Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2019, 06:14 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,716,492 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Makes no sense to save people from themselves, especially when the saving process places an unnecessary burden on others.
Thats exactly how they con people into supporting these goofy laws, many people believe they are in their best interest or in the best interest of safety/security, so they dont mind the burden.

it just proves how easily people are fooled and deceived.

Old 07-02-2019, 08:19 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,474,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoByFour View Post
Nope. Drano (not "draino") is not acidic, it is Sodium Hydroxide, also known as lye, and is very basic. It is not in meth, it is used in the production of it.
Ummm. Rakin is a hardcore Christian Right-wing conservative. I am pretty sure he knows a lot more about meth than you.

Old 07-02-2019, 08:38 PM

20,944 posts, read 8,736,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Well sure, those DIY/backyard meth labs, are competition to the big drug cartels...if Joe Bob and luke duke whip up a few batches of homemade meth a few times a month, all the local addicts are coming to them for their fix (and not the cartel supplied dealer).

This is why police target small time drug dealers like this, but we never hear about them targeting the major cartels or trying to stop so much of these drugs from flowing in, its usually about shutting down the competition!
Well, the sheriff needs to have his name printed in the paper along with the amazing amount of money in drug they found...usually maybe 1% of the LE costs to investigate and arrest and then deal with Joe Bob.

It's not just the cartels - everyone is in on mass production of meth. I'm sure we could order a container load - even a short container would be 10 tons.

Joe Bob with the Sudafed makes maybe 5 grams.

And so it goes, and so it goes......

I don't keep up with all the various ways drugs are wholesaled and retailed these days, but suffice it to day the old corner drive-by buying is not the scene.

Trying to keep a lid on drugs in a free society is like trying to stop people from having sex. In other words, completely impossible.

Look what they have accomplished in such a short time. LE, or the war on drugs, has made everything cheaper, better quality and much more readily available. Never has a more perfect example of folly been exposed...other than perhaps during prohibition.

And now they are embarking on the new Opiate Adventure...that they know nothing about. But they have to do something with the 10's of billions they will extract from the opiate firms. God Forbid they use it to feed people, house the homeless, improve public transit, etc.

No, they will use it to yank relief from real pain patients, to build detox centers that don't work and to hire 10's of thousands of social workers who know even less about the stuff than the doctors or politicians.

Getting between people and their pleasures is a fools errand. It would be like declaring that the entire USA had to subsist on Water and Liver paste...in addition to stopping all sexual activity and drinking and everything else that people enjoy....ALL of which can do you harm in various ways if one is not responsible.

Heck, walking down the street can do you lots of harm. Driving even more.

Old 07-03-2019, 01:59 AM

37,827 posts, read 41,161,092 times
Quote:
I wish more people would wake up and stop complying with and obeying these goofy laws!
Yeah, but you know, I like to breathe.

Old 07-03-2019, 09:13 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,321,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Yeah, but you know, I like to breathe.
Lol!!

Old 07-03-2019, 09:26 AM

31,846 posts, read 17,708,217 times
Quote:
I wish more people would wake up and stop complying with and obeying these goofy laws!
Yes, people should just suffer with itchy eyes, runny noses, sneezing and headaches instead. That will really show 'em!

Old 07-03-2019, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Yes, people should just suffer with itchy eyes, runny noses, sneezing and headaches instead. That will really show 'em!
Uh, not complying with the laws, they would still get their meds they need, it would just be illegally obtained.

Old 07-03-2019, 10:27 AM

31,846 posts, read 17,708,217 times
Quote:
Uh, not complying with the laws, they would still get their meds they need, it would just be illegally obtained.
Obtained illegally? You honestly believe people should do something as stupid as obtaining drugs illegally as a way to protest/avoid this inconvenience?

You sound like a real role model for those around you.

Old 07-03-2019, 10:36 AM

40,999 posts, read 49,430,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
Ummm. Rakin is a hardcore Christian Right-wing conservative. I am pretty sure he knows a lot more about meth than you.
Actually I'm not. I'm more moderate and I'll take his word on it that Drano is used in the Manufacture. I always thought it was an Ingredient.

No wonder when I cook Meth it turns out wrong.

But I have had quite a few friends and family fall in the Meth addition trap and not totally oblivious to the drug.
It's as bad a heroin and it is one of a few drugs I agree should be banned.

Old 07-03-2019, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Obtained illegally? You honestly believe people should do something as stupid as obtaining drugs illegally as a way to protest/avoid this inconvenience?

You sound like a real role model for those around you.
Look at it this way...if you had lived in the days before civil rights laws, would you have encouraged people to 'just obey the laws', when it came to the old Jim Crow laws and/or laws on where minorities could sit, eat, drink water from, etc? Would you have been one of those people calling police on someone, because they were violating one of these laws?

I hope not, because today, we celebrate and honor people back then, that refused to comply, that did not obey the laws, Rosa parks is a great example, she was a common criminal when she refused to move seats, but today she is a historical patriot, who stood up to an unconstitutional law.

Drug laws are similar imo, they are unconstitutional by design (govt had NO right to create or enforce laws like this in the first place).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies