Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2019, 10:54 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,650,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Congratulations..... you have a PhD in Liberal Leftist Ideology, and a Master’s in Identity Politics and Racism.

Unfortunately, it won’t get you very far in life with such a skewed view of reality, which is somehow able to escape or ignore certain facts and flaws in your rather broad generalizations and stereotyping. Some of the more glaring examples of this might be the existence of black conservatives, white atheists, gay conservatives, gay Christians, etc. I understand how inconvenient that is, so we’ll just pretend not to notice.

Now, for a real dose of realty .... the left’s never ending efforts to create division among the masses is a well understood method of power and control. As they say, “divide and conquer”. Of course they use such terms as “diversity”, which they offer up as a tasty bowl of ice cream, when it’s nothing more than a pile of manure. But the truth is, diversity is just a more cleverly crafted term for divisiveness. They simply had to first drum into your head the lofty ideal, and positive nature of the term “diversity”, hoping you wouldn’t notice. Yet the synonym is difficult to miss, if you just look at the words ... divide, division, diverse ......

There is a singular reason behind their methods and strategy .... power of the masses is what authoritarians fear most. A people divided are more easy to control, while a people united, cannot be. So what must the authoritarian do .... create division, through “diversity”. Fracture society.... create infighting and competition between groups ... convince one group that the other is out to get them, to hold them down, to deny them their due .... it’s easy to do, once you are successful in convincing them to separate themselves from one another, on race, gender, orientation, religious affiliations, and any other differences you choose to capitalize on. And it’s all about appealing to the lower level instinct of “selfishness” .... this is the driving force behind it all. Everyone is now “hyphenated” ... and no longer simply Americans. We have a new paradigm of new “communities” like the “LGTB Community”; the African-American community; the Hispanic Community, etc. once upon a time, we were all living together as one community. And the diversity promoters won’t be satisfied until they create a level of division among society that has Wrangler Jean lovers in violent conflict with anyone wearing Levi’s.

This explains the unspoken reason why the authoritarian leftist democrats are so in favor of open borders. Just another element of “diversity”, and cultural disintegration, through nationality, and spoken language divisiveness. Then, the Democrats simply pander to each of the fractionated groups, promising freebies in mass, and protection from the “others” whose greed and selfishness will take away what is rightfully theirs, unless they are kept safe from the racists, bigots, homophobes, misogynists, and islamophobes.

The collective selfishness and ignorance of the diverse factions blinds them to the truth that they are being played like a piano, with the ultimate and predictable result of total self destruction.
Wow, GuyInTexas, I read every word. How did you get indoctrinated into this nonsense?

Last edited by StillwaterTownie; 06-09-2019 at 11:14 PM..

Old 06-09-2019, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
Lot of truth in this. I hope the G.O.P. falls into the abyss of hell. I'm sick of their hypocrisy and double standards. They are horrible killers of every form of life.
If above true, then the GOP would have fallen into the abyss of hell by now. The election of Trump tells you they didn't.

Old 06-09-2019, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
It is funny how many Democrats (liberal/progressives/totalitarians) purposely forget that all their sacred Democrat heroes VOTED FOR THE WARS. LOL! And voted for the PATRIOT ACT!
It's a FACT that lots of Republicans voted along with them. Bush as a Republican didn't have to invade Iraq and cause further instability in the region. In 2020, once again, I likely will not vote for a Republican or Democrat for president.

Old 06-10-2019, 12:20 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,817,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio_peasant View Post
On social issues, likely. One of the stunning anomalies and confusions of modern politics, is the question of why US Republicans don't realign their policies (let alone their message) to appeal to Hispanic voters. A partial answer is that, presumably, most Latino-derived cultures are less individualistic than Anglo-American culture. This means tolerance for higher taxes and more intrusive public programs, in favor of greater social services. This, presumably, is contrary to Republican principles. A more cynical answer is at the heart of this thread: Republican embrace of Hispanic/Latino voters would offend the sensibilities of core Republican voters. It would result in exchange of new voters for old, in zero-sum, rather than augmentation of the party.
I would say the biggest reason is the GOP is married to this idea of "traditional American culture" being white and Protestant. Other races are welcome in the GOP as long as they conform to and promote WASP values. Hispanics share some similar values to the GOP but are very different culturally. In addition to this, Hispanic voters tend to support social safety nets while white evangelical voters do not.

Old 06-10-2019, 12:57 AM

16,093 posts, read 10,762,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
If above true, then the GOP would have fallen into the abyss of hell by now. The election of Trump tells you they didn't.
Trump is a creature of the abyss. The election simply was a hostile takeover of the GOP by the hellish creature. The rest of the country knows him for what he is.

Old 06-10-2019, 02:41 AM

37,138 posts, read 42,234,436 times
I am conservative and not tribal, I'm not a joiner. Yes, I am a strong believer in and supporter of the USA but if that's tribalism then everyone better be a bit tribalist or they should gtfo.

Old 06-10-2019, 06:28 AM

34,235 posts, read 18,594,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
It's a FACT that lots of Republicans voted along with them. Bush as a Republican didn't have to invade Iraq and cause further instability in the region. In 2020, once again, I likely will not vote for a Republican or Democrat for president.
Bush, the Republicans AND Democrats believed the intelligence. Not just ours, but the intelligence of all our allies said there were WMD's. Did we move ahead to just DO SOMETHING after being attacked? I think there was an element of that but it was BI-PARTISAN.

Who you vote for President is irrelevant to this discussion. Throw away your vote. I don't care.

Old 06-10-2019, 06:30 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,643,000 times
Anybody should know better than to believe ANY report that paints broad based generalizations across 10s of millions of people.

/thread

Old 06-10-2019, 08:50 AM

3,006 posts, read 1,494,303 times
The Democrats are rapidly catching up. The frequent requests and demands to unify and vote for the D nominee no matter who it is sound like a tribal drumbeat.

Old 06-10-2019, 01:11 PM

13,657 posts, read 9,720,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
I would say the biggest reason is the GOP is married to this idea of "traditional American culture" being white and Protestant. Other races are welcome in the GOP as long as they conform to and promote WASP values. Hispanics share some similar values to the GOP but are very different culturally. In addition to this, Hispanic voters tend to support social safety nets while white evangelical voters do not.
This elicits a question: what's the modern Republican relationship with white Catholic voters? These were traditionally Democratic voters, who became "Reagan Democrats" and eventually mainstream Republicans. Is that going to be upended in the era of Trump?

More broadly, I've been much befuddled by the economic platform of mainstream Protestant Christians. I personally am very much a stock-market type of guy, but I am not a Christian. My own values are unabashedly individualistic, but again, I don't profess a spiritual responsibility or a sense of brotherhood with my fellow man, in the sense of us all sharing one creator, etc. Were I to have been a Christian, I'd have been decidedly more fiscally-liberal.

There is much fear among American conservatives, as to "dilution" of the voting-rolls, as immigrants naturalize, or their US-born children reach voting-age. The presumption is that these are all Democratic voters. But what if they start voting Republican... for a more fiscally liberal but socially-conservative Republican party? What then?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies