Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2019, 11:20 AM

37,833 posts, read 41,178,545 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
First time this happened to me was today, but is this a nationwide precaution or just something instituted state to state?

All i wanted was some Claritin-D. Walmart not only had it behind the pharmacy kiosk, but I had to show my license and then they actually ran my license through a database!

I told my wife about it, and she was saying that in some states, they’re doing the same thing with DRAINO!! WTH?? DRAINO?

I’m starting to realize that I’m living in a bubble...I’m seriously disconnected from what’s going on. The Walmart employee was surprised that I was shocked at having to have my ID run for allergy meds. She was looking at me like I had two heads! Lol
I've been doing this for Claritin D since at least 2011 in Walgreens. Since you can't get more until a month is up, you better write the date on the box so you know when you can buy another. I get the 12 hour - 30 count and can only take one per day because of the 30 day law. God forbid you need one in the night as well as the morning. If you buy the 24 hour Claritin-D, instead of the 12 hour, you can't get a box of 30.

The other Claritin is not a decongestant.

Old 07-01-2019, 11:38 AM

20,926 posts, read 8,733,297 times
You don't need an ID to vote. Crazy priorities

Old 07-01-2019, 11:59 AM

22,159 posts, read 9,720,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
It includes pseudoephedrine as an ingredient, which is used to make methamphetamine. This is why it is regulated this way.
They have been doing this for years now.

Old 07-01-2019, 01:53 PM

16,912 posts, read 10,651,055 times
Don’t worry, you can still vote without an ID.

Old 07-01-2019, 06:18 PM

1,203 posts, read 624,767 times
If you need more, you can always get a prescription. Also, you can have someone else buy it for you.

Old 07-01-2019, 08:35 PM

20,944 posts, read 8,743,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
It includes pseudoephedrine as an ingredient, which is used to make methamphetamine. This is why it is regulated this way.
Of course...and anyone with 1/2 a brain knows they can buy all kinds of "legal" stuff on the internet with relatively close effects to meth......let alone buying the real thing on the Dark Web.

I can understand not allowing someone to buy thousands of the pills....but this has all gone too far.

It's not an easy thing to make meth out of those pills! Meth and Coke are now produced by the ton using modern industrial processes and squeezing a little out of pills with bottle refineries is so passe.

In the end the question is quite simple - are adults adults? And, if one believes that adults are NOT adults, then who do they believe is qualified to decide who is and who is not?

The answer so far seems to the Sacklers (perdue Pharma), who made 10's of billions selling opiates which you didn't have to brew from little pills.

The *** is up with the internet and worldwide communication and shipping. Modern chemistry has allowed to almost perfect analogues (legal or quasi-legal) to be manufactured and sold....and also the real thing.

Time for personal responsibility to come back in vogue. I have three pot rec shops within 10 minutes of here and could buy enough for $10 to put me on the floor for two days....but I don't. In fact, I walked by one of the places today and there was no one there! Amazing, eh? Adults acting like adults. Our breweries are much more popular.

Old 07-02-2019, 12:25 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,727,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
That would be news to our local sheriff. He busts meth labs on a weekly basis.
Well sure, those DIY/backyard meth labs, are competition to the big drug cartels...if Joe Bob and luke duke whip up a few batches of homemade meth a few times a month, all the local addicts are coming to them for their fix (and not the cartel supplied dealer).

This is why police target small time drug dealers like this, but we never hear about them targeting the major cartels or trying to stop so much of these drugs from flowing in, its usually about shutting down the competition!

Old 07-02-2019, 12:31 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,727,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I've been doing this for Claritin D since at least 2011 in Walgreens. Since you can't get more until a month is up, you better write the date on the box so you know when you can buy another. I get the 12 hour - 30 count and can only take one per day because of the 30 day law. God forbid you need one in the night as well as the morning. If you buy the 24 hour Claritin-D, instead of the 12 hour, you can't get a box of 30.

The other Claritin is not a decongestant.
I wish more people would wake up and stop complying with and obeying these goofy laws!

Old 07-02-2019, 02:07 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,556,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
First time this happened to me was today, but is this a nationwide precaution or just something instituted state to state?

All i wanted was some Claritin-D. Walmart not only had it behind the pharmacy kiosk, but I had to show my license and then they actually ran my license through a database!

I told my wife about it, and she was saying that in some states, they’re doing the same thing with DRAINO!! WTH?? DRAINO?

I’m starting to realize that I’m living in a bubble...I’m seriously disconnected from what’s going on. The Walmart employee was surprised that I was shocked at having to have my ID run for allergy meds. She was looking at me like I had two heads! Lol
Uh, this has been a thing for YEARS. It contains pseudoephedrine. It's unfortunate that some people use it to make meth. I'm not any happier than you are that it's come to this extreme but I'm surprised this is the first time it's come to your attention.

Old 07-02-2019, 02:30 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,556,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
I haven't had the Draino pat down, but I had to sign a list and show ID the last time I bought Claritin-D which was several years ago.

I switched to Zertec, which works better for me and I avoid the police state baloney.
Zyrtec is a plain old antihistamine (I use it too). Add the -D and you'll still have to get it from behind the counter because of the added psuedoephedrine (decongestant).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies