Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2019, 03:56 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,539,319 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Trump is above the law while he’s president. His troubles will begin in the aftermath of his presidency.
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Yes I’m saying that the fact that first part is true is unacceptable. And we need to change that.
This. IF said president is breaking whatever laws we shouldn’t have to wait until they are out of office to arrest them, etc. this law needs to change.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2019, 04:48 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,605,343 times
Well, too bad those prosecutors were not in the position to make the official call......too bad, so sad.

People can vote-out Trump if they buy into the Democrats wild fables.

Old 05-07-2019, 04:50 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post

We live in a nation of mesmerized nitwits.
Must be miserable to live life demonstrating such ire 63,000,000 of your fellow Americans.

Old 05-07-2019, 04:53 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Small point -- but Trump was not investigated for collusion - it is not a criminal 'term' -- conspiracy. I'm not sure why Trump and fans insist on using collusion when it was conspiracy that Mueller was investigating. Is there some weird belief that collusion is a better term? I'm confused by it.

Can you tell me where you get the 98,000 federal prosecutor figure. I tried earlier to find and had no luck.

BUT That's what I was thinking. In the greater scheme of things -- how many do these folks represent.

i.e. "I know you are right. But I'm loath to admit it. So I'll make a post about stupid nonsense to distract from it".

Bottom Line - Trump did nothing wrong. You guys were triggered yet again by a rag that has lied to you for 2+ years. But your derangement is so complete, you simply can't let it go, no matter what.

Old 05-07-2019, 04:56 PM

15,293 posts, read 17,687,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
The problem with your "absurd DOJ policy that Mueller felt he had to follow" analysis is that Mueller specifically said his conclusion (or lack thereof) was not impacted by the DOJ policy. He was still free to recommend prosecution even if he was not free to bring the indictment himself.

So to answer your question, here's what you do: either impeach him and remove him from office, or vote him out in 2020. If neither happens, then what those 370 signatories think doesn't amount to a pile of swamp mud.
Your reference for that? He said exactly the opposite in his report.

Old 05-07-2019, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Give it a rest folks - you want to go back and open the can of worms where Obama knew about Russian interference and did nothing about it and Hillary and her crew were involved in more sh*t where she was let off.

I'll very gladly let you have Trump once we see Obama, Holder and Hillary serving prison terms for their involvement.
It's not true that Obama did nothing, but he should probably have publicly accused the Republican Party of complicity. McConnell knew about it and covered it up. Trump knew about it and shot his mouth off about it in campaign rallies. Clinton and Trump sparred about it in debates.

Quote:
Former Vice President Joe Biden also has complained that the White House wanted Republicans to join in a bipartisan statement announcing and condemning the interference campaign. In Biden's telling, however, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., wouldn't go along.
The reason the US did nothing was probably that we didn't have the technical team assembled to do anything. The Russians were rolling full speed when we first found out about it.

The claim that Obama did nothing is just one more Trump lie. The real question is why Trump has done nothing in the intervening three years.

Old 05-07-2019, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
That's not how it works. If he truly thought he committed a crime he would have said so for impeachment reasons. He said there wasn't enough evidence to conclude any crime had been committed.
That's exactly what he said. He said he was not proceeding because of the DoJ policy of not indicting sitting presidents, and it was up to Congress to deal with the 11 specific charges he listed.

He also said that there was ample evidence of felony obstruction.

Old 05-07-2019, 05:28 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,812,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
https://beta.washingtonpost.com/worl...27a_story.html

So here we have it folks.

The president is above the law.

The evidence would have been sufficient for an indictment apart from the absurd DOJ policy that the president is above the law that Mueller felt he had to follow.

How can we fix this?

I realize this has not been given great consideration before since he haven’t had a president so willfully hostile to our laws and system of government before but this has to change.

No one can be above the law.
The thing is, Trump is a means to an end for his base and they aren't going to care about this. All that really matters is what Trump's #MAGA supporters believe because they hold all the power in this country right now. It doesn't matter if 100% of prosecutors think Trump should be indicted. If Sean Hannity, Limbaugh, and Jerry Falwell Jr disagree, that's what we have to live with.

Old 05-07-2019, 05:35 PM

4,445 posts, read 1,449,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
That's exactly what he said. He said he was not proceeding because of the DoJ policy of not indicting sitting presidents, and it was up to Congress to deal with the 11 specific charges he listed.

He also said that there was ample evidence of felony obstruction.
I find it hard to believe that a special prosecutor and former director of the FBI was unaware of the DoJ policy to not indict a sitting president. Seems like an important question to ask when the primary focus of your job is to evaluate the evidence and make a recommendation to the AG to prosecute or not. Mueller has to prove guilt. Trump doesn't have to prove innocence. Unless the presumption of innocence until proven guilty is only for leftists.

I like how Scott Adams put it: The democrats went elephant hunting and shot 12 squirrels. LOL.

Old 05-07-2019, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
There is a link to the source document signed by 370+ former prosecutors on this thread. Where’s the link to your 371 contrarian prosecutors’ memo you said you could “easily” provide?
The current count is over 600.

It's also difficult to dismiss it as "fake news" when the full text is online.

https://medium.com/@dojalumni/statem...s-8ab7691c2aa1
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies