Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who Won the Debate on 6/27/19?
Michael Bennet 1 1.16%
Joe Biden 3 3.49%
Pete Buttigieg 19 22.09%
Kirsten Gillibrand 0 0%
Kamala Harris 42 48.84%
John Hickenlooper 1 1.16%
Bernie Sanders 3 3.49%
Eric Swalwell 2 2.33%
Marianne Williamson 9 10.47%
Andrew Yang 6 6.98%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2019, 06:40 PM

4,985 posts, read 3,967,503 times

Advertisements

40 years ago, busing meant putting public school children on a school bus and taking them ANYwhere except the closest school since the "neighborhood" school
had too many of one type of student as defined by the Federal Government which approved busing plans so that the local school could receive federal money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2019, 06:40 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,668,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David_The_Investor View Post
LOL @ Trump sticking to his word or promises.

The man has constantly lied, obfuscated, and cheated while in the White House.
Agreed but that doesn’t mean he hasn’t tried to follow through with his campaign promises (border wall, Muslim ban, tax cuts, Obamacare, etc..). What major campaign promises has he completely abandoned?

Old 06-28-2019, 06:43 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,628,785 times
Just imagine, that if elected, which of these liberal clowns is going to deal and negotiate with Kim jong un? Bernie? Yang? Booker?

now thats a scary thought

Old 06-28-2019, 06:46 PM

2,068 posts, read 999,575 times
My reaction to Kamala Harris' "twenty years after Brown v Board of Education, I was in the second class to integrate in Berkeley" comment was... "Wow", Berkeley didn't integrate until 1973 (20 years after 1954 =1974. Second class = -1 year).

Even my "racist" southern town of Waco, TX, had integrated its schools by 1964. What's with those Californians?

Busing KILLED the neighborhood schools.

Why do we not still bus children across town to "better" schools? Because it FAILED! Busing is just another example of an idiotic progressive solution that has miserably FAILED.

Attending school in the nice building in another part of town does NOT equate to better education. Community involvement in the neighborhood school delivers a better education.

Kamala did nothing on Thursday night except pull out the race-victim card. It's funny to watch the gleeful reaction to her card play.

Old 06-28-2019, 06:52 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,522,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Just imagine, that if elected, which of these liberal clowns is going to deal and negotiate with Kim jong un? Bernie? Yang? Booker?

now thats a scary thought
They would pay Kim huge amounts of money while he publicly continued his nuclear weapons testing program and the press would cheer that as a victory.

Old 06-28-2019, 06:56 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,215,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
She would have just turned 5 for the school year of 1969.
You mean the normal age children start kindergarten? Because that is what she was talking about, being bussed to her elementary school

Old 06-28-2019, 07:03 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral_Weeks View Post
WTF are you talking about? Trying to re-write history, huh?

Biden wasn't even elected to the U.S. Senate until 1972...LBJ was out of office as of 1969.

During his tenure in the Senate Biden was instrumental in expanding voting rights, supporting affirmative action, passing the Violence Against Women Act, expanding the definition of hate crimes and working toward ending employment discrimination.
Dear he went on record in 1973 as being against it. What is so hard for you to understand about that? From Biden's own mouth about LBJ's civil rights program.
“I do not buy the concept, popular in the ’60s, which said ‘We have suppressed the black man for 300 years and the white man is now far ahead in the race for everything our society offers. In order to even the score, we must now give the black man a head start, or even hold the white man back, to even the race.’ I don’t buy that. I don’t feel responsible for the sins of my father and grandfather. I feel responsible for what the situation is today, for the sins of my own generation. And I’ll be damned if I feel responsible to pay for what happened 300 years ago.”
Biden 1973 Cleveland City Club.
So you are proved wrong. Now you can be angry.

Old 06-28-2019, 07:03 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,761,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkeydance View Post
40 years ago, busing meant putting public school children on a school bus and taking them ANYwhere except the closest school since the "neighborhood" school
had too many of one type of student as defined by the Federal Government which approved busing plans so that the local school could receive federal money.
Thanks for the explanation. That's kind of the same as what I had to deal with but then by bike or other means to get there. The school we went to was the City/County school that got government funding as Jews were not allowed on the other schools.

I guess I have to feel now and react like Harris did....but she and others should pull up their big adult pants and grow up.

Times have changed and she may just like me not be who we are and know how to fight for our rights if it wasn't for our past.

To keep bringing that up doesn't make any sense, other than to learn from history! JMO!

Old 06-28-2019, 07:07 PM

3,260 posts, read 6,762,145 times
Attending school in the nice building in another part of town does NOT equate to better education. Community involvement in the neighborhood school delivers a better education.

Kamala did nothing on Thursday night except pull out the race-victim card. It's funny to watch the gleeful reaction to her card play.[/quote]

It's so very nice to see SOMEBODY who isn't asleep at the wheel and sees things for what they truly are. Her theatrics do NOT impress me one bit. She can take a long walk off a short pier and I won't miss her one bit

Old 06-28-2019, 07:09 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkeydance View Post
40 years ago it meant that this was THE ONLY WAY to actually integrate the schools. It wasn't Brown that integrated the schools. It was Swann in 1971. Had it not occurred, then schools would have remained segregated in the USA. Biden was against it.

Swann v. Charlotte-Mecklenburg Board of Education

Jessie Jackson, who was there, has now called out Biden for being in the wrong side of this issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies