Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2019, 08:34 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,970,933 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
What a ridiculous thread.

Let's snuff out life because life may be hard

Newsflash: even those with hard lives live meaningful lives in their own ways, going on to have children and families of their own, etc.

The fact that some live hard lives is not justification for snuffing out life.
It's not ridiculous at all just because you don't have a good answer to my question. There are hundreds of threads in which conservatives dictate the immorality of abortion. This is a very logical and realistic thread that is merely an extension of those opinions. You hate abortion and want it abolished. OK. Let's get rid of it. States have recently passed laws doing exactly that. Now what? Lofty sanctimonious sentiments about how wrong abortion is don't mean a thing when you have living unwanted children who are homeless and hungry. Those exist right now in America, and abortion is legal.

Ban abortion and you will have a million+ more/each year. The parents won't want them or they can't afford them, the foster care system is overwhelmed, and they won't be desirable candidates for adoption due to chronic illness, mixed race, etc. . . And conservatives certainly don't want to pay more taxes to cover the additional fiscal load they cost us. Hooray for the conservative agenda!

Old 06-14-2019, 08:49 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,954,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
It's not ridiculous at all just because you don't have a good answer to my question. There are hundreds of threads in which conservatives dictate the immorality of abortion. This is a very logical and realistic thread that is merely an extension of those opinions. You hate abortion and want it abolished. OK. Let's get rid of it. States have recently passed laws doing exactly that. Now what? Lofty sanctimonious sentiments about how wrong abortion is don't mean a thing when you have living unwanted children who are homeless and hungry. Those exist right now in America, and abortion is legal.

Ban abortion and you will have a million+ more/each year. The parents won't want them or they can't afford them, the foster care system is overwhelmed, and they won't be desirable candidates for adoption due to chronic illness, mixed race, etc. . . And conservatives certainly don't want to pay more taxes to cover the additional fiscal load they cost us. Hooray for the conservative agenda!
Why is it prolifers responsibility to take care of the world? Don't prochoicers care about children? Don;t they want to protect and care for them?

Explain to me in detail, how women don't understand that having sex makes babies.
Explain to me in detail, how women don't understand that if they have sex and do not use BC, they will probably get pregnant.

Explain to me in detail, how women who refuse to take any responsibility for ANY actions, and then get pregnant means that other people -- prolifers only, again, per this thread -- should be held 100% responsible for her actions.

Name another situation where YOU are held 100% responsible for actions you did not do.

Old 06-14-2019, 09:00 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,546,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Anyone with half a brain would know that by offering one's opinion on any issue is not forcing them to comply with yours.
There you go, moving the goalposts again....

I said attempt to control, not force to comply.

Quote:
My objection is based on caring about life being protected. Here's a good article for you to read.

https://www.lifesitenews.com/resourc...-isnt-a-person
I was going to ask you if choosing those particular words "life being protected" is at least partially influenced by religion.

Then I looked at the link you provided, and I no longer needed to ask that question. The answer is obviously yes.

By including that link...at least you aren't shy about your beliefs. There is something to be said for that .

Great things about our country.....We are not a theocracy , and we also have freedom of religion.

You are free to believe what you wish, adhere to what you wish to adhere to, and to try to convince as many people as you desire to agree with you, but just because a particular religion has a particular tenet, that doesn't mean that, as a society, we should tailor a law that all of us have to live under to dovetail to a tenet of that religion.

Old 06-14-2019, 09:05 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,546,342 times
Quote:

Old 06-14-2019, 09:06 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,217,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiociolliscalves View Post
Fun fact: what percentage of Americans agree with the official position of the Democratic Party, per its platform, which is that a woman shall have a right to an abortion at any point of a pregnancy for any reason whatsoever? 13%. That's 13% when you present to them the specifics rather than "Are you pro-choice or pro-life?

The bulk of Americans fall somewhere in the middle. Most favor abortion rights up until three months and then support drops off precipitously.

A guaranteed losing argument for those folks in the middle is the argument that we can't prohibit abortion because all those kids who wouldn't be killed will really be a drain on society.

It's also a bit hard to take when out of the other sides of their mouths, they argue for taking in even more low-skilled immigrants and their children, many of who are bound for various government subsidies, nevermind the even greater stress upon and degradation of our environment from all these additional people here illegally.

It's also amusing to observe leftists wringing their hands over the economic costs of fewer kids being killed. It's sort of like when they get concerned over the costs of putting someone on death row. Yep, we can't afford those things. But, you know, let's have Medicare for everyone for $20 trillion or whatever the estimates are now. Deficit hawks, everyone of them.
Maybe you can link to the Democratic party platform section that says "a woman shall have a right to an abortion at any point of a pregnancy for any reason whatsoever?"

Thanks.

Old 06-14-2019, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
There you go, moving the goalposts again....

I said attempt to control, not force to comply.

I was going to ask you if choosing those particular words "life being protected" is at least partially influenced by religion.

Then I looked at the link you provided, and I no longer needed to ask that question. The answer is obviously yes.

By including that link...at least you aren't shy about your beliefs. There is something to be said for that .

Great things about our country.....We are not a theocracy , and we also have freedom of religion.

You are free to believe what you wish, adhere to what you wish to adhere to, and to try to convince as many people as you desire to agree with you, but just because a particular religion has a particular tenet, that doesn't mean that, as a society, we should tailor a law that all of us have to live under to dovetail to a tenet of that religion.
Anti-abortion is not a religious stance.

Old 06-14-2019, 09:13 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,970,933 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
That's not my personal opinion. I'm mixed myself. It's an unfortunate fact that babies who are not white wait much longer to be adopted than Caucasian babies.

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...oving-families

Old 06-14-2019, 09:15 AM

20,722 posts, read 16,386,025 times
Short and crass answer - pitch them in the garbage and then complain that they have to pay the government to pick up the trash.

Old 06-14-2019, 09:16 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,598,766 times
I could afford to adopt kids if the government would stop taking so much of my money

Old 06-14-2019, 09:18 AM

Quote:
That's not my personal opinion. I'm mixed myself. It's an unfortunate fact that babies who are not white wait much longer to be adopted than Caucasian babies.

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...oving-families
Perhaps if blacks weren't targeted so heavily for abortion, there would be more black families today who would be open to adopting black babies.

You can't keep advocating for a population to be killed off and then complain why they aren't around to adopt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies