Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2019, 05:42 PM

25,436 posts, read 9,796,800 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Well, too bad those prosecutors were not in the position to make the official call......too bad, so sad.

People can vote-out Trump if they buy into the Democrats wild fables.
How is it a wild fable that 600 prosecutors would have indicted Trump for obstruction? Sounds like reality to me. Unfortunately, Mueller didn't go far enough. Guess he left that up to Congress.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2019, 05:46 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 24 days ago)

27,637 posts, read 16,120,970 times
Childrens games. Meanwhile 10s of 1000s arent playing

Old 05-07-2019, 05:53 PM

15,293 posts, read 17,674,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
We know by the conclusion. There is no explanation for their statement other than political bias/advocacy. No objective prosecutor would charge based on the facts assembled by Mueller.

Apparently over 650 of them would, with more signing on all the time.

Old 05-07-2019, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
I'm not surprised.

When 25% of the voting public could place a vote for an obvious con-man and huckster like Donald Trump? And then continue to support him no matter how much damage he does to our system of government? That will support him regardless of the fact that he clearly has no morals or values and does not believe in America as we once knew it?

We live in a nation of mesmerized nitwits.
The upsetting thing is that a good portion of American citizens feel no allegiance to their own country. They will support a con artist, but not the Constitution.

Old 05-07-2019, 05:57 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,605,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
370 federal prosecutors agree that Mueller’s evidence is obstruction
Cool! Now what? Pound Sand? Kick Rocks? Throw a Temper Tantrum?

I got the popcorn!

Old 05-07-2019, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncguy50 View Post
I find it hard to believe that a special prosecutor and former director of the FBI was unaware of the DoJ policy to not indict a sitting president. Seems like an important question to ask when the primary focus of your job is to evaluate the evidence and make a recommendation to the AG to prosecute or not. Mueller has to prove guilt. Trump doesn't have to prove innocence. Unless the presumption of innocence until proven guilty is only for leftists.

I like how Scott Adams put it: The democrats went elephant hunting and shot 12 squirrels. LOL.
More like the Republicans went elephant hunting but didn't have a license to shoot anything. Comey, Mueller and Rosenstein were all Republicans. They figured out where the elephants were, and handed the elephant guns to the Democrats. Now the Democrats are going hunting, and they have a license.

Old 05-07-2019, 06:46 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,000,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Didn't you say that 17 Intelligence agencies claimed that Trump had colluded with Russians? How do you know these aren't the same people?

Why AREN'T you concerned about all they lying that went on behind that farce?

Oh yes. Its that Double Standard at play.
No I never said that at all. You made that up.

I have said from day one I don't believe Trump knowingly conspired with the Russians. He's not that clever.

His big concern was finding out the Russians were conspiring to get him into office, because that would imply HE didn't win by himself. And that was why he kept trying to interfere with the investigation. His ego is his biggest downfall.

The 17 agencies never said that he conspired with the Russians. They said that the Russians interfered.

So I am not concerned with that information being false....and even Senator Graham says the agencies were right.....so come on now.

There is no double standard -- you are making that up.

Old 05-07-2019, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
370 federal prosecutors agree that Mueller’s evidence is obstruction

Sounds like they don't have any confidence in Mueller or his prosecutorial ability.

Where was their objections to Mueller when he was appointed ?
There most definitely seems to be disappointment by some that Mueller didn't pursue an indictment against the President.

But didn't Mueller make it clear in the report that he wouldn't and isn't that the understanding -- no criminal indictments of sitting Presidents.

But yeah there are some questioning why Mueller wasn't more firm.

Old 05-07-2019, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
There are probably 500 Conservative Prosecutors who disagree.

Luckily we don't let all these people have a vote. If we did Hillary would also be in Jail.
Did they prepare a formal letter or statement?

Old 05-07-2019, 06:54 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,844,229 times
I think Mueller was wiling to churn away investigating 7 days a week building up evidence against Trump and others—passing off other crimes he discovered along the way to various DoJ offices like SDNY and others

But Barr and Trump were too afraid and they called him off the pitch so to speak
His office was supposedly in the middle of investigating someone involved with the campaign’s computer, looking into emails and other documents

As far as I know Mueller still has not produced the document he was tasked to provide by Rosenstein that lists any and all times Mueller was not allowed to pursue a line of investigation, wasn’t given money or staff to do down a certain avenue of inquiry
Until that is produced in full w/o redactions then as far as I am concerned Barr pulled Mueller’s investigation to a close—
It didn’t just end because he was running out of leads or evidence to follow...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies