Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2019, 01:49 PM

73,027 posts, read 62,634,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleura123 View Post
Well, let's take the legal field, for example. Can you imagine a partner in a BigLaw firm... announcing to her fellow partners that she's going out (or worse yet, marrying) Kanye West.
"Hum, look, we are sorry but have you been thinking of possibly lateraling?".

And if the girl is an associate: "Look, we know you've been billing close to 2500 hours these past 3 years, but we're just not going to be able to continue together."
A lawyer might not date Kanye, but a fashion model will. A women who owns a fashion design company might date him. A magazine owner might work out, depending on what the magazine is about. My point was that Kanye can do better than the Kardashian women.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2019, 01:52 PM

73,027 posts, read 62,634,962 times
Quote:
Very true. Donald Trump is a capitalist first and foremost. He (maybe) have disdain for people whom he considers to be unsuccessful financially. It is true that, as a group, blacks are probably the least successful financially in America. But that doesn't mean Mr Trump has disdain for the blacks that are successful. In fact, it's pretty clear he doesn't. He holds John James (a Republican from Michigan) in high regard, for example.
We know Trump is a capitalist. However, what would you call these comments?

Quote:
“And isn’t it funny, I’ve got black accountants at Trump Castle and Trump Plaza. Black guys counting my money! I hate it. The only kind of people I want counting my money are short guys that wear yarmulkes every day.”
Quote:
“Besides that, I’ve got to tell you something else: I think the guy is lazy, and it’s probably not his fault because laziness is a trait in blacks. It really is. I believe that. It’s not anything they can control.”
Quote:
Our great African American President hasn't exactly had a positive impact on the thugs who are so happily and openly destroying Baltimore!

What do you call retweeting a Neo-Nazi tweet that makes up very bigoted and false statistics about Black crime?

Old 05-27-2019, 01:57 PM

926 posts, read 417,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
A lawyer might not date Kanye, but a fashion model will. A women who owns a fashion design company might date him. A magazine owner might work out, depending on what the magazine is about. My point was that Kanye can do better than the Kardashian women.
You might not realize it, but there is something called "social classes". Both West and Kardashian are low-class, regardless of the amount of money they currently have.
Look at her: her style screams vulgarity.
And he's a music star yes... that would be fine if the music in question would be classical music or opera, but it's hip hop. Look at him, too: does he look like an intellectual to you? A refined man?

Old 05-27-2019, 01:58 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,361,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagoland60426 View Post

Now, where I think Asians(particularly the men) are most discriminated or have a hard time is in the dating arena. In comparison to white men and even black men, Asian men are almost never portrayed as sex symbols or desirable as mates.
Oh, the Asian male dating issue has been way overplayed and discussed to death. Why do you think a lot of us loved Crazy Rich Asians?

Much of my siblings and cousins date and outmarry, including the males. Just gotta concentrate on your own confidence and not let that psych ya out.

Old 05-27-2019, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
We know Trump is a capitalist. However, what would you call these comments?
I would call them Trump-style borderline comments. He made borderline comments about his daughter, too. And he can't be accused of disdaining her.

Old 05-27-2019, 02:03 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,361,420 times
Quote:
Very true. Donald Trump is a capitalist first and foremost. He (maybe) have disdain for people whom he considers to be unsuccessful financially. It is true that, as a group, blacks are probably the least successful financially in America. But that doesn't mean Mr Trump has disdain for the blacks that are successful. In fact, it's pretty clear he doesn't. He holds John James (a Republican from Michigan) in high regard, for example.
Uh, no.

Don't try to overthink this.

You can be a businessperson without being a crass jerk. That isn't Trump.

He and his dad have been sued for housing discrimination back in the 1970s.

He's made plenty of public smack talking about black celebrities who are quite well off.

Think of him being Archie Bunker with a bigger bank account.

Old 05-27-2019, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagoland60426 View Post

Now, where I think Asians(particularly the men) are most discriminated or have a hard time is in the dating arena.
Very true. Although some of them are quite attractive and good catches.
Most are them are very shy with women, that doesn't help.

Old 05-27-2019, 02:05 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,758,293 times
Quote:
Well, let's take the legal field, for example. Can you imagine a partner in a BigLaw firm... announcing to her fellow partners that she's going out (or worse yet, marrying) Kanye West.
"Hum, look, we are sorry but have you been thinking of possibly lateraling?".

And if the girl is an associate: "Look, we know you've been billing close to 2500 hours these past 3 years, but we're just not going to be able to continue together."
Probably about the same as if she announced she was going to be Donald Trump's next wife. And for much the same reasons.

Old 05-27-2019, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Probably about the same as if she announced she was going to be Donald Trump's next wife. And for much the same reasons.
Correct. To a much lesser extent, but yes.

Old 05-27-2019, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Uh, no.

Don't try to overthink this.

You can be a businessperson without being a crass jerk. That isn't Trump.

He and his dad have been sued for housing discrimination back in the 1970s.

He's made plenty of public smack talking about black celebrities who are quite well off.

Think of him being Archie Bunker with a bigger bank account.
Never said that Donald Trump wasn't crass. Or that he was a nice person. I only said that he was good for the US as a President.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies