Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2019, 09:25 AM

7,420 posts, read 2,714,363 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallbuilder View Post
It's really sad young people are buying into the propaganda sold by characters like AOC and Bernie Sanders. I blame the education system. That Communism doesn't work is basic logic. We need a modern Milton Friedman, who can explain the basic fact that prosperity is maximized when each individual pursues his own self-interest. Americans in the 1980s understood that, hence Reagan 49-state landslide.
Selling propaganda such as Democrats are communists, blaming the education system for producing critical thinkers, and then spreading disinformation by claiming America will be great again if we go back to a selected GOP era, is 3 for the price of one post isn't it? Trump campaign nonsense.

EDUCATION IS BAD. Be afraid, keep you and yours dumb and uninformed.

DEMOCRATS ARE COMMUNISTS. Be afraid and blame them for everything wrong in your life.

MAGA. Be very afraid. We can't have American citizens striving for liberty and justice for all.

Old 07-13-2019, 09:29 AM

9,473 posts, read 10,818,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
We have already established that America does not have a capitalist economy.

The vast majority of capitalists do not support capitalism.

I should have known better than take you seriously.
Unfortunately I do have to take you seriously. What the leftists want to make this country into is completely unacceptable. You may not take calls for a crackdown on un American leftist activities seriously but I do mean what i said. Many in the conservative parts of this country would support that type of action. The leftists have provoked a great attitude of defiance against their plans and many people want a strong action taken against them. If you don’t see that or do not take that seriously then you are living in fantasy land. Conservative America will not just sit here and watch it all happen without resisting at all. We will eventually stand up, we are not going to let your side destroy the country.

Old 07-13-2019, 09:33 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,256,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
Unfortunately I do have to take you seriously.
No you don't. Please ignore me.

Old 07-13-2019, 09:36 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,584,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
Selling propaganda such as Democrats are communists, blaming the education system for producing critical thinkers, and then spreading disinformation by claiming America will be great again if we go back to a selected GOP era, is 3 for the price of one post isn't it? Trump campaign nonsense.

EDUCATION IS BAD. Be afraid, keep you and yours dumb and uninformed.

DEMOCRATS ARE COMMUNISTS. Be afraid and blame them for everything wrong in your life.

MAGA. Be very afraid. We can't have American citizens striving for liberty and justice for all.
When the Democrats walk like communists, act like communists and quack like communists, they are communists.

Old 07-13-2019, 09:39 AM

89,067 posts, read 44,895,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by serger View Post
Keep pretending.
Everything I said is true.
Quote:
BTW, 20 k in health insurance is 40% tax on your average earner. Then add college, day care, retirement, etc
Who's paying $20,000 on health care costs per year? That's not even the national average.

You just don't want to face the truth...

"Everything is included" in EU-28 taxes? Nope. Housing, food, and clothing are NOT included. Housing and clothing are expensive in the EU-28, and the average income earner has to pay for those with their GREATLY reduced take home pay due to an EU-28 average 45% effective national tax rate.

That's like an average American earner ($52,000/year) trying to pay for housing, food, and clothing at a bare minimum on take home pay of just $28,600 or just $2,383/month. Rent/mortgage, alone, eats up at least half of that.

In direct contrast, the average American earner ($52,000/year) pays an average effective federal tax rate of 23.1% (10.7% income tax plus 12.4% for both employee and employer share of SS and Medicare tax).

Do you think you can convince average income Americans to bump that effective federal tax rate up to 45% like the EU-28? I don't think they'll go for it, especially with the extreme shortage of affordable housing in the US due to having to compete with 22 million illegal aliens (Yale/MIT study) for low-cost housing.

Old 07-13-2019, 09:45 AM

89,067 posts, read 44,895,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanv3 View Post
If sky crashes down like how Lehman, GM, AIG did , then the brilliant minds shouldnt be begging to the President to bail them out with the poor taxpayers money to save that "sucker ( economy)"
That's what happens when we DON'T have capitalism. So WHY advocate we go in that same direction, on steroids? That's just stupid as hell.

Old 07-13-2019, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Everything I said is true.
Who's paying $20,000 on health care costs per year? That's not even the national average.

You just don't want to face the truth...

"Everything is included" in EU-28 taxes? Nope. Housing, food, and clothing are NOT included. Housing and clothing are expensive in the EU-28, and the average income earner has to pay for those with their GREATLY reduced take home pay due to an EU-28 average 45% effective national tax rate.

That's like an average American earner ($52,000/year) trying to pay for housing, food, and clothing at a bare minimum on take home pay of just $28,600 or just $2,383/month. Rent/mortgage, alone, eats up at least half of that.

In direct contrast, the average American earner ($52,000/year) pays an average effective federal tax rate of 23.1% (10.7% income tax plus 12.4% for both employee and employer share of SS and Medicare tax).

Do you think you can convince average income Americans to bump that effective federal tax rate up to 45% like the EU-28? I don't think they'll go for it, especially with the extreme shortage of affordable housing in the US due to having to compete with 22 million illegal aliens (Yale/MIT study) for low-cost housing.
I think if we put a gun on their head, they will be convinced easily.

Old 07-13-2019, 09:46 AM

7,420 posts, read 2,714,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
When the Democrats walk like communists, act like communists and quack like communists, they are communists.
With all due respect you are incorrect. Read the platform of the Party of Democrats. Don't be afraid to educate yourself and learn about it.

Peace.

Old 07-13-2019, 09:52 AM

31,083 posts, read 22,117,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Isn't FDR the guy that created those Concentration camps for Japanese Americans, and had kkk members in his cabinet. Aren't those the bad old Jim Crow Democrat Racist days that Left leaning people today are saying we don't want to go back to

Old 07-13-2019, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
With all due respect you are incorrect. Read the platform of the Party of Democrats. Don't be afraid to educate yourself and learn about it.

Peace.

It would be enormously helpful if you can point out one exception.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies