Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2019, 08:58 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,952,008 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
People die everyday, UNC. It’s 100% true that the picture is photoshopped.
And with the hORRENDOUS outbreak, why there should be thousands and thousands of pictures available to use, right?

I have no problem with using photoshop .... as long it is VERY CLEAR when published that the image is not real.

And in this case, they pretended it was a real patient. Why would they lie? Didn't they have a billion photos from the thousands and thousands of current cases?

Oh. right.

Old 05-06-2019, 09:03 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,753,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
The discussion is people who die of measles not the overall rate of death. It’s also 100% true that an 18 month old died of measles despite modern medical intervention trying to save him.

We don’t know a lot of details in regards to his case. It is true though that people die everyday and of things that could have been prevented. No one has died in the US in our current outbreak yet people are freaking out.

Old 05-06-2019, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
And with the hORRENDOUS outbreak, why there should be thousands and thousands of pictures available to use, right?

I have no problem with using photoshop .... as long it is VERY CLEAR when published that the image is not real.

And in this case, they pretended it was a real patient. Why would they lie? Didn't they have a billion photos from the thousands and thousands of current cases?

Oh. right.
Another news source in Texas recently used a photo of a baby who had suffered and adverse reaction to the MMR vaccine as their photo of a baby with measles. When they got caught by the parent of that child, they quickly retracted the article and apologized.

Old 05-06-2019, 09:06 AM

11,411 posts, read 7,810,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
The last person in the US to die of measles was not a child, but an adult woman in Washington who was immune compromised. This is why parents in the past wanted children to catch these diseases. Far more dangerous in adults than children, well at least in the US. None have died in the current outbreaks in the US.
Do you believe no one will die of measles in the US even as cases and outbreaks continue to climb? Do you believe we have some sort of ability to save people that other first world nations lack? It may not happen this month or even this year, but it will happen.

Old 05-06-2019, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Where? Post the link. I am a bit older than you. Knew many kids growing up who had measles. Defiinitely not ALL looked like the baby's picture. None were hospitalized, or even went to doctors. I have said many, many times that I had measles when I was 6 months old. I believe the figures being quoted are 400/500 deaths out of 4 or 5 MILLION back then. 1%? You do the math on how many deaths to expect out of 700 cases, especially in children.

Sad my generation has seen far more children with measles than doctors have today.
It’s one of the links I already posted.

Old 05-06-2019, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Do you believe no one will die of measles in the US even as cases and outbreaks continue to climb? Do you believe we have some sort of ability to save people that other first world nations lack? It may not happen this month or even this year, but it will happen.
I’m not Jo but of course someone could die in the US from measles. Even if we had a higher vaccination rate, it could happen. The last death from measles in the US occurred in Washington State and there wasn’t even an outbreak there. People can die from illness. We haven’t had one yet from this measles outbreak but people are still freaking out and using it to push vaccines on all.

Old 05-06-2019, 09:16 AM

Quote:
We don’t know a lot of details in regards to his case. It is true though that people die everyday and of things that could have been prevented. No one has died in the US in our current outbreak yet people are freaking out.
Typical anti vax reply. If someone dies of a VPD they claim there’s not enough detail to prove it. Or they say the patient died of pneumonia and not the measles while ignoring the fact that the measles caused the pneumonia.

In an anti vaxxers view no one ever dies of a VPD. They die in droves from vaccines, but polio and mumps and whooping cough and measles are just benign diseases we shouldn’t worry about. In fact, we should make sure our kids get these they’re so darn good for their health.

Old 05-06-2019, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Typical anti vax reply. If someone dies of a VPD they claim there’s not enough detail to prove it. Or they say the patient died of pneumonia and not the measles while ignoring the fact that the measles caused the pneumonia.

In an anti vaxxers view no one ever dies of a VPD. They die in droves from vaccines, but polio and mumps and whooping cough and measles are just benign diseases we shouldn’t worry about. In fact, we should make sure our kids get these they’re so darn good for their health.
“Typical anti-vax reply”. I’m sure you know that my kids have had vaccines. Not all of them but still, how does that make me an “anti-vaxxer”? That’s just a derogatory slur used to try to discredit me. It’s bullying.

I just posted that of course people can and do die from measles. I just happen to think the level of panic and fear is out of proportion with the situation.

Old 05-06-2019, 09:20 AM

Quote:
I’m not Jo but of course someone could die in the US from measles. Even if we had a higher vaccination rate, it could happen. The last death from measles in the US occurred in Washington State and there wasn’t even an outbreak there. People can die from illness. We haven’t had one yet from this measles outbreak but people are still freaking out and using it to push vaccines on all.
No. Not for all. Just for those without a medically contraindicated reason not to vaccinate. We’re seeing the results of allowing our vaccination rates to fall. Or do you disagree that measles cases and outbreaks are on the rise in the US and many other countries? Do you disagree that the increase is directly related to falling vaccination rates?

Old 05-06-2019, 09:24 AM

Quote:
“Typical anti-vax reply”. I’m sure you know that my kids have had vaccines. Not all of them but still, how does that make me an “anti-vaxxer”? That’s just a derogatory slur used to try to discredit me. It’s bullying.

I just posted that of course people can and do die from measles. I just happen to think the level of panic and fear is out of proportion with the situation.
You’re calling plays from the anti vax playbook despite your kids being vaccinated. That’s why I used the words anti vaxxer. A mother recently posted on FB that people should vaccinate after her baby had the measles. Anti vaxxers attacked her with claims that her child didn’t have the measles and must have been sick from something else. That’s anti vax 101.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies