Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2019, 01:22 PM

73,032 posts, read 62,646,469 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
Some of the "roving white supremacists" here sound just like that guy ~ they say the same exact things.

& I dunno if they wanna be in positions of power ~ although they frankly admit to being emboldened to crawl out from under the rocks by a certain President.
Some of them also like to be somewhat vague. They will say things that are crass, but they will beat around the bush. Basically, saying nothing while saying alot of stuff at once. I was on one thread where a person talked about his political history. He said that he used to be a Democrat when the Democratic Party was the conservative party in the South. He also mentioned that everything got screwed up in the 60s and that is why the South is Republican today. I asked him how things got screwed up in the 1960s. I never got an answer.

I do wonder if some persons with bigoted, racist attitudes want to be in positions of power. Some do. There are some people who pine for the days when Jim Crow was the law of the land. Some persons would love to get into power and bring Jim Crow back. This doesn't apply to everyone. However, when someone is constantly complaining about Black people and constantly expressing a disdain for Blacks, I watch that person. I don't go for that "it's just words" excuse. I have to consider that said person likely wishes that Jim Crow existed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2019, 01:25 PM

Quote:
I don't know you at all nor do I care to. You sound like a "roving white supremacist" troll, imho.
This is what I can say. When someone says they can't tell a good Black person from a bad Black person, and that they don't want Black people around, I have to assume that said person has a disdain for Blacks. Until I'm shown different, that will be the assumption that is made.

Personally, I don't think any of us want to know anyone who has a bigoted mentality. Unfortunately, that is the world we live in.

Old 05-26-2019, 01:50 PM

13,240 posts, read 4,930,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Some of them also like to be somewhat vague. They will say things that are crass, but they will beat around the bush. Basically, saying nothing while saying alot of stuff at once. I was on one thread where a person talked about his political history. He said that he used to be a Democrat when the Democratic Party was the conservative party in the South. He also mentioned that everything got screwed up in the 60s and that is why the South is Republican today. I asked him how things got screwed up in the 1960s. I never got an answer.

I do wonder if some persons with bigoted, racist attitudes want to be in positions of power. Some do. There are some people who pine for the days when Jim Crow was the law of the land. Some persons would love to get into power and bring Jim Crow back. This doesn't apply to everyone. However, when someone is constantly complaining about Black people and constantly expressing a disdain for Blacks, I watch that person. I don't go for that "it's just words" excuse. I have to consider that said person likely wishes that Jim Crow existed.
I can relate.

Only in America:

Quote:
David Ernest Duke (born July 1, 1950) is a prominent American white supremacist, white nationalist politician, white separatist, antisemitic conspiracy theorist, Holocaust denier, convicted felon, and former Grand Wizard of the Ku Klux Klan.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Duke

One of the things I learned on this forum was that a convicted felon can run for Governor, Senate, etc. in Louisiana. Granted, David Duke is unsuitable for any office for so many other reasons, however I was unaware a convicted felon was eligible as a candidate in some states.

Old 05-26-2019, 02:00 PM

13,240 posts, read 4,930,214 times
Quote:
This is what I can say. When someone says they can't tell a good Black person from a bad Black person, and that they don't want Black people around, I have to assume that said person has a disdain for Blacks. Until I'm shown different, that will be the assumption that is made.

Personally, I don't think any of us want to know anyone who has a bigoted mentality. Unfortunately, that is the world we live in.
Agree.

It's worth noting how many things have changed since ... the POTUS is ...

Donald Trump: Troll-in-Chief

https://historynewsnetwork.org/article/169800

Old 05-26-2019, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Black unemployment is at an all time low, but much of the Black Community don't want to give up the victimhood mentalilty, and be held accountable for their problems. Which are huge, by the way.
No it's not. The Bureau of Labor will prove your statement to be false.

Here: https://data.bls.gov/timeseries/LNS14000006

Black unemployment rates were going on a decline starting in 2012 and went below 10 percent in 2015. Trump wasn't in power. Unemployment rates had been dropping since the Obama's second term. It might have reached 5.9 percent in May 2018. However, it went back up after that. Unemployment for Blacks rose from 6 percent to 7 percent between November 2018 and February 2019. During the last 5 months, the unemploment rate has hovered between 6.6 percent and 7 percent for Blacks. Blacks are the only group to have seen a rise in unemployment rates in the last 5 months.

And Black unemployment didn't reach an all time low under Trump. It was at a record low under Eisenhower. The Black unemployment rate was about 4.5% in 1953.
https://files.eric.ed.gov/fulltext/E...1.pdf#page=149

And there is something about unemployment rates. Many people have simply stopped trying, feeling that there is no hope in finding work. What should also be accounted for are those who have basically been terminally unemployed and have dropped out of the workforce altogether.

Old 05-26-2019, 02:30 PM

Quote:
I can relate.

Only in America:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Duke

One of the things I learned on this forum was that a convicted felon can run for Governor, Senate, etc. in Louisiana. Granted, David Duke is unsuitable for any office for so many other reasons, however I was unaware a convicted felon was eligible as a candidate in some states.
This isn't just America. Hitler himself was a criminal before coming to power in Germany. Look what happened after.

Edwin Edwards was as corrupt as they came. However, what was more shocking was this. David Duke beat former governor Buddy Roemer in the 1991 primary, despite Roemer having done some good for the state of Louisiana. It then came down to the Wizard vs the Lizard. It was either the Klansman or the Corrupt. Edwards won, thankfully.

The sad thing is, someone with notable ties to the KKK and Neo-Nazi groups also sought to run for office. Someone like that cannot be trusted in a position of political office. And he isn't the last of Neo-Nazi/KKK types to try running for political office.

Old 05-26-2019, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Agree.

It's worth noting how many things have changed since ... the POTUS is ...

Donald Trump: Troll-in-Chief

https://historynewsnetwork.org/article/169800
Well, Trump managed to do one thing: Become the most prolific Twitter user in the history of Presidents. And his Twitter use shows how deep Trump's petulance is.

Old 05-26-2019, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleur123 View Post
Yes. That's the key thing, I think. They really are vulgar and low-class, regardless of the amount of money they currently have. Because of this, they reinforce the stereotype you're talking about.

I see no reason why a couple of quality people would be looked down upon, whatever races they may be. Except for a few bigots, but who cares about and wants to be around bigots anyway?
Kanye West could have any woman he wants. He might have his own issues, but you could never mistaken him for some hood rat. At least not compared to rappers like Li'l Wayne. He went for Kim Kardashian. The fact that he went for her does present a problem. The fact that he feel for a trashy woman like her will reinforce something else. It reinforces the stereotype of "the only non-Black women that a Black man can get are the trashy women". Kanye West can do better than that.

The thing is, even some quality people have to fight against stereotypes. The media is flooded with images of hood rat behavior. That is what sells. It sells on MTV. It sells on the evening news. Relative to other groups, Black men still have to work harder to show "I'm not a hood rat".

In order for Black male/non-Black female couples to be more accepted, the likes of the Kardashian sisters cannot be promoted. It has to go against the stereotypes.

Old 05-26-2019, 04:22 PM

4,593 posts, read 9,201,983 times
Geez, the thread title almost sounds like the villain in the book I'm currently reading, NOS4A2. If you can't find eternal happiness in Christmasland, then you're a lost cause. How dare black folks not give gratitude to Santa Trump. And like the villain, there appears to be an obsession regarding a very specific demographic. Only replace leveraging children with black voters.

I'm becoming more of moderate, as I age. Perhaps, it'd be more accurate to say I'm a progressive, not necessarily supportive of all things on the left, but more towards supporting things that will advance society and even preventing the ecosystem from becoming non-salvageable. There is some appeal to Republican Party, but I side-eye the Magaism that is being displayed within that party. Threads by republicans calling blacks unappreciative(though large amounts of whites feel the same way) are discouraging as well.

On the flip side, I'm not quite feeling Democratic candidates like Kamala Harris and Corey Booker. At the very least, Trump is not an opaque person. I've been wary of Kamala Harris the moment she said she was listening to Tupac and Biggie smoking weed in college. Also, she veered from the reparation question on the Breakfast Club. Same with Corey Booker. When it comes to the black candidates, I notice they have to be strictly inclusive, specifically on things that would benefit African-Americans, whereas, Elizabeth Wareen and Bernie Sanders have no problem of telling you what they would or not support. If I do vote in 2020, and if it comes down to Democrats, then I will likely vote for Andrew Yang. But even with him, I have to do some more research.

Old 05-26-2019, 04:26 PM

8,851 posts, read 5,881,216 times
Quote:
Kanye West could have any woman he wants. He might have his own issues, but you could never mistaken him for some hood rat. At least not compared to rappers like Li'l Wayne. He went for Kim Kardashian. The fact that he went for her does present a problem. The fact that he feel for a trashy woman like her will reinforce something else. It reinforces the stereotype of "the only non-Black women that a Black man can get are the trashy women". Kanye West can do better than that.

The thing is, even some quality people have to fight against stereotypes. The media is flooded with images of hood rat behavior. That is what sells. It sells on MTV. It sells on the evening news. Relative to other groups, Black men still have to work harder to show "I'm not a hood rat".

In order for Black male/non-Black female couples to be more accepted, the likes of the Kardashian sisters cannot be promoted. It has to go against the stereotypes.
Kanye West could in no way “have any woman he wants.” Outside of the hip-hop/ entertainment type groupie women, few women would give him the time or day. If he tried to get with any professional women (especially non-black) he would be shot down 99% of the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies