Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2019, 01:58 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,262,149 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Busting meth labs is still common in some areas. Farmers here are continually getting fertilizer stolen because it can be used for meth.
Damn...fertilizer? Yikes!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye77 View Post
OP needs to get out of Detroit a little more often. Here in AZ, Wally World has their self-check registers programmed to require an employee to approve purchase of anything like spray paint and Lort knows what else. Last time I bought Sudafed was in Florida a number of years ago, and yes it was behind the counter and I was asked for id. It goes into a data base that prevents you from going to 10 different drug stores in one day to stock up
I’ve been living in Arizona since 1967. I don’t know what the hell you’re talking about. I’d probably have a clue if i were in Detroit instead seeing as how that’s the real world, and no one lives in a bubble around there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFL_Native View Post
Op trying to cook meth?
Yeah. I’m Heisenberg in full recrudescence.

Old 06-29-2019, 02:02 PM

17,629 posts, read 13,420,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
First time this happened to me was today, but is this a nationwide precaution or just something instituted state to state?

All i wanted was some Claritin-D. Walmart not only had it behind the pharmacy kiosk, but I had to show my license and then they actually ran my license through a database!

I told my wife about it, and she was saying that in some states, they’re doing the same thing with DRAINO!! WTH?? DRAINO?

I’m starting to realize that I’m living in a bubble...I’m seriously disconnected from what’s going on. The Walmart employee was surprised that I was shocked at having to have my ID run for allergy meds. She was looking at me like I had two heads! Lol

It's been the law in Ohio for over 10 years. Yes, I believe it's the law in all states now to cut down on purchases of pseudoepherine

Pseudoephedrine is used to make meth

Old 06-29-2019, 02:08 PM

4,514 posts, read 2,532,295 times
Need an ID to buy Claritan, but not to vote. Absolutely ridiculous.

Old 06-29-2019, 02:09 PM

8,886 posts, read 4,603,481 times
Quote:
Damn...fertilizer? Yikes!!

I’ve been living in Arizona since 1967. I don’t know what the hell you’re talking about. I’d probably have a clue if i were in Detroit instead seeing as how that’s the real world, and no one lives in a bubble around there.

Yeah. I’m Heisenberg in full recrudescence.
Gee, I musta touched a nerve.

Where ever you live, you need to get out more.

Old 06-29-2019, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Gee, I musta touched a nerve.

Where ever you live, you need to get out more.
Yeah, you said something that was obviously stupid. Stupidity always touches a nerve when you have low tolerance for it.

To suggest that someone in Detroit needs to get out more is laughable when you live in Arizona....home of a population full of see no evils & hear no evils even when evil is staring them in the face.

Detroiters don’t live in that kind of oblivion.

Old 06-29-2019, 02:32 PM

18,486 posts, read 15,291,316 times
Quote:
Yeah, you said something that was obviously stupid. Stupidity always touches a nerve when you have low tolerance for it.

To suggest that someone in Detroit needs to get out more is laughable when you live in Arizona....home of a population full of see no evils & hear no evils even when evil is staring them in the face.

Detroiters don’t live in that kind of oblivion.
Reminds me a little of a Public Enemy song I used to know.

Old 06-29-2019, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Reminds me a little of a Public Enemy song I used to know.

Geez...I’m a big fan, but I can’t recall what song you’re addressing.

In any case, for any Arizonan to suggest that people anywhere else have their heads in the clouds is ridiculous on its face. You don’t know the half. I love my homestate, but the naïveté around here is shocking to say the least. This state is as meth ridden as it gets, but you’d never know it listening to people around here. We live in one of the most armour plated bubbles in this country.

Old 06-29-2019, 02:53 PM

18,486 posts, read 15,291,316 times
Quote:
Geez...I’m a big fan, but I can’t recall what song you’re addressing.

In any case, for any Arizonan to suggest that people anywhere else have their heads in the clouds is ridiculous on its face. You don’t know the half. I love my homestate, but the naïveté around here is shocking to say the least. This state is as meth ridden as it gets, but you’d never know it listening to people around here. We live in one of the most armour plated bubbles in this country.
I found it. It’s not very flattering to Arizona.

I will say, that I have been to Arizona many times, and I think it is one of the most beautiful states in the country. But the song is about the people (at that time), not the landscape.

‘By The Time I Get To Arizona’

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zrFOb_f7ubw

Old 06-29-2019, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
I found it. It’s not very flattering to Arizona.

I will say, that I have been to Arizona many times, and I think it is one of the most beautiful states in the country. But the song is about the people (at that time), not the landscape.

‘By The Time I Get To Arizona’

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zrFOb_f7ubw
Oh yeah...that one. Yeah. That was in response to the State government rejecting the MLK holiday. Total embarrassment. First time that I realized that this state wasn’t the utopia everyone pretended it was. The debate got shockingly nasty, and a lot of people turned on one another. Really bad episode in our state history, all exacerbated by our idiot politicians and governor that used the issue to score points with the more suburban and rural voters. I even got onto fisticuffs with some motormouth in Tempe who was talking outta his rear end. Just ugly.

The good news is that we passed it by plebiscite...the only state to do so to my knowledge. So the outcome was was good, and my faith in Arizona was restored.

Old 06-29-2019, 03:22 PM

40,963 posts, read 49,278,180 times
Quote:
It goes into a data base that prevents you from going to 10 different drug stores in one day to stock up
Was about to mention the National Data base. I believe you're limited to 2 boxes every so many days.

The Feds keep track.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies