Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2019, 08:22 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,930,579 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
This Trump Presidency has opened my eyes to lots of things about the federal govt.

There are safeguards that some of the other failing countries in the world didn't or don't have that add to the integrity of our govt....but this whole President can't be charged with a crime is a little disturbing. And there are other things that suggest we may not have all the safeguards we think we do or should have.

And I'm a little surprised how Americans seem to be okay with that.
I'm not surprised.

When 25% of the voting public could place a vote for an obvious con-man and huckster like Donald Trump? And then continue to support him no matter how much damage he does to our system of government? That will support him regardless of the fact that he clearly has no morals or values and does not believe in America as we once knew it?

We live in a nation of mesmerized nitwits.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2019, 08:23 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,024,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
There are ~98000 prosecutors in the goverment now. Maybe 10X that number who fall into the former category. This would be 0.03%. hahahahahahahaha

You guys are beyond ridiculous in your WaPo inspired Trump derangement.

Let's get this straight: TRUMP WAS FOUND INNOCENT OF RUSSIAN COLLUSION.
Small point -- but Trump was not investigated for collusion - it is not a criminal 'term' -- conspiracy. I'm not sure why Trump and fans insist on using collusion when it was conspiracy that Mueller was investigating. Is there some weird belief that collusion is a better term? I'm confused by it.

Can you tell me where you get the 98,000 federal prosecutor figure. I tried earlier to find and had no luck.

BUT That's what I was thinking. In the greater scheme of things -- how many do these folks represent.

Old 05-07-2019, 08:24 AM

14,834 posts, read 7,416,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
Not an underlying crime by Trump or anyone related to him. That is not hard to understand, which means "not an underlying crime" for purposes of the discussion.
No it doesn’t. The discussion was whether the investigation was legitimate because of an underlying crime being investigated, which there was. Obviously we didn’t know before the investigation began whether any Trump people were involved. It certainly appeared that they could be given their extensive contacts with the Russians.

Old 05-07-2019, 08:27 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,930,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
The irony is staggering.

You seem unaware of the fact that the criminals who started the illegal surveillance of the Trump campaign and who proceeded with an attempt to frame him to remove from office were LAWYERS in the DOJ -- precisely the class of people who are offering the dubious "opinions" you find so convincing.
Whatever lets you sleep at night my friend - it's a free country for now. Just keep on believing this until the day you realize that you voted against your own interests.

Old 05-07-2019, 09:21 AM

9,984 posts, read 5,686,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
That's completely untrue. The first 3 pages of Volume II expressly lay out that his lack of conclusion was driven almost exclusively by the OLC policy regarding indictments of sitting Presidents.
Eh, no it doesn't. The OLC rule does nothing to prevent the OIC from reaching a conclusion about whether prosecutable offense was committed, otherwise the obstruction of justice investigation could have and should have ended right at Page 3. In fact, reaching a conclusion was the OIC's specific mandate and Mueller demurred in spite of of that mandate.

Mueller does explain however that the OIC would have tread lightly with or without the OLC rule. Barr has now testified twice, under oath, that Mueller clearly stated his decision to punt was NOT motivated by the OLC guidelines. If Mueller ever indicates those conversations went otherwise, I'd be perfectly content to see Barr impeached and kicked out of office.

So I repeat: the OP's question of "how do we proceed from here" is answered in one of two ways: 1) Congress impeaches and removes the President, or 2) the electorate removes the President in November 2020.

Old 05-07-2019, 02:44 PM

7,103 posts, read 5,987,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
So then it should be easy to fulfill your promise and post a link to a counter argument signed by a bi-partisan group of 371 former prosecutors. So where’s the link?
Same here, where's the list?

Old 05-07-2019, 02:47 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,438,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
There are probably 500 Conservative Prosecutors who disagree.

Luckily we don't let all these people have a vote. If we did Hillary would also be in Jail.
Hillary in Jail for having her email stolen by Russia.
Putin Conservative balogne.

Old 05-07-2019, 03:31 PM

9,254 posts, read 3,589,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
Same here, where's the list?
https://medium.com/@dojalumni/statem...s-8ab7691c2aa1

Your turn

Old 05-07-2019, 03:34 PM

18,460 posts, read 8,287,342 times
"Signatories have been vetted to the best of our ability."

LOL...in other words they didn't

Old 05-07-2019, 03:38 PM

9,254 posts, read 3,589,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
"Signatories have been vetted to the best of our ability."

LOL...in other words they didn't
Stick your head further down if you like. The sand gets better the deeper you go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies