Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2019, 02:57 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,023,642 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Question to the exact statement you made: Why aren't women able to care for the babies?
Seriously? You can’t imagine a situation where a girl or woman couldn’t take care of a baby? If not I’d ask how old you are and how much real world experience have you had? Or do you like to play at being obtuse?

Have you never heard of babies dumped in alleys and restrooms. Why do you think women give up babies for adoption. It isn’t because the moms want to be a generous breeder for couples who have kids, it’s because she can’t take care of the baby.

Old 06-09-2019, 02:59 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,949,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
Can't rep you again. The redirecting and deflecting has been so over the top that I've thought about starting a thread in the Psychology forum to try to gain insight into this kind of mind. It is truly baffling to me. I want to be in a moderated debate with her where actual answers would be required.

And with this post, I'm sure I will get a /shrug/ and a buh-bye.
Actually no. I would demolish you in a debate. /shrug/

You are just annoyed I refuse to engage you. I've explained why, MULTIPLE times, and instead of RESPECTING my response you continue to insult me, make fun of me, and talk about me to other posters, mean-girls style.

Then you have the audacity to pretend and whimper ... "but but but she won't talk to me" "but but I could debate her ... "

Well, no, you couldn't. Remove your bullying tactics, lack of facts, and misrepresentation of your opponents argument, along with your inability to answer questions directly? It's not a contest. At all.

And I really have to wonder ... WHY are you and other posters so gosh darn obsessed with me??? Have you never EVER talked to anyone who is prolife before? Have you ever had a polite and intelligent discussion with a prolifer face to face?

Or do you just shout them down, throw insults, tell them they are stupid, and then pat yourselves on the back for a job well done? Because that's all you do here. /shrug/

Old 06-09-2019, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
Seriously? You can’t imagine a situation where a girl or woman couldn’t take care of a baby? If not I’d ask how old you are and how much real world experience have you had? Or do you like to play at being obtuse?

Have you never heard of babies dumped in alleys and restrooms. Why do you think women give up babies for adoption. It isn’t because the moms want to be a generous breeder for couples who have kids, it’s because she can’t take care of the baby.
That's NOT what I asked.

I asked WHY are girls and women in a position where they can't take care of a baby?

Is it because they are having sex with men who have no interest in sticking around? One night stands? What are the SPECIFIC situations these women are getting pregnant in?

Also, cite the number of times each year a baby is dumped in a restroom.

Old 06-09-2019, 03:01 PM

37,106 posts, read 41,277,178 times
Quote:
Actually no. I would demolish you in a debate. /shrug/

You are just annoyed I refuse to engage you. I've explained why, MULTIPLE times, and instead of RESPECTING my response you continue to insult me, make fun of me, and talk about me to other posters, mean-girls style.

Then you have the audacity to pretend and whimper ... "but but but she won't talk to me" "but but I could debate her ... "

Well, no, you couldn't. Remove your bullying tactics, lack of facts, and misrepresentation of your opponents argument, along with your inability to answer questions directly? It's not a contest. At all.

And I really have to wonder ... WHY are you and other posters so gosh darn obsessed with me??? Have you never EVER talked to anyone who is prolife before? Have you ever had a polite and intelligent discussion with a prolifer face to face?

Or do you just shout them down, throw insults, tell them they are stupid, and then pat yourselves on the back for a job well done? Because that's all you do here. /shrug/
The irony ...

Old 06-09-2019, 03:03 PM

9,229 posts, read 8,551,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motion View Post
Will there be any negative long-term consequences to forcing women and girls to have children they don't want?
Seriously???

Oh, I don't know. Given the history we will have more dead women/girls from getting illegal abortions.

With luck, we will have a migration of women out of those states to states where they are viewed as responsible adults capable of directing their own lives without some paternalistic cabal trying to control them.

Old 06-09-2019, 03:05 PM

11,411 posts, read 7,809,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post

Whatever the reasons, they are best known to the woman living with them. She’s the most qualified one to decide if she can care for a baby and if not the best one to choose be it adoption or abortion.

It may also be she cannot care for another baby. 61% of abortions are women who already have kids. If you’re struggling to feed those you already have I can imagine having another would be a huge issue.

Old 06-09-2019, 03:06 PM

6,472 posts, read 6,679,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
My question could have been answered with a yes or no. Some legislators are working hard to get laws passed that would imprison women convicted of abortions. I wondered if you agree with them. If you asked me the same question, I would have answered NO! But many questions asked of you seem too hard for you to answer in a pertinent manner as in the above. If I asked you if you want all abortion banned, I would not expect a pertinent response from you, if any.

People who put me on ignore I regard it as a great victory against them in the debate.
"If I can't come up with an intelligent answer to your tough questions, I shall put you on ignore!!"
BTW isn't it against TOS for a poster to announce that s/he is putting someone on ignore? (or maybe I'm thinking of another message board.) At any rate, it seems childish and attention-seeking to announce it.

Old 06-09-2019, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post
How about this statistic?

No. 1 Cause of Death in Pregnant Women: Murder

Might be a reason some women would abort, maybe?
My questions would be:

Why are women having sex with men who want to kill them?
Why are they in such horrible relationships?
What led up to the point that their basic self worth was compromised to the point that having sex with a man with such tendencies toward violence became a good idea?

See, the answer is always abortion. Right. Kill the baby, over and over and over. Just kill the baby.

Do you think the chance of being murdered would somehow disappear if she got an abortion?
That the man *suddenly* becomes loving and tender?
Really?

Old 06-09-2019, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
"If I can't come up with an intelligent answer to your tough questions, I shall put you on ignore!!"
BTW isn't it against TOS for a poster to announce that s/he is putting someone on ignore? (or maybe I'm thinking of another message board.) At any rate, it seems childish and attention-seeking to announce it.
Then stop reading my posts. No one is forcing you to.

I tell people that so they know I will not be responding to them anymore. So if they want to waste their time continuing to ask me the same 5 questions over and over, it's on them.

If you actually asked an intelligent question, I might answer it. You haven't.

Old 06-09-2019, 03:12 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,641,969 times
Quote:
Also, cite the number of times each year a baby is dumped in a restroom.
Sometimes it's a worse place than a restroom, like a dumpster. It's always one time too many and explains why laws have been proposed to allow women to turn over their newborns to a caregiver with no questions asked and no charges filed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies