’t want to vaccinate just because.

In other words, I prefer that those who choose not to vaccinate for reasons other than medical ones bear the consequences of that choice instead of burdening parents who don’t have a choice.
You’re willing to give up a lot of control people should have over their bodies all because of measles. I’m glad everyone is not so extreme. I’m really glad that the Bill in my state didn’t pass.

Old 05-06-2019, 10:47 AM

Quote:
LOL. Yes, it was parents who vaccinate that harassed the mother for saying people should vaccinate. Or maybe it was pediatricians who fire parents for non vaccination. Or maybe it was pharmas who sell vaccines?

When you hear hoofbeats, think horses not zebras.
You haven’t proven anything. It very well could have been trolls. It could have been groups trying to further demonize anti-vaxxers posing as them. You have no proof. You believe what you want though.

If your healthy baby dies after vaccines you’ll think it had nothing to do with vaccines though, I’m sure.

When you hear hoofbeats you’ll think zebras in that case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies