Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2019, 12:17 AM

7,184 posts, read 4,763,233 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
I prefer to hang it all on the politicians and their idiotic war on drugs. If someone wants to make meth out of whatever, its no one elses business.
No fan of politicians here but no. You can thank drug addicts.

Old 06-30-2019, 01:01 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,578,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
No fan of politicians here but no. You can thank drug addicts.
Look at it like this...Since ALL drug laws are actually unconstitutional...anyone choosing to partake in selling or using drugs is performing a patriotic duty (even if they do not realize this is what they are doing), they are basically refusing to comply with those laws!

*This is why I no longer call police when I see drug activity, and also why Ive instructed our store employees to do the same

Old 06-30-2019, 01:04 AM

29,212 posts, read 22,344,773 times
Before all the allergy stuff with pseudoephedrine in it required registration, the meth junkies used to buy up an entire store's supply of the stuff and then would sit out in their car in the parking lot all day popping the pills out of the blister packs.

Here in Idaho, all those drugs have required a D.L. for years now, and earlier, they were restricted as to how many packs in a month anyone could purchase.

That law was changed twice. One change took away all the number restrictions, an d then then next put restrictions back on again, except this one restricts the total amount of pseudoephedrine one can purchase in a month instead of limiting the pills.

This last one seems to have worked out the best. For those with allergies, the restrictions work out to be about a month's supply, taken following the directions, but it's not enough to get high on, apparently.

But every time I go and buy a pack, I have to show my driver's license and sign an electronic affidavit before I get the pills.

Old 06-30-2019, 01:18 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,578,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Before all the allergy stuff with pseudoephedrine in it required registration, the meth junkies used to buy up an entire store's supply of the stuff and then would sit out in their car in the parking lot all day popping the pills out of the blister packs.

Here in Idaho, all those drugs have required a D.L. for years now, and earlier, they were restricted as to how many packs in a month anyone could purchase.

That law was changed twice. One change took away all the number restrictions, an d then then next put restrictions back on again, except this one restricts the total amount of pseudoephedrine one can purchase in a month instead of limiting the pills.

This last one seems to have worked out the best. For those with allergies, the restrictions work out to be about a month's supply, taken following the directions, but it's not enough to get high on, apparently.

But every time I go and buy a pack, I have to show my driver's license and sign an electronic affidavit before I get the pills.
You do realize they only place these restrictions on drugs like this, to benefit the Mexican cartels...right?

All those guys sitting in their car for hours removing the pills from the packaging were DIY meth cooks, in other words, they were competition to cartel supplied meth, the more addicts came to them to buy drugs, means that many less buying the cartel supplied drugs.

Its really a clever scheme they have going on, the cartels obviously benefit but so the DEA and other narco law enforcement who enforce and have a hand in creating these laws and restrictions, its a win-win for both groups.

Old 06-30-2019, 08:52 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,023,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
First time this happened to me was today, but is this a nationwide precaution or just something instituted state to state?

All i wanted was some Claritin-D. Walmart not only had it behind the pharmacy kiosk, but I had to show my license and then they actually ran my license through a database!

I told my wife about it, and she was saying that in some states, they’re doing the same thing with DRAINO!! WTH?? DRAINO?

I’m starting to realize that I’m living in a bubble...I’m seriously disconnected from what’s going on. The Walmart employee was surprised that I was shocked at having to have my ID run for allergy meds. She was looking at me like I had two heads! Lol

At the age of 30+ I was carded by a pimply faced Best Buy clerk for Doom3. I have also been carded for lighters at a Kmart not so long ago and I'm pushing 50. I guess it's just store policy to card everyone.

As mentioned the product you were purchasing is highly regulated because it's used to make meth.

Old 06-30-2019, 08:58 AM

20,096 posts, read 8,998,912 times
it's gotten so bad people are injuring their pets and taking them to the vet to get prescriptions for pain killers. Pharmacists are wise to that already.

Old 06-30-2019, 08:59 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,595,087 times
The biggest drug pusher is Big Pharma. Since they're in bed with the government, they have nerve hassling consumers just trying to do some shopping. If someone goes into a store and tries to purchase 50 packages of Sudafed (the real stuff behind the counter and not otc), then they can call the cops. Tracking everyone is the wrong approach, but typical.

Old 06-30-2019, 09:02 AM

20,123 posts, read 16,144,906 times
Ah sheesh, I once made the mistake of chatting with the pharmacy clerk at Walmart about how the crazy high pollen count was making my husband suffer worse normal from allergies so I was purchasing the severe congestion with actual pseudoephedrine and she refused to sell to me since it wasn’t for me. I tried to tell it was also for me, but, nope, she flat out refused. Had to go somewhere else, where I kept my mouth shut. Crazy.

Old 06-30-2019, 09:07 AM

20,123 posts, read 16,144,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
it's gotten so bad people are injuring their pets and taking them to the vet to get prescriptions for pain killers. Pharmacists are wise to that already.
I had some doofus steal my dog’s tramadol while she was being boarded. It was a whopping 6-10 pills. He had been doing it a while and they finally had put up cameras a couple of weeks after she had been there to catch whoever was doing it.

Old 06-30-2019, 09:24 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times
Appears most states impose controls with the sale of stuff that is commonly used to create Meth.

Pseudoephedrine Limits: *What are they and why do they exist?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies