Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2019, 01:57 PM

36,529 posts, read 30,871,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
If it came to a public vote I would make some exceptions for abortion and I already stated what those exceptions would be. No, I am not for prison terms for women who are convicted of illegal abortions. Perhaps the doctors who performed them might be held accountable in some way though.
If you make exceptions, you are not pro life. Where is the pro life stance for those exceptions like rape.
Just saying I would make some exceptions show you are anti choice because you are effectively wanting to make the choice for others.

Old 06-05-2019, 02:08 PM

36,529 posts, read 30,871,648 times
Quote:
A bigger shame is that we're not allowed to express our opinion on this matter whether it's our bodies or not without ridicule and insults and demanding that we conform to the pro-abortion crowd's views. People get murdered everyday but unless it hits close to home it should be of no concern to us?
Who is stopping you from expressing your opinion? Who is demanding conformation.

Quote:
Wrong! Again you left out the word are you for or against "abortion". Why would you have different rules for yourself than for others? Either you are for or against abortion, period! The word "choice" shouldn't even enter the picture.
Why? because my life, my situation, my past, present and future is not the same as others.
I think everyone has different "rules" for themselves that they dont impose on others. I am against smoking. I no longer smoke but I don't worry myself with wanting to prevent others from doing so. I am against breast augmentation, but I dont worry myself with preventing others from doing so because what others do with their own bodies does not affect my life or my beliefs.

Old 06-05-2019, 03:03 PM

62,959 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Who is stopping you from expressing your opinion? Who is demanding conformation.

Why? because my life, my situation, my past, present and future is not the same as others.
I think everyone has different "rules" for themselves that they dont impose on others. I am against smoking. I no longer smoke but I don't worry myself with wanting to prevent others from doing so. I am against breast augmentation, but I dont worry myself with preventing others from doing so because what others do with their own bodies does not affect my life or my beliefs.
When you are attacked, drilled and questioned over and over about your position on abortion I'd say that's akin to not wanting you to express a difference of opinion from the pro-abortionists. Have you read all the posts under this topic and similar topics about abortion? I think you'd see what I mean.

Who in this forum is preventing anyone from getting an abortion? The pro-abortionists in this forum act like because we don't agree with them we are somehow forcing them not to get one just based on our opinions or at least it seems that way.

Old 06-05-2019, 03:09 PM

Quote:
If you make exceptions, you are not pro life. Where is the pro life stance for those exceptions like rape.
Just saying I would make some exceptions show you are anti choice because you are effectively wanting to make the choice for others.
Geez, there's no pleasing you people is there? First you complain about hard line anti-abortionists and then when some of us are a little more lenient on the matter we are accused of not being pro-life. Because I make exceptions for the mother's life under certain circumstances that doesn't make me pro-life?

How am I making choices for others? I have no power to do that. Again, I am just offering my opinion. See what I mean how you people immediately go on the attack just for disagreeing that in most cases the woman shouldn't have the right to have an abortion. There are many things that in a civil society we shouldn't have the right to choose to do at least not without consequences.

Old 06-05-2019, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
They are 2 separate questions:

Are you for or against abortion?

Are you for or against a woman’s right to choose?

If it was just one question it would be impossible to be anti abortion and pro choice and yet that’s the stance many have. They are against abortion for themselves, but support a woman’s right to choose what’s best for her.

It’s also possible to be anti choice and pro abortion. Plenty of examples where people who are anti choice and yet have chosen to have an abortion making them pro abortion.
Why do you keep asking the same questions over and over again? It's getting exhausting and I'm about to stop reading any topics about abortion.

For the final time, I am opposed to abortion except under certain circumstances and I have already describe them.

No, I am not for a woman (it isn't a right to choose) to have an abortion unless it's under those circumstances. Any woman who advocates for an abortion for anyone else even if it's not for herself is a pro-abortionist. I absolutely hate that term "right to choose". Makes me want to vomit.

Old 06-05-2019, 03:20 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times
[quote=2mares;55353857]You mean why did legal abortions skyrocket after they became legal?
Because women were not having as many illegal abortions. The illegal ones became legal.
You really cant say abortions skyrocket before 1973 because abortions were not recorded so there is no reliable data to compare numbers. But we know birth rates did not take a dive after abortion became legal so there is no correlation between legal abortion and decreased birth rate.[/quote

No. Why did the number of abortions increase when it became legal? Because, since it was legal, more women got them.

This was in answer to the poster who said that law doesn't change people's behavior. It does. because the law is not moral.

Did the death rate for women of childbearing years plummet when abortion became legal?

Old 06-05-2019, 03:32 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times
Quote:
When you are attacked, drilled and questioned over and over about your position on abortion I'd say that's akin to not wanting you to express a difference of opinion from the pro-abortionists. Have you read all the posts under this topic and similar topics about abortion? I think you'd see what I mean.

Who in this forum is preventing anyone from getting an abortion? The pro-abortionists in this forum act like because we don't agree with them we are somehow forcing them not to get one just based on our opinions or at least it seems that way.
Yep. They ask the same 5 questions over and over and over and over and over ... as if they ask it *just right* they can *crack* you and yell "GOTCHA! You really LOVE abortion! Prolife liar!!!"

Some are here to discuss, but most? Are here waiting for a chance to yell "GOTCHA!!!"

Old 06-05-2019, 03:54 PM

11,411 posts, read 7,809,020 times
Quote:
Why do you keep asking the same questions over and over again? It's getting exhausting and I'm about to stop reading any topics about abortion.

For the final time, I am opposed to abortion except under certain circumstances and I have already describe them.

No, I am not for a woman (it isn't a right to choose) to have an abortion unless it's under those circumstances. Any woman who advocates for an abortion for anyone else even if it's not for herself is a pro-abortionist. I absolutely hate that term "right to choose". Makes me want to vomit.
And the idea of forced birth makes me want to vomit. Guess we’ll just agree to disagree.

Old 06-05-2019, 04:37 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,507,037 times
Quote:
If a self-declared choicer opposes abortion on demand in the 2nd or 3rd trimester, are they not pro-choice ?

Pro-choice and pro-life are labels invented by advocacy groups to promote their goals, but polls consistently show most of the public aren't 100% one or the other.

Old 06-05-2019, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
And the idea of forced birth makes me want to vomit. Guess we’ll just agree to disagree.
The woman put herself in that position under most circumstances. Funny, how taking a human life doesn't make you vomit though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies