Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2019, 08:50 AM

253 posts, read 378,303 times

Advertisements

I am an African-American woman. I select my candidates based upon merit and their alignment with my beliefs. I have never lived in poverty. I have never been the recipient of food stamps or any other social service-type program. I have multiple college degrees in science, tech and business. I would never vote for Trump or anyone who supports his policies.

I'm a native of NY State. We know his history. His rental company has a history of denying housing for people of color. He targeted the Central Park Five by taking out full-page ads demanding the death penalty for them. After they were exonerated by DNA evidence, he refused to acknowledge their innocence. He led the charge in the Obama birtherism conspiracy. He lies DAILY and the lies are often easily refuted. He doesn't seem to comprehend science or understand how to conduct himself in a manner that is respectful. His admitted disrespect for women and the anatomical parts that he likes to grab would make it impossible for me, as the mother of daughters to ever hold him up as an ideal candidate for any office.

I would not vote for any politician who wants to co-mingle church and state. I would not bestow a vote on any politician who cannot denounce the activities and support of white supremacists. I will never support legislation to diminish a woman's right to control her own body.

So, let's talk about the things that Trump has done for me, my relatives, and my friends of color...

NOT A D*MN THING!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2019, 09:27 AM

3,730 posts, read 1,768,035 times
Quote:
I would not bestow a vote on any politician who cannot denounce the activities and support of white supremacists
Just curious does that also include other hate groups like Black lives matter and Antifa?

Quote:
NOT A D*MN THINK!!!
And what did Obama do better than Trump besides giving out free stuff?

Old 05-27-2019, 09:38 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,930,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgh guy View Post
am not a white supremacist, but do have my beliefs.
Frankly my dear ...

Old 05-27-2019, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
Just curious does that also include other hate groups like Black lives matter and Antifa?

And what did Obama do better than Trump besides giving out free stuff?
First of all...Black Lives Matter is not a hate group. I know that some people like to pretend that it is or attempt to hijack the mission by saying trite things like. "All Lives Matter". The group exists because the media and politicians were refusing to recognize that there were some pretty serious disparities in the treatment of people of color by law enforcement. While there may be a few bad actors within the group that engage in hateful activities, their primary function is not that of a hate group. The same cannot be said for white supremacist organizations. Antifa isn't really a group. It is a catchall term for any group that purports to work against fascism. The last time that I checked, fascism was considered to be undesirable in the US.

I do not recall mentioning President Obama in my comments. The original topic was black people not supporting Trump, so I limited my response to the topic at hand. As far as free stuff goes...I didn't get any from President Obama, did you? I did gain access to healthcare as I am self-employed but received no subsidy for my Affordable Healthcare Act plan. I earn too much money to qualify for a subsidy.

Old 05-27-2019, 09:49 AM

3,730 posts, read 1,768,035 times
Quote:
First of all...Black Lives Matter is not a hate group. I know that some people like to pretend that it is or attempt to hijack the mission by saying trite things like. "All Lives Matter".
With all due respect when an entire group of protesters are screaming out “pigs in a blanket, fry 'em like bacon“ qualifies as a hate group in my book.

And

FYI...ironically ANTIFA is a fascist group that tries to suppress free speech with violence

Old 05-27-2019, 09:57 AM

17,644 posts, read 6,923,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMartianChick View Post
First of all...Black Lives Matter is not a hate group. I know that some people like to pretend that it is or attempt to hijack the mission by saying trite things like. "All Lives Matter". The group exists because the media and politicians were refusing to recognize that there were some pretty serious disparities in the treatment of people of color by law enforcement. While there may be a few bad actors within the group that engage in hateful activities, their primary function is not that of a hate group. The same cannot be said for white supremacist organizations. Antifa isn't really a group. It is a catchall term for any group that purports to work against fascism. The last time that I checked, fascism was considered to be undesirable in the US.

I do not recall mentioning President Obama in my comments. The original topic was black people not supporting Trump, so I limited my response to the topic at hand. As far as free stuff goes...I didn't get any from President Obama, did you? I did gain access to healthcare as I am self-employed but received no subsidy for my Affordable Healthcare Act plan. I earn too much money to qualify for a subsidy.
If you don't qualify for subsidy you got a tax cut. You can thank Trump for that.

Old 05-27-2019, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
With all due respect when an entire group of protesters are screaming out “pigs in a blanket, fry 'em like bacon“ qualifies as a hate group in my book.

FYI...ironically ANTIFA is a fascist group that tries to suppress free speech with violence
Antifa is not a single group. There are many organizations who have elected to participate in activities that are collectively referred to as being Antifa activities.

A group of protesters doing the same thing at the same time does not mean that they represent the larger group as a whole. Unless everyone with Black Lives Matter membership supports the type of activity that you described or the by-laws demand allegiance to those activities, then it is not a tenet of the organization. Can you imagine if I were to paint all Caucasians as being racists because I saw the activities of white supremacists in Charlottesville? That would be absurd.

I was a Girl Scout as a child. Some of the girls in my troop committed acts of vandalism while trick or treating. Despite that fact...not all Girl Scouts are vandals.

We have seen Christian leaders cheat on their spouses or abuse children. Despite that fact...not all clergy members are deplorable.

Some school teachers seduce their students. Despite that fact...not every educator is a pedophile.

Old 05-27-2019, 10:13 AM

73,032 posts, read 62,646,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgh guy View Post
Here is the deal, I don't have disdain for all blacks, it is the ghetto scum thugs I can't stand, they have no respect for human life. I do not have any black friends, but do have many black acquaintances. As far as Trump goes I have not heard him say anything racist, but I do love the way he drives the left out of their minds.
Well, you didn't call out ghetto scum specifically. You said BLACKS, not ghetto scum. And you said you avoid BLACKS, not ghetto scum. You even admitted that you can't tell between decent Blacks and bad Blacks.

Your posts: //www.city-data.com/forum/55258361-post260.html
//www.city-data.com/forum/55258513-post266.html
//www.city-data.com/forum/55263536-post340.html
//www.city-data.com/forum/55265163-post388.html

You didn't call out "ghetto scum". You talked about Blacks. Don't try that double talk with me. I grew up around it.

And of course you don't think some of the things Trump said are bigoted. You're not fond of Blacks very much. Of course you don't think calling Blacks "stupid" for not voting for Trump is bigoted. Of course you don't think singling out a Black person and basically embarrassing him at a rally is bigoted. Of course you don't think blaming the Baltimore riots on the President and bringing his ethnicity into it is bigoted. You have a bigoted mentality, so of course there are things that you don't think are bigoted. It's normal for you.

Old 05-27-2019, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMartianChick View Post
I am an African-American woman. I select my candidates based upon merit and their alignment with my beliefs. I have never lived in poverty. I have never been the recipient of food stamps or any other social service-type program. I have multiple college degrees in science, tech and business. I would never vote for Trump or anyone who supports his policies.

I'm a native of NY State. We know his history. His rental company has a history of denying housing for people of color. He targeted the Central Park Five by taking out full-page ads demanding the death penalty for them. After they were exonerated by DNA evidence, he refused to acknowledge their innocence. He led the charge in the Obama birtherism conspiracy. He lies DAILY and the lies are often easily refuted. He doesn't seem to comprehend science or understand how to conduct himself in a manner that is respectful. His admitted disrespect for women and the anatomical parts that he likes to grab would make it impossible for me, as the mother of daughters to ever hold him up as an ideal candidate for any office.

I would not vote for any politician who wants to co-mingle church and state. I would not bestow a vote on any politician who cannot denounce the activities and support of white supremacists. I will never support legislation to diminish a woman's right to control her own body.

So, let's talk about the things that Trump has done for me, my relatives, and my friends of color...

NOT A D*MN THING!!!
I agree with most of this. I'm not "grateful" for Trump, and no one has given me a reason to be.

Old 05-27-2019, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
Using Twitter's 280 word max also shows how "deep" his thought are.

Deep as a puddle of swamp water.
It also shows why I'm not grateful for Trump. President Trump has a mindset similar to a teenage bully. His Twitter activity is indicative of that. I have no appreciation for Trump. I make no apologies for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies