Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2019, 11:32 PM

5,479 posts, read 2,122,053 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
Lot of truth in this. I hope the G.O.P. falls into the abyss of hell. I'm sick of their hypocrisy and double standards. They are horrible killers of every form of life.
Seriously? Your side is far too quick to commit violence and destruction, shout people down, trying to forcibly silence others rather than have conversations, impede productive people minding their own business, harrassing people and their families, Hitting, throwing, burning and destroying property and crying when someone strikes back at them.

Old 06-09-2019, 07:30 AM

59,106 posts, read 27,340,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli34 View Post
So much inconsistency here, lol.

First of all, we support the millions of peaceful Muslims, not the extremists. It's the extremists who execute gay people. Second, since when did Conservative's care about gay people?? lol. Christian Conservatives are just the flip side of the coin....you have so much in common with Conservative Muslim's but don't want to admit it.

Second, the only people killing children are Republican's who have no problem sending our young men and women to war based off fake WMD's. Yet you are so concerned about the fetus. We also fight environmental pollution to stop the deaths of thousands of children who die from various chemicals in the environment. But you don't care, you are so darn concerned about the fetus. Man-made climate change will cause our whole species to go extinct but you ignore the science and continue to obsess over the fetus.

I could cite similar conflicts for days on end, as there is an endless supply
"Second, the only people killing children are Republican's who have no problem sending our young men and women to war based off fake WMD's"

WHO signed the act for Regime Change in Iraq? Hint, it was NOT a repub.

Who BELIEVED Iraq had WMDs before W. Bush ever came on the scene?

"One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them. That is our bottom line."
- President Clinton, Feb. 4, 1998

"If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program."
- President Bill Clinton, Feb. 17, 1998

"We must stop Saddam from ever again jeopardizing the stability and security of his neighbors with weapons of mass destruction."
- Madeline Albright, Feb 1, 1998

"He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has ten times since 1983."
- Sandy Berger, Clinton National Security Adviser, Feb, 18, 1998

"[W]e urge you, after consulting with Congress, and consistent with the U.S. Constitution and laws, to take necessary actions (including, if appropriate, air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to respond effectively to the threat posed by Iraq's refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction programs."
Letter to President Clinton.
- (D) Senators Carl Levin, Tom Daschle, John Kerry, others, Oct. 9, 1998

"Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process."
- Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D, CA), Dec. 16, 1998

"Hussein has ... chosen to spend his money on building weapons of mass destruction and palaces for his cronies."
- Madeline Albright, Clinton Secretary of State, Nov. 10, 1999

"We begin with the common belief that Saddam Hussein is a tyrant and a threat to the peace and stability of the region. He has ignored the mandate of the United Nations and is building weapons of mass destruction and th! e means of delivering them."
- Sen. Carl Levin (D, MI), Sept. 19, 2002

"We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country."
- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

"Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power."

"We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seeking and developing weapons of mass destruction."
- Sen. Ted Kennedy (D, MA), Sept. 27, 2002

"The last UN weapons inspectors left Iraq in October of 1998. We are confident that Saddam Hussein retains some stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons,
and that he has since embarked on a crash course to build up his chemical and biological warfare capabilities. Intelligence reports indicate that he is seeking nuclear weapons..."
- Sen. Robert Byrd (D, WV), Oct. 3, 2002

"I will be voting to give the President of the United States the authority to use force -- if necessary -- to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security."
- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Oct. 9, 2002

"There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have nuclear weapons within the next five years ... We also should remember we have always underestimated the progress Saddam has made in development of weapons of mass destruction."
- Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D, WV), Oct 10, 2002

"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al Qaeda members ... It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons."
- Sen. Hillary Clinton (D, NY), Oct 10, 2002

"We are in possession of what I think to be compelling evidence that Saddam Hussein has, and has had for a number of years, a developing capacity for the production and storage of weapons of mass destruction."
- Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), Dec. 8, 2002

"Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime ... He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation ... And now he is miscalculating America's response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction ... So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real..."
- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Jan. 23. 2003

Those poor, poor democrats. Too stupid to figure out for themselves that not only were they WRONG when they were in power, they were STILL WRONG in 2003! After they didn't vote for the war that they voted for!

Who was in control of the Senate when the Act to Authorize the invasion of Iraq who COULD HAVE KILLED THE BILL just as harry reid killed over 200 bills the repub controlled House passed?

He not only did NOT kill the bill, he CO-SPONSORED IT.

Which dems voted FOR the bill who without their vote it would NOT have passed? I'd bet a bunch you even voted for a few if you were old enough and DEFIANTLY support NOW!

Dem's who voted FOR the wars: Baucus (D-MT)
Bayh (D-IN)
Biden (D-DE) Current VP at the time
Breaux (D-LA)
Cantwell (D-WA)
Carnahan (D-MO)
Carper (D-DE)
Cleland (D-GA)
Clinton (D-NY) Current Sec of state at the time(Labeled Smartest women in the world by many lefties)
Daschle (D-SD) Leader of the Senate at the time and co-sponsored the bill
Dodd (D-CT)
Dorgan (D-ND)
Edwards (D-NC) Ran for VP
Feinstein (D-CA)
Harkin (D-IA)
Hollings (D-SC)
Johnson (D-SD)
Kerry (D-MA) Ran for Pres.
Kohl (D-WI)
Landrieu (D-LA)
Lieberman (D-CT) Ran for Pres.
Lincoln (D-AR)
Miller (D-GA)
Nelson (D-FL)
Nelson (D-NE)
Reid (D-NV) Current leader of the Senate at the time
Rockefeller (D-WV)
Schumer (D-NY) Current SML
Torricelli (D-NJ)

Where did the info come from that was used to support the invasion of Iraq? The BIL CLINTON INTELLIGENCE COMMUNITY, is where.

So save us the sanctimonious attitude NOW!

Do you dems EVER take responsibility for your OWN ACTIONS?

Last edited by Quick Enough; 06-09-2019 at 07:41 AM..

Old 06-09-2019, 07:33 AM

34,236 posts, read 18,594,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Second, the only people killing children are Republican's who have no problem sending our young men and women to war based off fake WMD's"

WHO signed the act for Regime Change in Iraq? Hint, it was NOT a repub.

Who BELIEVED Iraq had WMDs before W. Bush ever came on the scene?

"One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them. That is our bottom line."
- President Clinton, Feb. 4, 1998

"If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program."
- President Bill Clinton, Feb. 17, 1998

"We must stop Saddam from ever again jeopardizing the stability and security of his neighbors with weapons of mass destruction."
- Madeline Albright, Feb 1, 1998

"He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has ten times since 1983."
- Sandy Berger, Clinton National Security Adviser, Feb, 18, 1998

"[W]e urge you, after consulting with Congress, and consistent with the U.S. Constitution and laws, to take necessary actions (including, if appropriate, air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to respond effectively to the threat posed by Iraq's refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction programs."
Letter to President Clinton.
- (D) Senators Carl Levin, Tom Daschle, John Kerry, others, Oct. 9, 1998

"Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process."
- Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D, CA), Dec. 16, 1998

"Hussein has ... chosen to spend his money on building weapons of mass destruction and palaces for his cronies."
- Madeline Albright, Clinton Secretary of State, Nov. 10, 1999

"We begin with the common belief that Saddam Hussein is a tyrant and a threat to the peace and stability of the region. He has ignored the mandate of the United Nations and is building weapons of mass destruction and th! e means of delivering them."
- Sen. Carl Levin (D, MI), Sept. 19, 2002

"We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country."

"Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power."

"We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seeking and developing weapons of mass destruction."
- Sen. Ted Kennedy (D, MA), Sept. 27, 2002

"The last UN weapons inspectors left Iraq in October of 1998. We are confident that Saddam Hussein retains some stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons, and that he has since embarked on a crash course to build up his chemical and biological warfare capabilities. Intelligence reports indicate that he is seeking nuclear weapons..."
- Sen. Robert Byrd (D, WV), Oct. 3, 2002

"I will be voting to give the President of the United States the authority to use force -- if necessary -- to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security."
- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Oct. 9, 2002

"There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have nuclear weapons within the next five years ... We also should remember we have always underestimated the progress Saddam has made in development of weapons of mass destruction."
- Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D, WV), Oct 10, 2002

"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al Qaeda members ... It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons."
- Sen. Hillary Clinton (D, NY), Oct 10, 2002

"We are in possession of what I think to be compelling evidence that Saddam Hussein has, and has had for a number of years, a developing capacity for the production and storage of weapons of mass destruction."
- Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), Dec. 8, 2002

"Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime ... He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation ... And now he is miscalculating America's response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction ... So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real..."
- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Jan. 23. 2003

Those poor, poor democrats. Too stupid to figure out for themselves that not only were they WRONG when they were in power, they were STILL WRONG in 2003! After they didn't vote for the war that they voted for!

Who was in control of the Senate when the Act to Authorize the invasion of Iraq who COULD HAVE KILLED THE BILL just as harry reid killed over 200 bills the repub controlled House passed?

He not only did NOT kill the bill, he CO-SPONSORED IT.

Which dems voted FOR the bill who without their vote it would NOT have passed? I'd bet a bunch you even voted for a few if you were old enough and DEFIANTLY support NOW!

Dem's who voted FOR the wars: Baucus (D-MT)
Bayh (D-IN)
Biden (D-DE) Current VP at the time
Breaux (D-LA)
Cantwell (D-WA)
Carnahan (D-MO)
Carper (D-DE)
Cleland (D-GA)
Clinton (D-NY) Current Sec of state at the time(Labeled Smartest women in the world by many lefties)
Daschle (D-SD) Leader of the Senate at the time and co-sponsored the bill
Dodd (D-CT)
Dorgan (D-ND)
Edwards (D-NC) Ran for VP
Feinstein (D-CA)
Harkin (D-IA)
Hollings (D-SC)
Johnson (D-SD)
Kerry (D-MA) Ran for Pres.
Kohl (D-WI)
Landrieu (D-LA)
Lieberman (D-CT) Ran for Pres.
Lincoln (D-AR)
Miller (D-GA)
Nelson (D-FL)
Nelson (D-NE)
Reid (D-NV) Current leader of the Senate at the time
Rockefeller (D-WV)
Schumer (D-NY) Current SML
Torricelli (D-NJ)

Where did the info come from that was used to support the invasion of Iraq? The BIL CLINTON INTELLIGENCE COMMUNITY, is where.

So save us the sanctimonious attitude NOW!

It is funny how many Democrats (liberal/progressives/totalitarians) purposely forget that all their sacred Democrat heroes VOTED FOR THE WARS. LOL! And voted for the PATRIOT ACT!

Old 06-09-2019, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
The vast majority of government agencies, both federal and state, are constructs of left wing authoritarianism. Social Safety Nets? Department of Labor, Department of Health and Human Services, Social Security Administration, and the force collector to pay for it all, the Internal Revenue Service. The 16th Amendment, the Federal Reserve. The vast bureaucracy bankrupting the nation with 23 Trillion in debt, most of which was created by Democrats.

The Constitution? Since when are liberals champions of the Constitution? You don’t seem to agree with the 1st and 2nd Amendments? Is it not a liberal based organization titled “Freedom From Religion”? Is it not liberals trying to remove any reference to religion in public view? Is it not the liberals who find offense when wished “Merry Christmas”? Is it not liberals attempting to ban the right to bear arms?

But I’m curious.... can you point to this “Constitutional Protection” that declares the right for two men to marry each other shall not be infringed?

Safe for whom? Surely it isn’t safe for the baby.

Furthermore, I’m a conservative, and I don’t believe in a total ban on abortion under all circumstances, nor do I know a single person who advocates the restriction of birth control. Only a nut case would promote that nonsense. So what does that say of your perceptions?

As for the last point, I’m guessing that “making it more difficult to adopt children” is code for preventing mentally unstable people who are suffering gender identity issues from subjecting innocent children to such abnormal lifestyles? I’m sorry to tell you that such efforts are not geared toward harming the rights of adults, but of safeguarding the best interests of the children, who are reliant on us for their emotional and physical wellbeing. They are not pets to satisfy the emotional desires of adults ... they are our future.

As for the legalization of weed, I’m certainly against the government regulating what I can do, even though I choose not to smoke dope. I do smoke cigarettes, and I wish the liberals would stop trying to prevent that, or make it cost so much. Just another example of hypocrisy and cognitive dissonance.... dope ok to smoke, tobacco, not ok.
"]The vast majority of government agencies, both federal and state, are constructs of left wing authoritarianism. Social Safety Nets? Department of Labor, Department of Health and Human Services, Social Security Administration, and the force collector to pay for it all, the Internal Revenue Service. The 16th Amendment, the Federal Reserve. The vast bureaucracy bankrupting the nation with 23 Trillion in debt, most of which was created by Democrats."

What does the Dept of Education, which public school education is s STATE responsibility, do that is worth a $68 BILLION budget?

Old 06-09-2019, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
Lot of truth in this. I hope the G.O.P. falls into the abyss of hell. I'm sick of their hypocrisy and double standards. They are horrible killers of every form of life.
And I thought this was ADULT forum!

Old 06-09-2019, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
It is funny how many Democrats (liberal/progressives/totalitarians) purposely forget that all their sacred Democrat heroes VOTED FOR THE WARS. LOL! And voted for the PATRIOT ACT!
"all their sacred Democrat heroes VOTED FOR THE WARS" and W. Bush used the CLINTON Intelligence info about WMDs! But, Bush was a "liar"!

Old 06-09-2019, 07:51 AM

50,327 posts, read 47,080,006 times
So that means all Latinos and Hispanics are Republican? You know, illegals before American. They are also extremely religious so certainly they are conservative. Right?

Old 06-09-2019, 08:16 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,931,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
Conservatives are Tribalism to an extreme. There is a very real reason the left have such a hard time with unity and the Right does not. The Left by and large focus on issues, and many of them are so hung up on different specific issues that they will attack each other as much as they attack the opposing Right.

The Right cares more about loyalty. This fact is why they are so willing to back "their team" even when presented with hard evidence that those individuals act in direct opposition to their supposed values.

You want to know why it doesn't make sense that they cry about things like universal health care, but don't cry about the trillions spent on pointless wars? Because it isn't made to make sense. You will never logic your way out of people who are climate change deniers, deficit apologists, border wall supporters etc. They are thinking on a tribal level, not a logical one.

This fact is because tribalism taps into fundamental conservative beliefs. Conservatives are much more sympathetic to things like authoritarianism, classism, racism, etc. because it is based fundamentally on the idea that some people are simply better than other people. And, often times, those "better people" are frequently people that conservatives can associate with themselves, whether that is "being an American, being a Republican, being a Texan, being white, being a man, being a soldier, being wealthy etc."

So, when a man comes up and says "I am you, but I am the best of you. I am a White, wealthy, American man, and I am here to tell you that Climate change doesn't real." You just accept that as fact because you're not going to crucify one of your own, especially if you believe he is better than you.

This fact is why the left is far more likely to crucify their own over "petty" things. You think Anthony Weiner or Al Franken would be out of office if they were Republicans? When was the last time you saw Republicans call for the resignation of one of their own over a sex scandal, an indictment, a racist past, etc. ? It's not impossible, but it is far from common. They are far more likely to call for their head when they trample on "their side's" policies like Gun control or Abortion.

The "Left" isn't perfect, but it is FAR less susceptible from this tribalism, and it causes them to be fractured. This is why you see nuts on the left tend to be isolated into pockets unable to form a good coalition, because they are typically not immune from criticism from "their own side."

The problem is the Democrats act like the Right has those same standards, but the Right takes advantage of the loyalty of their base, and in brilliant fashion.

Agree or disagree?

Bonus: someone stated “Democrats fall in love, conservatives fall in line”..
Wow. That's a great analysis, can't really disagree with any of your conclusions. Thanks for posting this.

Old 06-09-2019, 10:28 AM

13,657 posts, read 9,724,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
So that means all Latinos and Hispanics are Republican? You know, illegals before American. They are also extremely religious so certainly they are conservative. Right?
On social issues, likely. One of the stunning anomalies and confusions of modern politics, is the question of why US Republicans don't realign their policies (let alone their message) to appeal to Hispanic voters. A partial answer is that, presumably, most Latino-derived cultures are less individualistic than Anglo-American culture. This means tolerance for higher taxes and more intrusive public programs, in favor of greater social services. This, presumably, is contrary to Republican principles. A more cynical answer is at the heart of this thread: Republican embrace of Hispanic/Latino voters would offend the sensibilities of core Republican voters. It would result in exchange of new voters for old, in zero-sum, rather than augmentation of the party.

Old 06-09-2019, 10:43 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,650,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
well its like the AOC chick, she very liberal, and everything out of her mouth has been "spend money" she has absolutely no idea where it will come from but from government , she wants to spend other peoples money.

and thats all she cares about, no solution, no idea on how, just I want this( green deal) and government paying for it. take all the money from the rich, to pay for it

thats a typical liberal democratic
Don't liberals pay taxes, too, including when they raise them?

Last edited by StillwaterTownie; 06-09-2019 at 11:16 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies