Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who Won the Debate on 6/27/19?
Michael Bennet 1 1.16%
Joe Biden 3 3.49%
Pete Buttigieg 19 22.09%
Kirsten Gillibrand 0 0%
Kamala Harris 42 48.84%
John Hickenlooper 1 1.16%
Bernie Sanders 3 3.49%
Eric Swalwell 2 2.33%
Marianne Williamson 9 10.47%
Andrew Yang 6 6.98%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2019, 03:29 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRacer View Post
A question I'd like to hear candidates answer is, "How do you plan on reducing the high crime level in many of America's larger cities? Car theft, armed robberies, home invasions etc."

Worry about breaking up big Tech companies later.
That should've left up to towns, counties and states. Not much federally can be done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2019, 03:30 PM

830 posts, read 486,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcisive View Post
man you Lemocrats sure do love dragging race into everything. It makes one a hero everytime it seems and she was first to pull that card out big time (no surprise). Talk about dividing the country. What really cracks me up is several of them saying how they are going to get the blacks and hispanics back to work someone is asleep at the wheel paying NO attention to the employment figures. Can't wait to get this sideshow over with and get on with it.
Put your seatbelt on, brother. This whole #@^$show is going to be about identity politics. And giving away freebies.

Old 06-28-2019, 03:39 PM

7,132 posts, read 4,769,652 times
All I remember about Hillary and Trump is Trump shuffling up behind her and trying to intimidate Hillary with his looming presence, which he probably did. Kamala looks to me like someone who would rip Trump a new a**hole if he tried to do that to her.

Old 06-28-2019, 03:40 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
It's quite scary and astonishing to watch. They have gone completely suicidal.

And out of every candidate there...There is no way, I could see Bernie, PB, Yang, K. Gillibrand, Warren, or Booker being the face of our foreign policy. Biden? Maybe--he's still too old to be doing this kind of work IMO. Kmala Harris? Maybe.

But the rest are too soft to deal with the likes of Putin, Jung Un, Xi, Assad or the Ayatollah. They are too controlled by the left wing nut special interest groups.

I don't think they realize that they cannot always punt or defer to what our "allies" (I.e. the Europeans) think. We need someone who can actually lead and make the tough decisions for our own interests.

Can anyone really see Eliabeth Warren trying to negotiate with NK? Or Bernie Sanders trying to manage trade negotiations with China? What about Pete B trying to negotiate with Iran? Yikes....lord help us. Everything they do and say comes off as completely soft and controlled by pop media and pop culture.
Yeah because Trump is doing real well with Iran and North Korea... China is a mixed bag, but he already has failed in North Korea, within six months of a moment that I thought was the right step, it was showing signs of going to Hell in a handbasket with the Koreans not taking down installations and even them not wanting to talk to Mike Pompeo again. It has still not improved over the past few months. With Iran, he took us out of the nuclear deal and is edging to yet another Middle East war that nobody besides the war machine wants. The tariff war I can't comment because they continue to be ongoing. Trump has set America back in foreign policy bigly.

Old 06-28-2019, 03:41 PM

2,347 posts, read 3,335,447 times
We need to be as loud, arrogant, boorish, obnoxious, and in-your-face as possible.

How dare the damn Republicans act loud, arrogant, boorish, obnoxious, and in-your-face. We should not, must not, and cannot tolerate that under any circumstances. Ever.

They need to be taught a lesson in humility and be reminded on who the correct and party of the future is.

I don't think she was loud enough.

Old 06-28-2019, 03:43 PM

4,488 posts, read 1,643,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoByFour View Post
All I remember about Hillary and Trump is Trump shuffling up behind her and trying to intimidate Hillary with his looming presence, which he probably did. Kamala looks to me like someone who would rip Trump a new a**hole if he tried to do that to her.
That’s true, she’s from Oakland and they don’t put up with sh*t from bullies like Trump!

Old 06-28-2019, 03:45 PM

1,711 posts, read 808,329 times
Has he ever had to persuade a powerful, type A, egotistical person?

Good ideas and smarts don't mean **** when you're across the table from a very powerful person.

DJT for all his faults, with little political experience, is at least used to dealing with people who may not have our best issues at heart. That can't be learned in any school.

Old 06-28-2019, 03:48 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,668,735 times
The thing about Kamala is you know it's all a facade, or at least you should. Trump you didn't know since he had never been in politics and he's actually sticking to his word/promises for the most part or at least trying to, unfortunately.

Old 06-28-2019, 03:51 PM

1,074 posts, read 641,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Example of Hillary Clinton "eviscerating" Trump.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtlXkJGKwao

And remember she's far far better at it than Pocahontas. In fact, Hillary is enjoyable to watch. Warren, on the other hand comes off as a shrill angry elitist.
1. That wasn't a debate. Yes, Hillary did kill it in every debate. Pres. T is just not trained on debating and simply isn't that smart, honestly

2. Who is Pocahontas? Kamala? If so, Pocahontas used love and not hate to save several people, if I recall, so I'll take it! I'm sure Kamala would too

3. Warren? Didn't mention her, she's not my favorite, but I would certainly take any of the 20 fine people on the D side this time. I'm just kinda pi$$ed we had to go through all this to get them out there!

Old 06-28-2019, 03:55 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,288,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgdriver74 View Post
Has he ever had to persuade a powerful, type A, egotistical person?

Good ideas and smarts don't mean **** when you're across the table from a very powerful person.

DJT for all his faults, with little political experience, is at least used to dealing with people who may not have our best issues at heart. That can't be learned in any school.
Umm... DJT is one of those people.

As far as “can’t be learned in any school,” just ask those who attended Trump University.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies