Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2019, 07:52 AM

21,939 posts, read 9,508,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
That is because you fancy yourself a mini slave master. Just like the slave masters of old believed that table scraps were sufficient for slaves.
When all else fails, play your ragged race card.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2019, 07:56 AM

21,939 posts, read 9,508,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Pretty sure nobody chooses to be poor...

Given the choice, would you rather be given a $500 TV (idk how much TVs actually cost...never bought one)? Or would you rather make 20x that every month?

With that being said, back to the topic. I'm against the idea of reparations. Giving or taking away people's money based on their race historically tends to be a very bad and slippery road to travel down on, no matter how benevolent the original intentions.
There are and have been, since the beginning of time, people who are wiling to sit back and collect $$ for doing nothing.

Old 05-01-2019, 07:57 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,709,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
When all else fails, play your ragged race card.

Lol....what? This whole topic is about race.

Old 05-01-2019, 08:09 AM

34,232 posts, read 18,584,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
He can self-identify as a gay female. Obama gave him permission. For my part, I self-identify and a transgendered Labrador Retriever.
I'm and Undocumented Disenfranchisor. Maybe Booker will come out of the closet. He needs to do something as nobody cares about him anymore.

Old 05-01-2019, 08:20 AM

7,103 posts, read 5,986,609 times
Quote:
It's funny how you never hear conservatives talking about how increasing spending on prisons has NEVER resulted in reducing or solving the issue of crime, yet, you see social spending as being a failure as issues persist despite the spending. That is sort of a double standard. Sound like you are willing to spend money to punish black people, even though the punishment does not seem to change the behavior, but you are not willing to continue to spend monies to proactively help and prevent situations that lead to prison.

It does not matter "what proposals" I come share with you. You are EMOTIONALLY against the idea and will not be convinced by the LOGIC of any proposal. Logic is powerless against emotions. You feel what you feel....regardless of the logic.
It doesn't sound at all like I'm for spending money to punish black people.

I'm for legalization and the reduction of the for profit prison system we have here.

I'm not against social spending either.

I simply asked you how you propose to lift up the blacks in America in a way that hasn't failed already. What social dollar amount is it going to take to throw at the black community in order to make you happy?

How would it be spent?

Currently it's being spent on building luxury homes for mayors that run the downtrodden areas of Baltimore, St. Louis, Detroit, etc.

So, hypothetically, if big govt allocated 1 Trillion dollars to people of color, which would make every person of color instantly upper middle class, how would that solve the issue that you so passionately argue for?

The reason proposals don't work is because they don't work. No matter how hard someone tries to lump a group of people together: blacks, former slaves, Jews, Hispanics, Christians, etc etc. The collective of their thoughts is good for the collective only and not the individual.

As a group you're advocating we throw money at the blacks in America. I argue we are already doing so. I think you would agree that you're unhappy with the outcome of that throwing cash at blacks, so I would love to hear an educated proposal to throw cash at a group of people that you've lumped into a category that will work.

MY proposals are to 1) Not have children out of wedlock 2) Finish high school 3) Come from a 2 parent household.

Those proposals will almost always guarantee success in America.

If you have a better way with the hypothetical Trillion above, I'd love to hear it....

Last edited by WiseManOnceSaid; 05-01-2019 at 08:43 AM..

Old 05-01-2019, 08:25 AM

Quote:
BS!!! The key is can one person earn enough money. The reason that white families do better than black families is due to the fact that white INDIVIDUALS do better than black INDIVIDUALS. This is not rocket science. If the average income of a white individual is, hypothetically, 40K and the average income of a black individual is 25K......the issue for black families is not the rate of marriage, but rather, the lack of income among black individuals. A married black couple still comes up way short to a married white couple.

In other words, if a black man is making 15k a year and he marries a women who has his kids....what is that going to do for the family? That 15k is not even enough to take care of him....let alone feed, house and cloth kids. Here is the thing. The more economically wall off a MALE is, the greater the likelihood that he will marry. Why? That is because one of the primary traditional roles of the male, in a marriage, IS TO BE THE PROVIDER!!! Thus, when the male struggles economically, then the rate of marriage and family struggles. This is why Americas long term assault and fear of black males has hurt their ability as providers and hence impacted rates of marriage in the black community.
In the above example the black man should get a better job.

Old 05-01-2019, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Your lack of intellectual integrity killed my argument, with you, before I ever made it. I know there does not exist an argument that you will accept....so stop acting like you were being persuaded....until I made the statement that you put in bold....bold.

Lets see.....does people coming back from a war alive, with no physical or mental wounds mean that those who did not have only themselves to blame? Does the fact that people escaped the Twin Towers during 911 mean that they were more determined, hard working, intelligent and driven than the people who died? Does the fact that some Jews escaped Hitlers persecution, during the Holocaust, mean that those who did not were somehow less motivated, smart, driven, etc?

Your argument is just silly...and that is being nice. Just because some people survive against the odds is not a discrediting of those who don't. Such silly thinking would assume that EVERYONE has the same experience, in degree and kind, as well as same abilities, in degree and kind. That is not intelligent reasoning. The fact that some blacks succeeded after enduring slavery does not mean that all other former slaves had the same situation that those who survived did. Some may have done it by "passing for white", as to be black back then meant the one drop rule, meaning a person could look white...while labeled black because they were known to have black antecedents. I would imagine many Jews "made it" the same way....by "passing" as non-Jewish....since Judaism is not a race....but a choice of religion. Keep in mind we are talking about "European Jews".

That having been said....I guess the fact that I do not look at Jewish people as some superior humans....that means that I hate them. I don't look at Jews any differently than I look at white people in general. Jews are white people to me. No better or no worse. No more superior and no more inferior. My point is and always has been that if you expose any group of humans, in mass, to a certain condition, they will basically respond the same, with a slight margin of error. If blacks had the Jewish experience, we would be in the condition Jews are in. If blacks had the white experience, we would be in the condition of whites. If whites or Jews experience the condition of blacks, they would be in the situation of blacks today.

What people like you want to promote is the idea that whites, Jews or whoever, had they experienced what blacks have, would be in a superior condition than blacks are today and not need to look to the government. In fact, you basically have said this. The only way that your "theory" can be rationalized is if the premise is that BLACKS ARE INFERIOR to Jews, Whites and others. It's plain to see that such is required to reach your conclusions. Again, there is a term for that belief. Despite walking like a duck, quacking like a duck and looking like a duck.....you don't like being labeled as a duck.
The fact that you see people as black or white is a sad way to look at things but I get it, you've done a lot of reading and going to marches and rallies and indoctrinations and that's what they taught you.

Most people really just don't care enough about your worries to give it more than a passing thought. Most of us just see "Fred" or "La'Quanda" or whomever is in front of us at the time of the transaction. After the transaction is over, we are on to the next thing in our lives and have forgotten Fred's or La'Quanda's names.

In my daily life I have interactions with people with millions of varieties of pigment in their skin. I call those interactions "human" interactions with friends/neighbors etc.

I don't care how much pigment you have. I would argue that most people would say the same thing.

It only becomes a black/white issue when people introduce politics into the mix.

Are there people who care about race? Sure. They are being told on campuses everywhere that white men are evil and colored people are victims.

But for the most of us, we just don't care enough about you or the next person to give a crap what color you are.

I'm trying to make a buck, save money, and raise my kids right. Oh and not die of a heart attack. The rest is just nonsense really.

Old 05-01-2019, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
The fact that you see people as black or white is a sad way to look at things but I get it, you've done a lot of reading and going to marches and rallies and indoctrinations and that's what they taught you.

Most people really just don't care enough about your worries to give it more than a passing thought. Most of us just see "Fred" or "La'Quanda" or whomever is in front of us at the time of the transaction. After the transaction is over, we are on to the next thing in our lives and have forgotten Fred's or La'Quanda's names.

In my daily life I have interactions with people with millions of varieties of pigment in their skin. I call those interactions "human" interactions with friends/neighbors etc.

I don't care how much pigment you have. I would argue that most people would say the same thing.

It only becomes a black/white issue when people introduce politics into the mix.

Are there people who care about race? Sure. They are being told on campuses everywhere that white men are evil and colored people are victims.

But for the most of us, we just don't care enough about you or the next person to give a crap what color you are.

I'm trying to make a buck, save money, and raise my kids right. Oh and not die of a heart attack. The rest is just nonsense really.

Yet....here you are writing an essay on it....lol. I guess you are not like "most people".

Old 05-01-2019, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Yet....here you are writing an essay on it....lol. I guess you are not like "most people".
I like to argue with people sometimes as a hobby, especially when they are narrow-minded in scope and direction. Mostly in my downtime and when I'm really really bored.

Still waiting on that proposal... Let's up the ante to 10 Trillion.

Old 05-01-2019, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
I like to argue with people sometimes as a hobby, especially when they are narrow-minded in scope and direction. Mostly in my downtime and when I'm really really bored.

Still waiting on that proposal... Let's up the ante to 10 Trillion.

Again....the paradox...lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies