Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2019, 02:51 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,435,284 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Wow you start a topic and this is the only way you seem to be able to defend the premise based on WaPo nonsense. Ad hominem.

It speaks for itself.

Most of us don't agree with the premise of that article.
No the only way you can defend your orange god is by throwing out facts and embracing fake alternative conspiracy bull****.

Those who fall victim to that pattern of perception are generally low information.

This is definitely not exclusive to the right but their inability to accept any imperfections in this POTUS is the most clear recent example of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2019, 02:52 PM

7,102 posts, read 6,003,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
This isn’t a “poll.”

I’d like you to put up, though. I’m waiting for you to find these 371 former prosecutors you think you can “easily” find to put their pen to paper and endorse a conclusion that Trump’s actions are not prosecutable even in the absence of the OLC guidelines.
Same here... Show me yours and I'll show you mine...

Old 05-06-2019, 02:53 PM

25,456 posts, read 9,849,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
There are probably 500 Conservative Prosecutors who disagree.

Luckily we don't let all these people have a vote. If we did Hillary would also be in Jail.
How do you know some of these prosecutors aren't conservative?

Old 05-06-2019, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
How do you know some of these prosecutors aren't conservative?
Because of the source and the agenda behind it.

Old 05-06-2019, 02:55 PM

9,254 posts, read 3,599,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
Same here... Show me yours and I'll show you mine...
There is a link to the source document signed by 370+ former prosecutors on this thread. Where’s the link to your 371 contrarian prosecutors’ memo you said you could “easily” provide?

Old 05-06-2019, 02:56 PM

2,324 posts, read 2,911,427 times
371 city data posters think the truth is in Ivankas emails

Old 05-06-2019, 02:56 PM

25,456 posts, read 9,849,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wisemanoncesaid View Post
because of the source and the agenda behind it.
Will this do?
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ex-...-not-president

You can see a list of their names and who they served under. You'll notice several served under Trump.

Old 05-06-2019, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBurgh View Post
371 city data posters think the truth is in Ivankas emails
I read the article once and skimmed through it another time. Care to show me which paragraph you're referring to? Cause I don't see no link...

The only reference to the list is in the attached video in which Corey Booker says it polling data.

Old 05-06-2019, 02:57 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,435,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
Because of the source and the agenda behind it.
No you don't. That's a completely absurd conclusion being driven from an inability to accept that other people are capable of approaching an analysis from anything other than a partisan political perspective.

Lawyers are generally apolitical in nature, it's not until you get to SCOTUS level that a greater percentage of the legal cases take on a more political character.

Even the conservative Fox judge Napolitano agreed that as a legal matter, Mueller's evidence constituted obstruction.

Old 05-06-2019, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
No you don't. That's a completely absurd conclusion being driven from an inability to accept that other people are capable of approaching an analysis from anything other than a partisan political perspective.

Lawyers are generally apolitical in nature, it's not until you get to SCOTUS level that a greater percentage of the legal cases take on a more political character.

Even the conservative Fox judge Napolitano agreed that as a legal matter, Mueller's evidence constituted obstruction.
The statement — signed by myriad former career government employees as well as high-profile political appointees — offers a rebuttal to Attorney General William P. Barr’s determination that the evidence Mueller uncovered was “not sufficient” to establish that Trump committed a crime.

Saying that people don't agree with Mueller's report and would sign their name to it is like saying people agree with Mueller's report and would sign their name to it... tit for tat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies